Sign in to follow this  
jazzsingrcultleadr

Has Lana Ever Spoken About Her Largely Gay Following?

Like I'm trying to rack my brain and see if she's ever been asked about it in an interview but she's 100% a 21st century gay diva in the same vein as Gaga and Beyoncé. But has she ever acknowledged that? I'm genuinely curious but also fully content and obsessed with the possibility that she never has and just hates us f*gs (obvi joking but still lmaoooo). 

The closest thing I remember is this  :rip:

I’ve only recently become aware of the heterosexual males who are into my music. I remember when I was 16, I had a boyfriend. I think he was... 25? I thought that was the best thing. He had an F-150 pickup and let me drive it one time. I was so high up! I panicked and was worried I might kill someone -- run over a nun or something. I started to shake. I was screaming and crying. I saw him looking over, and he was smiling. He said, “I love that you’re out of control.” He saw how vulnerable I was, how afraid, and he loved that. The balance shifted from there. I had the upper hand -- until then.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/cover-story/6737539/lana-del-rey-billboard-cover-pop-stardom-relationships-anxiety

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

side note- i love how her story about being a pilot is kinda mirrored to this

she freaked out having to control something much larger than her just to have discourse as to how 'in-control' she is of herself rather than the vehicle. only she romanticized the boyfriend while turning the pilot instructor into a therapy session

from the P4K interview:

And when I tour whether I'm like at The Shrine in LA or in Norway or whatever there's 20 rows you know of like my gay fans and i can see, I know that, I can tell and I don't really know and I think we probably share a sense of vulnerability maybe being on one end of the stick thats not always so easy but having the personality and the flair and finesse and fire to make our own way to whatever that unique, probably creative, end goal is whether it's in the arts or whatever and so many of the people i work with and friends are gay artists - Johnny Blue Eyes, my stylist, another guy Brett

:lmao:

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

This isn't really about her gay following, but more so about just the gays in general.
https://twitter.com/MissDaytona/status/2373716532
Also she has a song about coming out and being proud and it's from around like 2005  don't quote me on that so we know she supports the gays.
The only time I know of that she talked about her gay fans specifically was in that leaked audio interview from the lfl era.

qfrWuBl.png

i tried to talk about this once and everyone yelled at me :defeated: but yeah it makes me kinda sad i feel like she won’t acknowledge us- maybe she’s trying to be fair or something by not calling out any specific groups but smh it really makes me feel kinda shitty like lana wouldn’t have a career if it weren’t for her lgbt fans but the only ppl she wants to show love is her blonde LA friends that all look the same and that absurdly rich twink who basically stalked her throughout la to the moon

UbsOye5.png

Am4Dbmg.png?1no she actually hates us

Lol where in the article is this

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You