Sign in to follow this  
Flowerbomb

856 Year Old Cathedral Notre-Dame Set On Fire

Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France.

It has been reported that the cathedral has been set on fire. Exact details are still unclear. Will update soon.

https://news.sky.com/story/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-11694910

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6925015/Fire-breaks-historic-Notre-Dame-cathedral-Paris.html

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The fans are impatient for Norman Rockwell....please Lana put an end to this, give us what we deserve. Until you don't, major historical monuments shall burn. One by one. Week by week.

Until.

You.

Give.

Us.

What

We.

Deserve.

Most likely an accident by construction workers.

tenor.gif

Iconic French structures and construction workers need to stay away from each other

who would've thought the Notre Dame would suffer the same fate as the SS Normandie

negAbhB.png

To me, the comments about NFR right now aren’t appropriate. What a significant loss for France. The architecture, art, and culture that the building has is so immense. It was one of my dreams to visit it alongside many other things in France. It took 250 years to finish and now it’s just gone in a matter of hours.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

To me, the comments about NFR right now aren’t appropriate. What a significant loss for France. The architecture, art, and culture that the building has is so immense. It was one of my dreams to visit it alongside many other things in France. It took 250 years to finish and now it’s just gone in a matter of hours.

i think they'll rebuild/restore whatever they can

it's a well documented building, they could rebuild it to it's former glory, im sure

negAbhB.png

i think they'll rebuild/restore whatever they can

it's a well documented building, they could rebuild it to it's former glory, im sure

Yes, of course they could. But what was so amazing about the cathedral was that the insane details carved into its stone were all done by hand over the course of 250 years. And it stood for 850 years, largely untouched. I (and many people of France) know it can be rebuilt, but it loses a lot of the greatness it had. I’ve heard some rumors of them leaving the stone structure only to preserve the original things.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

My grandma said that although spokepeople are saying accident due to work being done, it's Holy Week and France is an easy target. Idk what to think about this but I hope it's not arson at the least

ZKcaooE.png

Yes, of course they could. But what was so amazing about the cathedral was that the insane details carved into its stone were all done by hand over the course of 250 years. And it stood for 850 years, largely untouched. I (and many people of France) know it can be rebuilt, but it loses a lot of the greatness it had. I’ve heard some rumors of them leaving the stone structure only to preserve the original things.

a horrible horrible loss

who ever started it, accident or not, should be fired, and punished to the fullest extent of the French law

I live in America and this hurts my heart

negAbhB.png

This is not the time nor the place for a kii or a cackle. 859 years of history and irreplaceable art has be burnt to the ground in under an hour. How would you lot feel if your house was ablaze and some twat came along joking about it to your face?

It’s a huge loss for the people of France and a monumental loss for humanity. Hopefully the world will chip in and help rebuild it to its once beautiful splendour.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Wait, did it... did it all burn down?? D: That would be terrible, I saw videos and photos but could nothing be saved? :ohno:

From what I've heard on the news, as much artwork and relics as possible have been saved (it hasn't been said what exactly was saved or lost) but it's unknown how far damaged the building will be by the time they put the fire out. It's expected to take around 4-8 more hours. On top of fire damage, so much art has the potential to be damaged and destroyed by the pressure and moisture of the fire hoses. 

update:

one firefighter has been seriously injured

the stone structures are expected to be safe

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg