salvatore

Norman Fucking Rockwell

but i can’t change that- and i can’t change your mood

Black Beauty teas — “You'd make it night time all today/So it'd suit the mood of your soul/Oh, what can I do?/Nothing, my sparrow blue”

The color blue, the poetry, that line — is this a song about Barrie?

o4qjp4j.png

is this not the same song as the "be stronger" or whatever you guys named it? it went like "you don't ever have to be stronger than you really are" or something like that. it sounds the exact same

giphy.gif

Black Beauty teas — “You'd make it night time all today/So it'd suit the mood of your soul/Oh, what can I do?/Nothing, my sparrow blue”

The color blue, the poetry, that line — is this a song about Barrie?

I personally don't think it's about Barrie; I think she just re-uses the same phrases to describe different people and events.

"You fucked me so good that I almost said I love you" doesn't fit with Barrie. She was with Barrie for 3 (?) years. They were engaged. She definitely loved him. Also, I don't think she'd say his poetry was bad. She has only ever made respectful comments about his work.

We only have a minute-long snippet, but this song strikes me as being about someone she was in a short-term relationship with, who thought they were the shit. Like oh, I don't know ... G-Eazy. Remember that she likely wrote most of these songs end of 2017/start of 2018.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

IMF and White Mustang’s cuter sister

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

your poetry is bad and u blame the news

Also my excuse for not finishing creative projects

I have a pretty detailed outline for a massive followup podcast and rough drafts of some portions that I've been working on more or less ever since I finished those ones over 6 years ago (holy shit), but between fatherhood and existential Trump dread I haven't found the time to finish it.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

why do these exact lyrics remind me of a dude i hooked up with and then later on he met lana who he's like in love with omfg i- that better not have happened

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I’m starting to come around to this one tbh. The first half of that snippet sounded so boring when she teased it on insta but it sounds so much better in the trailer. She doesn’t sound nearly as bored and uninterested as I thought she would. HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI teas

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

This track has this slight vibe of Fiona Apple during her Extraordinary Machine era. It's a great opener and title track.

However, I feel that it ends too soon. The second chorus should have been just the same as the first one, then some sort of bridge (even if just an instrumental one) and then the last chorus with the extended outro.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

She shared the original open lines of NFR on her live:

I heard you left town

Heard you're back around

heard you're back at the bar again

hanging out with your stupid friends

playing your guitar again

but I don't fucking care

(chorus)

There was also another part with different lyrics:

You keep changing all the time

You change your goddamn mind

You know you like to shine

But I don't have a clue

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Do we know how tall any of the men recently in her life are? Because...

do the lyrics remind anyone else of this album cover of FJM?

Father%20John%20Misty:%20God%E2%80%99s%2

The man child lyric made me think of when you're smiling and astride me.

This fits FJM to a T.

u act like a kid even tho you stand 6'2

self-loathing poet, resident Laurel Canyon kno-it-all

u talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you

Even this.

She shared the original open lines of NFR on her live:
I heard you left town
Heard you're back around
heard you're back at the bar again
hanging out with your stupid friends
playing your guitar again
but I don't fucking care
(chorus)

There was also another part with different lyrics:
You keep changing all the time
You change your goddamn mind
You know you like to shine
But I don't have a clue

These lyrics, however, suggest the song may have originally been about Barrie.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Do we know how tall any of the men recently in her life are? Because...

This fits FJM to a T.

Even this.

These lyrics, however, suggest the song may have originally been about Barrie.

On a side note it's weird how similar God's Favourite Customer cover is to my icon 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

according to a scientific study, the song is the best to fall asleep

https://www-rollingstone-de.translate.goog/das-sind-die-besten-songs-zum-einschlafen-2622727/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

In theory , Lana Del Rey 's music is the best way to fall asleep. Her album Chemtrails Over The Country Club has the best sound profile for sleeping. The best lullaby from the singer's repertoire is "Norman Fucking Rockwell" from the 2019 studio album of the same name.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:54 PM, Greenwich said:

Nevermind y'all can go suck one

:um:

On 6/17/2019 at 12:39 PM, Rorman Nockwell said:

I personally don't think it's about Barrie; I think she just re-uses the same phrases to describe different people and events.

"You fucked me so good that I almost said I love you" doesn't fit with Barrie. She was with Barrie for 3 (?) years. They were engaged. She definitely loved him. Also, I don't think she'd say his poetry was bad. She has only ever made respectful comments about his work.

We only have a minute-long snippet, but this song strikes me as being about someone she was in a short-term relationship with, who thought they were the shit. Like oh, I don't know ... G-Eazy. Remember that she likely wrote most of these songs end of 2017/start of 2018.

I agree with my 2019 self I still think it's about Gerald :agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream