Sign in to follow this  
Rorman Nockwell

Lana's Interview with Harper's Bazaar Brazil

https://harpersbazaar.uol.com.br/estilo-de-vida/nao-e-nada-facil-ser-eu-diz-lana-del-rey/

Google translated.

"It's not easy being me," says Lana Del Rey Chosen as the face of the new Gucci Guilty perfume, alongside Jared Leto, the artist speaks of aromas, childhood memories, poetry and life on the road

by bazaar writing

By Ana Ribeiro

"Are you the crazy type for shopping? What chance do you get in trouble at a Gucci store? "I ask Lana Del Rey over the phone. She is at home, surrounded by scented candles on a rainy day in California. "Usually, the chance is great," he replies, laughing. "Not anymore, I have a discount."

Lana was chosen as the face of the brand's new perfume, Gucci Guilty Pour Femme ( Jared Leto promotes the male version of the fragrance), and is finding it all very fun. "I spend most of my time in the recording studio or writing, so it's news to me to be the 'face' of something. But it's Gucci, right? If it is to do something in that style, let it be for a brand like theirs. It's been pretty funny, "he says.

And now you still have the discount. Lana is very fond of shopping, to know what is happening in the fashion world and to follow the trends. And she remembers that, surprisingly, she herself was already a trend. "In 2012, I had my big 'fashion moment'. I was releasing my video clips, I used huge hair, lots of makeup, "he says. "I started to see a lot of references that were similar to me, and many designers told me that my style was influencing them to create their collections. I never thought it would happen, I was just experimenting. "

At home, she says, she prefers to be at ease. She does not care about the mirror, but she makes sure her house is always perfumed. The relationship with aromas comes from early. Her mother's garden on Long Island, New York State, where she spent her summer vacation, lived full of flowers. "She had the favorite flowers and also planted new flowers all the time," recalls Lana, who has other affectionate memories of smells like apple-of-love and cotton candy that remind her of her childhood, the sense of freedom, of the shopping trips with the friends of the school.

"I love aromas, especially the natural ones. Flowers inspire me, just like the smell of the sea, "she says, who lives 20 minutes from the ocean and about 30 km from Venice, Los Angeles, where her office is located. There, he usually walks on the beach with his sister, Caroline.

Lana's life has just changed radically. She's going to have a busy northern hemisphere summer gig with the long-awaited new album, "Norman Fucking Rockwell," from which she's releasing new songs one by one on streaming platforms. He has already done his first shows in Dublin and Sweden.

She is in the line-up of the festival of Benicàssim, which takes place from July 18 to 21 in Spain. Last year he was away from home from January to May. "Life on the road is very different, but I like it a lot," she says. "My band is amazing, the musicians have been with me for 10 years, traveling with them has become very comfortable for me. But I struggle to find things that keep me interested. I try to know what is happening, I visit museums, I take my friends with me in some parts of the trip. I feel very grateful to have that experience, it's something I was not sure I would be able to do. "

Lana may come and play here. "I love Brazil a lot. I can not say how much I appreciate my Brazilian fans, they are perhaps the most engaged in the whole world. I'm always thinking about everyone there. "

More Brazilian fans should already be consuming Lana Del Rey in a new format. The singer has dedicated herself to writing poetry, an experience started a year ago with a "strange process" in which she had the sensation of accessing something that comes from elsewhere.

There are some previews of the Lana poet on his Instagram, @lanadelrey , with 13 million followers. "It's hard to write music, I do not always have everything settled around me to find enough mental space to channel beautiful melodies. Poetry is even harder to let come, I have to be serene, calm, with a lot of mental clarity. Writing poems is more complicated because there is no melody to follow. The poem is stuck in the paper. You have to believe that even if he does not rhyme, it will work. And it will make sense. "

The conversation ends with a tease. "Is it easy being you?" First she laughs, then gets serious. "There's nothing too easy about being me. But, definitely, it all looks a lot like what I think I should be doing. I'm lucky people choose to listen to my songs. "

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream