Sign in to follow this  
Gone user

The Haunting (Of Hill House)

The Haunting is an American supernatural horror anthology web television series created and directed by Mike Flanagan for Netflix, produced by Amblin Television and Paramount Television. The series is a re-imagining of classic horror literature, including The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson and The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. 

The first season, titled The Haunting of Hill House, featured an ensemble cast consisting of Michiel HuismanElizabeth ReaserOliver Jackson-CohenKate Siegel, and Victoria Pedretti as the adult counterparts of the Crain siblings. Carla Gugino and Henry Thomas portray parents Olivia and Hugh Crain, with Timothy Hutton appearing as an older version of Hugh. 

The first season was released on October 12, 2018, on Netflix. It received positive reviews, with many calling it an "effective ghost story" and praising the acting and directing. In February 2019, Netflix renewed the series for a second season. The second season is titled The Haunting of Bly Manor and is based on James' novel, and is set to be released in 2020.

titlecard.jpg?format=original

:flutter:

This series became my all time favorite even when it only has 1 season. I've watched it twice already and I love EVERY aspect of it. When I discovered it turned into an anthology and it was called "The Haunting" now, I couldn't be more excited

I bought the book a bunch of years ago but I still haven’t read it. Don’t think i will but now the tv show is up I’ll look into it

They are totally different I gotta say. Like totally different. Not even the characters are the same

Will have to give it a watch! Especially if it's becoming an Anthology series with different hauntings!

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I'm SO excited for anything coming from Mike Flanagan tbh, he's such a talented horror director. 

He surely is. There's an episode that has only like 5 long scenes in total, they feel infinite and so suspenseful. It's so great.