Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana to shoot with Steven Klein again: 3-COVER MAGAZINE PROJECT

^ Is that everything inside?

NO ARTICLE?! ONE POEM?!

KMS if yes

:suicide: :crying5:

Okay ... okay ...

Anyway, she looks better in those than in the actual covers. I like the last one best.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Of course she wasn't about to give a five page interview about her life and career because she's seen the consequences of that in the past....

She's using these poems as a way to communicate with us because we can understand it and the uglies can't.

Have you seen the lanalysis thread... we can connect dots hunny

god-damn.png

I see the 3 covers as topically different. The first is obviously humorous and sluttishly nostalgic (I think she's done stuff like this before). The second is very harsh mistress, and, to me, looks a lot like Christina Applegate. I had hoped the "sounds beautiful" in the caption meant an NFR reference was incoming; instead she at least is posed singing in the last photo (?). The third cover I would guess is mystical and she looks a little bit like Sophia Loren (way back when, of course).

As for the new poem, I like it relatively more too, as it gets more clearly inside her head (if poems are less excusable as fictional stances than songs are). And it is a bleak head. We all know the path Plath took, yet it is better than the other path (which seems to resurface at the end of the poem). But is Mt. Rushmore fame worth a warm embrace, which seems elusive for LDR? And why can't she get it?  I mean does fame preclude such? And if it doesn't, then what hope is there for an ordinary sophont (which makes the poem pretty depressing, imo). I really wish her music sustained her more (as it does her fans). Maybe we'll find out if it can, when she starts touring.