Sign in to follow this  
American Whore

A Song of Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones)

So I’ve watched the entire show all the way through twice now and since then, I started reading the books

I’ve finished the first book and now I’m into the second.

Has anyone else read these? Holy shit, they’re epic. Without spoiling much, the first season follows the book almost word for word at some points. The second book for me starts out the same as the second season but I’ve heard there’s differences between the show and the books so I’m not sure when that’ll happen.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Yes. I have.

just wait til you’ve finished book 5 and have to join the ranks of the dead, and wait a thousand years for winter to come *cough* I mean GRRM to release the 6th book like he’s been teasing for 10 years. If you thought this Era’s draught was bad for Lana Stans lol

but anyway (not bitter or anything) I’m super glad the show is giving us the ending we deserve.

i thought the books were really good and loved all the hints and red herrings and foreshadowing that has lead to some of the best fan theories of any fandom. There’s a few characters from the books that I’m sad didn’t make it into the show though .

hope you enjoyed my vague/spoiler-free ted talk 

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

I've read the first four books but I became so annoyed with some events + the sexism in both series and books that I gave up

The series are a big production for sure but the first seasons were so boring like blood blood sex sex every damn episode

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

WOW was not expecting the book series to be talked about here, but its a very nice surprise!

I read the first book the same year season 1 came out. I would then go on to read the series until the year 2013. I think its evident in writing and the story that the writer ran into serious trouble later down the road, for it has become this huge, tangled mess to put it in the most nicest way possible. As in, too many characters, prose has become worse, chronological order has turned chaotic and too slow of a pace to finish the book series with 2-3 more books.

I haven't even finished book five and I have to admit, I did miss some chapters purposefully because I couldn't really care about certain characters even if they advanced the plot. Despite all this negativity I suppose, I love the world George Martin has built. Sadly, I think he will die before he finishes the series.

The second book holY FUCK AM I LOSING MY SHIT RIGHT NOW. UGHHHH it’s just so great lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole