Say Yes to Heaven

New single: "Doin' Time" (Sublime cover) - OUT NOW

thought I was the only one her music has lost its spark for me-I can even hear the spark in roll with me although half baked and and an obvious demo atleast it experiments.

:tsk: it's okay I guess? there's some really nice production elements going on with her background vocalisations but I hate how abruptly the song ends

my only complain is that it isnt Ska enough. just sounds like alt pop

It sounds like hold music. Or elevator music. It sounds like every other generic summer bop. While I admit the original song isn't particularly deep or poignant, I still get it. I'm still...feeling it, you know? Lana's version has no emotion, she sings these words like they have no meaning at all. It's flat, artificial and completely unnecessary. Doesn't even compare to the Sublime version. So sad, I've loved her covers so far.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

The way she says 'evil' reminds me of Earth Kitt.

As much as I obviously love that part, this part is under-discussed:

So what am I gonna be doin' for a while

Said I'm gonna play with myself

Show them how we come off the shelf

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Bop till ya drop summer anthem. I love it and I’m praying that’s it ends up on NFR

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Bop till ya drop summer anthem. I love it and I’m praying that’s it ends up on NFR

I love the song... but since it wasn’t produced by Jack, not sure it will end up on NFR. Plus the lyrics seem a bit « light » in comparison with what we heard from the album.

I love the song... but since it wasn’t produced by Jack, not sure it will end up on NFR. Plus the lyrics seem a bit « light » in comparison with what we heard from the album.

I know and yeah sadly it’ll probably will not happen. A tiny piece of me is hoping against hope that it will.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Doin' Time has obviously been on repeat all weekend, like the BOP it is.  :beyonce:

summertiiiiimeee

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Loving the song. Doin’ Time suits Lana’s vibe so well. I always find her cover songs really good matches for her. Also the song is perfect to sing to my cats (lol) and I love songs that work like that. I’m actually starting to hope she puts it on nfr in the end. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would based on the snippet.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688