Sign in to follow this  
Ultra Violet

Song history game

zero - the smashing pumpkins

this is gonna sound weird as hell but i remember going to the grocery store once late at night when i was super tired and just staring at the discount produce rack while chanting "EMPTINESS IS LONELINESS AND LONELINESS IS CLEANLINESS AND CLEANLINESS IS GODLINESS AND GOD IS EMPTY JUST LIKE ME" over and over and over again in my head. so now i associate this song with that memory lmfao

next letter: v

it's just the way i feel

Valentines Day by Linkin Park

Still one of their best and one of their most underrated. I remember listening to it on repeat when I went on a road trip with my family in 2010 so it makes me think of the Australian Outback and arid zones. The song also paints a picture of a desolate empty landscape so it kinda fit :P and the jam at the end is so fucking good ugh..

Next letter:

C

Can't Be Tamed - Miley Cyrus

I heard it in June 2010 and I always thought about James Bond. 2 months later I realized thru a magazine that she released the same with the same name on the day I discovered the song (I was a fan in 2008 already).

Next letter: D

Mfhp.gif

Dark Hearts and Heart Beats - Shirley Manson

I only discovered it a few months ago as I don't think it was ever released? I absolutely love it. I love deep dark Shirley/garbage. It makes me think of black Pegasuses flying through grey clouds, idk why

Next Letter:

R

Road Head by Japanese Breakfast. It really reminds me of last year, this exact time, when I was with my ex boyfriend. I remember discovering it on my own and just getting chills every time I heard it. I always seem to think of this one day we spent together by the beach, and it was one of the few times he visited me where I live. That asshole always made me travel 2 hours to go see him.

It reminds me more of our breakup though. Lol

Next letter:

U

helena - my chemical romance

all right, so i unabashedly unashamedly love mcr. i feel like i should consider them a guilty pleasure, but their music is legitimately so good that i feel zero guilt about it. this is the song that first got me into them, but more specifically, it was an isolated vocal version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WukqalJVFIY). for some reason this came up in my youtube sidebar and i clicked on it, and i was so addicted that i would listen to it on repeat every day for a while

next letter: b

it's just the way i feel

Oooh this is tough ... so many songs ... but I'm going to go with Better Man by Pearl Jam. ofc it'd be 90s

Random af and not very interesting but my family used to lived beside a pineapple plantation in north Queensland, it was really fucking hot and one time we had this crazy-arse storm and my mum wasn't home, so my sister and I opened up all the doors and windows and blasted Vitalogy and sat smoking, looking out at the hail and the pineapples. So we're all chill 'n' shit and there was this massive CRACK and everything went bright white then red ... and the neighbours later told us they saw lightning hit the TV aerial on our roof ... and everything electrical was fucked ... power plugs melted and shit ...  and this happened right at the end of Better Man ... so this song just always reminds me of that afternoon ...

Okay ... next letter: P

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

ohhh damn i have so many songs for this one but i'm gonna go with:

pork soda - glass animals

this is just so much fun to sing along to. it reminds me of driving around in my friend's car last summer, blasting this song at full volume and just screaming "PINEAPPLES ARE IN MY HEAD" while tearing down the highway, and chanting along to the second verse ("somebody said i'm a fucking slum/don't know where i belong/maybe you're fucking dumb/maybe i'm just a bum/maybe you're fucking scum/don't you go psycho chum" and so forth) as we got sunburnt and mosquito-bitten in the early august heat

next letter: L

it's just the way i feel

Letter to Dana - Sonata Arctica

It reminds me of some Celtic fairytale but modernised, with an ending where the man doesn't get his lady back. I love the song, all 3 versions of it :P been listening since I was 15, and it's very easy listening compared to their other songs (power metal).

Next letter:

B

Letter to Dana - Sonata Arctica

It reminds me of some Celtic fairytale but modernised, with an ending where the man doesn't get his lady back. I love the song, all 3 versions of it :P been listening since I was 15, and it's very easy listening compared to their other songs (power metal).

Next letter:

B

Bankrobber by the Clash, reminds me of an old guy who lived in my area who I seen often and spoke with a lot as they played it at his funeral.

Next letter

W

Bankrobber by the Clash, reminds me of an old guy who lived in my area who I seen often and spoke with a lot as they played it at his funeral.

Next letter

W

Waking Bliss - Flight Facilities

Just came up in my Spotify one day ... I often listen to music like this because it calms me down when I feel really anxious or stressed. The "lyrics" are a sample of Gerald Heard talking about stuff ... so it's easy to just close your eyes, listen, and get a bit lost in it all.

Next letter: O

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Waking Bliss - Flight Facilities

Just came up in my Spotify one day ... I often listen to music like this because it calms me down when I feel really anxious or stressed. The "lyrics" are a sample of Gerald Heard talking about stuff ... so it's easy to just close your eyes, listen, and get a bit lost in it all.

Next letter: O

opera singer - cake

pretty much anything by cake takes me back to when i was about 15 or so and a teacher i had who was more like a friend of mine than an authority figure...this specific song reminds me of a night when i was in the car with her on a crazy busy freeway, where for some reason everyone was driving like an absolute maniac, plus it was raining. i was trying to navigate via google maps and tell her which exits to take while she (who was normally very chill and unruffled) was yelling various profanities at the windshield as she tried to switch lanes without getting hit; all the while, this song is playing on the stereo. it was stressful at the moment but kind of hilarious looking back

next letter: t

it's just the way i feel

opera singer - cake

pretty much anything by cake takes me back to when i was about 15 or so and a teacher i had who was more like a friend of mine than an authority figure...this specific song reminds me of a night when i was in the car with her on a crazy busy freeway, where for some reason everyone was driving like an absolute maniac, plus it was raining. i was trying to navigate via google maps and tell her which exits to take while she (who was normally very chill and unruffled) was yelling various profanities at the windshield as she tried to switch lanes without getting hit; all the while, this song is playing on the stereo. it was stressful at the moment but kind of hilarious looking back

next letter: t

Taikatalvi by Nightwish

It's sung in Finnish I believe? Not entirely sure, but it's so soothing and fantastical. One of my favourite songs. Reminds me of winter, storytales and music boxes. And the way it blends into the next song Storytime is just beyond amazing.

Next letter:

K

Taikatalvi by Nightwish

It's sung in Finnish I believe? Not entirely sure, but it's so soothing and fantastical. One of my favourite songs. Reminds me of winter, storytales and music boxes. And the way it blends into the next song Storytime is just beyond amazing.

Next letter:

K

karmacoma - massive attack (not even gonna lie, k was a hard letter hahah)

i play this song on repeat in the car at night a lot, it reminds me of a specific intersection for some reason :P super addictive sonically/rhythmically 

next letter: D

it's just the way i feel

karmacoma - massive attack (not even gonna lie, k was a hard letter hahah)

i play this song on repeat in the car at night a lot, it reminds me of a specific intersection for some reason :P super addictive sonically/rhythmically 

next letter: D

Driving in Cars with Boys - LDR

Still one of my all time favourite songs, there is something about it that is so free and nostalgic :flutter:

Next letter: G

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

gaetano - calcutta

it’s an italian song that i really love and it reminds me of summertime, and also of my cousin which introduced me to this song/artist and i remember when we used to scream all the lyrics while listening to it in our car trips. iconic.

next letter: s

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Voulez-Vous by ABBA

Like... I always knew I was gay duh but then I watched Mamma Mia and saw they perform this song was like "wow I'm really REALLY gay huh"  :toofunny:

Next Letter: H

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains