Sign in to follow this  
Ultra Violet

Song history game

john i love you - sinead o'connor

this album (universal mother) was one of the cds in perpetual rotation in my mom's car when she would drive my siblings and i to school back in the day, and it still rips me apart real good if i hear it at the right time...her voice is just so fucking celestial

next letter: c

it's just the way i feel

Circumambient by Grimes

Still her best song. I listened to this constantly in 2014 and honestly was one of the songs to just get me through that year in general along with all the Ultraviolence songs. I still never skip 

Next letter: R

Yayo-Lana del Rey

At my firsten listen I imagined that I'm sitting in a bar. Outside it was raining and I sitting in a bar smoking a cigarette and drinkig a glass of Barcardi Cola

Next letter: T

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The Brightside by Lil Peep

The first song I heard from an artist other than Lana after so many years that finally connected with me to the core like her  :flutter: Profoundly influenced my musical preferences/me tbh

Next letter: W

winter - tori amos 

this is my go to song to play on the piano when i'm bored or tired or stressed, and its also just...really good. i have a lot of associations with tori amos connected to my super early childhood, so a lot of her songs take me back to that kind of innocent worldview, which fits so perfectly with the lyrical content of this song too

next letter: d

it's just the way i feel

Dead - The Birthday Massacre

It's their only garage rock/90's grunge song and I fucking love it so much. Reminds me so much of Daria, The Craft, and any 90's movie with angsty teens. 

My bf likes their music but never adds them to his playlists because they usually switch between rock and a dream-pop sound, when he only likes the rock parts. This song is the only one he constantly plays!

Next letter" Q

Quicksand - Britney Spears

Back when shitty YouTube quality songs were my source of music. I had never had a relationship, but had petty crushes on boys from school. So for some reason I always thought those songs related to my situation, but they never did.

Next letter: C

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

This is a very personal song for me. This song reminded me of my dead brother. I lost him in February 2018 and it was a very hard time and I still miss him so much. He loved this song and he had a little Band with some friends and they covered that song. Personally I like this song too but it is a very emotional for me to listen to it. I avoid to listen to this song in public bc it feels like a connection to my brother and this song leaves me in tears

Next letter: H

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Dead - The Birthday Massacre

It's their only garage rock/90's grunge song and I fucking love it so much. Reminds me so much of Daria, The Craft, and any 90's movie with angsty teens. 

My bf likes their music but never adds them to his playlists because they usually switch between rock and a dream-pop sound, when he only likes the rock parts. This song is the only one he constantly plays!

Next letter" Q

Thanks for talking about this song. I listened to it and it's really good. I love it

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

This is a very personal song for me. This song reminded me of my dead brother. I lost him in February 2018 and it was a very hard time and I still miss him so much. He loved this song and he had a little Band with some friends and they covered that song. Personally I like this song too but it is a very emotional for me to listen to it. I avoid to listen to this song in public bc it feels like a connection to my brother and this song leaves me in tears

Next letter: H

Hello by Courtney Love

It's a track off Courtney's solo album - America's Sweetheart. I know it might sound like a basic-rock-early-2000s track I think it's pretty good. This song and this record reminds me of my middle school years, where I was half happy, and half sad, haha

Next letter: A

SIRENS INTERRUPT THE SILENCE

Thanks for talking about this song. I listened to it and it's really good. I love it

Hello by Courtney Love

It's a track off Courtney's solo album - America's Sweetheart. I know it might sound like a basic-rock-early-2000s track I think it's pretty good. This song and this record reminds me of my middle school years, where I was half happy, and half sad, haha

Next letter: A

I'm glad you like it! I can tell you have great music taste  :flutter:

A:

Ambulance by Coco Morier

A pitched version was posted by someone who claimed it was a Lizzy Grant song. I loved it and believed it for like a whole year before reading the YouTube comments where people said it was by Coco Morier. It does sound much better when it's not so pitched. I don't even know how to describe the song but it's like soothing, and a bit raw like it definitely could have been a Lana demo from 2010, and tbh, fits on AKA  :toofunny:

Next letter:

P

Pity Party - Melanie Martinez

I remember it was my 16th birthday. My sleep cycle was all messed up and I had woke up when the day was already ending. I remember I cried because I had lost the whole day and I didn't even had any friends to celebrate with (except one, but she didn't even remember). I had combined of going out with my family to eat, but that was also ruined when they started fighting trying to decide what place we would go, even though I was the one deciding where we would eat. I have felt a lot of regret that day and started to think about this song.  :pft:

Next letter: N

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Pity Party - Melanie Martinez

I remember it was my 16th birthday. My sleep cycle was all messed up and I had woke up when the day was already ending. I remember I cried because I had lost the whole day and I didn't even had any friends to celebrate with (except one, but she didn't even remember). I had combined of going out with my family to eat, but that was also ruined when they started fighting trying to decide what place we would go, even though I was the one deciding where we would eat. I have felt a lot of regret that day and started to think about this song.  :pft:

Next letter: N

Pity Party is also that song I relate too too much for similar reasons  :deadbanana: on more than one of my birthdays too

Nicholas by Nostalghia

This song reminds me of Davy Jones from POTC. It's very much oceanic and deep, especially in the chorus and it sounds like it is about some ancient ocean entity or something. The ending of the song with the instrumental is so intense, it's one of my favourite endings of any song. 

China DeSade by My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult.

To me, this tune is like a commentary on Lana Del Rey's early career, exemplified by songs such as Carmen, Ride, and Gods and Monsters; which, in some ways, express a wanton, hedonistic attitude towards life -- an attitude which L.D.R. appears to be...growing out of, or evolving beyond.

Next letter: R

Runaway - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I used to listen straight when I was 14. I was struggling with depression and anxiety because I didn't want to live in the real world anymore. All I wanted to do was run to my own imagination and stay there forever, where I could control and create everything I wanted. It also served as a big inspiration for the stories I would create in my head later on.

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593