Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana Del Rey talks Fragrance, Poetry, and New Music in new article with Elle Canada (April 2019)

I'm sorry but she has put the worst taste in my mouth. Honestly like the thing is I wouldn't even be mad if she took her time to record the album if she wanted to "chill" but it's literally been done for months???? Why is she acting like it's such a huge deal for her to release an album because we and her both know that the last few album releases have been soooo half assed so nobody is expecting a huge era. All we are asking for is the music that has been done for months and has been teased endlessly. 

It just feels so fucked that she has teased so many of the songs and posted extensive snippets but then when people rightfully ask when it's coming out she's like "when I feel like it"??? Like why tease it if ur not ready to put it out it's honestly pathetic lol

FzytWEW.png

I'm sorry but she has put the worst taste in my mouth. Honestly like the thing is I wouldn't even be mad if she took her time to record the album if she wanted to "chill" but it's literally been done for months???? Why is she acting like it's such a huge deal for her to release an album because we and her both know that the last few album releases have been soooo half assed so nobody is expecting a huge era. All we are asking for is the music that has been done for months and has been teased endlessly. 

It just feels so fucked that she has teased so many of the songs and posted extensive snippets but then when people rightfully ask when it's coming out she's like "when I feel like it"??? Like why tease it if ur not ready to put it out it's honestly pathetic lol

I feel like every time fans demand the album on her social media, she gets pissed and decides to release it later and later. She's a Gemini after all. Doesn't like being told what to do or demanded on. 

It's a shame what's going on. Some Lana fans are way over the top. I never saw this kind of thing with Florence Welch's fans and she released a poetry book and album last year around the same time. 

I feel like every time fans demand the album on her social media, she gets pissed and decides to release it later and later. She's a Gemini after all. Doesn't like being told what to do or demanded on. 

It's a shame what's going on. Some Lana fans are way over the top. I never saw this kind of thing with Florence Welch's fans and she released a poetry book and album last year around the same time. 

She's a fucking music artist who has fans that follow her for the MUSIC and she has an entire album sitting finished but won't release it? Seems so ridiculously selfish to just be like "well I don't like being told what to do so you can have the album when I feel like it" as if we're not literally paying her bills

FzytWEW.png

But I'm pretty sure Florence was really clear about the release dates, iirc, and she also didn't release songs/announce an album and then say nothing about it for the next seven months and counting. She also staggered her pre-release songs quite evenly. Lana gave us two in a week and then nothing for four months.

Lana's fanbase is definitely more ... intense, but the way Lana is orchestrating this isn't helping. If it's really annoying, then she should just turn off all of her comments. I'm surprised she hasn't, actually, because there is fuck all meaningful content.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

But I'm pretty sure Florence was really clear about the release dates, iirc, and she also didn't release songs/announce an album and then say nothing about it for the next seven months and counting. She also staggered her pre-release songs quite evenly. Lana gave us two in a week and then nothing for four months.

Lana's fanbase is definitely more ... intense, but the way Lana is orchestrating this isn't helping. If it's really annoying, then she should just turn off all of her comments. I'm surprised she hasn't, actually, because there is fuck all meaningful content.

and I can see that her management team can't convince her of doing anything. She insinuated that in this new interview. She must be driving Ben crazy. I think that's why he's more into Dua Lipa's career then Lana's because Lana has put everything on pause. Ben can't just sit down and wait for Lana to sprint into action forever. He's got other clients who want to do the work and are ambitious. 

When you are there and there is a quiet moment scream at her to do this is what makes us girls or yosemite or any other song she rarely performs live like Money Power Glory, if she did something more unique at least it would give you a better experience

She won’t even sing the high notes in Blue Jeans anymore, I doubt she’ll even sing MPG. : ((((( I could scream for something but she’d just probably play Cereal Killer again. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

She won’t even sing the high notes in Blue Jeans anymore, I doubt she’ll even sing MPG. : ((((( I could scream for something but she’d just probably play Cereal Killer again. :(

Scream at her to sing unreleased shit, like those people at Buku. That video was priceless; she looked so confused lol

The look when she realises that that person is yelling, "Cinnamon" makes me LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41sX5nQIEmk

Scream at her to sing unreleased shit, like those people at Buku. That video was priceless; she looked so confused lol

Watch me scream from the top of my lungs for Yosemite, Architecture, Flipside, Queen of disaster and Hollywood. And Scarface, just for fun.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Watch me scream from the top of my lungs for Yosemite, Architecture, Flipside, Queen of disaster and Hollywood. And Scarface, just for fun.

Make us proud! Hahaha. You'll have a great time, though, no matter what she sings :)

Didn't she say in another interview that she met him at the Clive Davis party before the Grammys? That was at the end of January. 

giphy.gif

No, she did say she met Jack in December. Which makes me believe that Bartender was produced by Jack as well and my have a chance on ending up on the album. 

When she mentioned in the interview about how during the BTD era she travelled across England to different producers every day, and I think she NEEDS to do that again. Like if she did, she might put more effort into her work. Whereas now, like she said, the studio is close to her home, so she can be more lazy, basically.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

She doesn't even sound interested in her own music anymore, she literally doesn't care  :rip:

I read that a lot, but I don't think it's the case. To me, she sounds as if she is on vacation: still cares about the work, will come back to it at some point, but wants to take things slow and relax. 

When she mentioned in the interview about how during the BTD era she travelled across England to different producers every day, and I think she NEEDS to do that again. Like if she did, she might put more effort into her work. Whereas now, like she said, the studio is close to her home, so she can be more lazy, basically.

The moving from one producer to the other is what was expected of her to please the record company, that was laying out all of the possibilites in front of her. I don't think she is lazy. Her music still sounds amazing to me. it's just that now, she runs the show, for better or worse. 

and I can see that her management team can't convince her of doing anything. She insinuated that in this new interview. She must be driving Ben crazy. I think that's why he's more into Dua Lipa's career then Lana's because Lana has put everything on pause. Ben can't just sit down and wait for Lana to sprint into action forever. He's got other clients who want to do the work and are ambitious. 

I think it pleases Interscope as well, the she doesn't have a clear plan: they know she will deliver a solid album that will work well overtime on streaming platforms, plus they could lay out the best strategy for Billie (which succeeded). Is Elie with Interscope as well since she changed management? And is Taylor with Interscope also? if it's the case, they must love Lana's independance lol. 

Okay . So let's hope she started hanging out with these housewives AFTER the album was done

I don't get why everyone is blaming her "housewives" friends for the delay. 

I’ll never forgive her if she goes to all those summer festivals without new material from the album. :(

When she performs at festivals, it's pretty rare that a new song other than the singles is perfromed actually, album out or not.