Sign in to follow this  
expandableclitoris

Lana didn't authorize a High By The Beach 'brazilian style' cover?

A couple weeks ago a brazilian singer named "Duda Beat" made a High By The Beach cover called "Chapadinha" and uploaded in her own channel on YT.

Out of the blue, the song was deleted from her channel, probably due to copyright reasons.

During one of her shows in São Paulo, she said "We're on a campaign so Lana can allow us (to use it). But i just wanna say something: if she doesn't allow us, I will release it anyway."

The original song reuploaded by another channel:

The referred live: 

K but this version is a bop and a half. It’s cute and full of attitude something the original should’ve had, just goes to show that production is everything. Rick really paid Lana dust tbh

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

K but this version is a bop and a half. It’s cute and full of attitude something the original should’ve had, just goes to show that production is everything. Rick really paid Lana dust tbh

UGH RIGHT!!! I just listened right now and whew...... wig is nowhere to be found 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

UGH RIGHT!!! I just listened right now and whew...... wig is nowhere to be found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itaBSfXhPWc

I was shook it’s sooo good. If Lana did sort of the same thing I would’ve been all over it. Girl really missed an opportunity to have a mild hit.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Don't come for Rick's production like that! Sure is not even half the bop it should have been but Lana's lazy vocals are the ones to blame, the production on HBTB is top notch, the trap beats have an amazing quality!!

8nl2OpX.png

2 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

Once again, Duda said yesterday she still wishes to release the full version of her cover, yet Lana remains hard hitting and does not authorize it.

In case anyone wants to practice their portuguese, its on the 14:57 mark 

I mean, the guy was talking abt a possible collab (?), maybe they wanted Lana to jump on the track as well? Which will never happen lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I mean, the guy was talking abt a possible collab (?), maybe they wanted Lana to jump on the track as well? Which will never happen lmao

Oh my Gawd i actually tagged the wrong timestamp :rip: Its actually 19:37

3 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

Oh my Gawd i actually tagged the wrong timestamp :rip: Its actually 19:37

Got it.

Still, it’s not like Lana is blatantly saying NO, it’s just that they can’t reach her. I remember another Brazilian song that basically had the same instrumental as Summertime Sadness and they never got this much trouble (or at least, that I know of). Probably didn’t help that Chapadinha was basically the same song w/ a different beat and almost the exact same lyrics translated to Portuguese. 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

12 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Got it.

Still, it’s not like Lana is blatantly saying NO, it’s just that they can’t reach her. I remember another Brazilian song that basically had the same instrumental as Summertime Sadness and they never got this much trouble (or at least, that I know of). Probably didn’t help that Chapadinha was basically the same song w/ a different beat and almost the exact same lyrics translated to Portuguese. 

Its not exactly the same but...

This way of literally translating lyrics into the same instrumentals w/ a different production is a very common and satirical genre in Brazilian northeastern music, she was paying homage.

21 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

Its not exactly the same but...

This way of literally translating lyrics into the same instrumentals w/ a different production is a very common and satirical genre in Brazilian northeastern music, she was paying homage.

I’m not saying it’s 100% the same but c‘mon, the theme is the same- getting high- and even the title High By The Beach was turned into Chapadinha. That song by Aviões, lyric wise, has almost nothing to do w/ Umbrella, even the title doesn’t have anything to do w/ the original.

And lmao I’m Portuguese, don’t worry, I’m familiar w/ all those songs and I know the genre. Still, those two examples are like opposites.  

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 hours ago, Yosemite said:

I’m not saying it’s 100% the same but c‘mon, the theme is the same- getting high- and even the title High By The Beach was turned into Chapadinha. That song by Aviões, lyric wise, has almost nothing to do w/ Umbrella, even the title doesn’t have anything to do w/ the original.

And lmao I’m Portuguese, don’t worry, I’m familiar w/ all those songs and I know the genre. Still, those two examples are like opposites.  

Yet you need to recognize its a thing in Brazil...  its an inoffensive thing

and im pretty sure Arca said Lana didnt allow her to use a HBTB sample either so its not an isolated case