Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Ultraviolence Turns Half a Decade

once my psych meds get sorted out and i actually have the mental and physical capability to do anything productive, catch me making a whole uv piano cover album and then also honeymoon

it's just the way i feel

you know how when you smell certain smells you're immediately taken back to specific times in your life? this album is the aural version of that

Florida Kilos and West Coast really are those Scarface, young-Al-Pacino-is-your-gangsta-boyfriend MASTERPIECEs

Florida Kilos is lit. As soon as I heard that intro I KNEW that was gonna be on my faves list.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

you know how when you smell certain smells you're immediately taken back to specific times in your life? this album is the aural version of that

Ohhh yes this is definitely the album for that. But for me it's kind of nostalgic flashbacks to the worst year of my life, and that's why it stands out so much, but this album got me through it  :defeated:  

Cause this album was black & white aesthetic, it makes me think of that whole year in black and white, both visually and metaphorically

I just revisited these videos that I made in 2014, a few days after the album's release. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLd97MXmhl8 I'm especially happy with 2:40 onwards for this one (Ultraviolence)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMXSXqvb9I And this one (Old Money) from 3:30 onwards It recycles a lot of the clips used in my UV one, earlier in the video, but it was kind of done on purpose as I was still experimenting with making clips match up with the music. Some look better with UV, some better with Old Money.

I made these as a distraction from my hypomania while i was hiding away in my bedroom. These were the two songs I instantly connected with from the album so making these was really the best therapy at the time. I still can't believe it's been half a decade  :crying4: