Sign in to follow this  
annedauphine

The Witcher

Starting this thread so I can stan alone (and maybe with @@Yennefer lol) lmao but I'm basically OBSESSED with the universe and lore of The Witcher. It all started when it was announced on Switch, I've been dying to play the third since 2015 but kept pure in terms of spoilers and then it just flooded out, bought a PS4 just to play it and THOROUGHLY enjoying it I'm like 40h in. I'm insanely in love with how Ciri is portrayed in this third game. Literal waifu not ashamed to say it. ANYWAY the trailer for the Netflix series went out yesterday and although I had incredibly mixed feelings up to this point especially re the casting, I can't help but be extremely excited for it. Please don't fuck up Yennefer I don't care about Triss but DON'T FUCK UP YENNEFER so excited that they built up a backstory to her that's what I wanna see

Coming out probably at the end of November / early December. Gives me time to continue read the books, already got The Last Wish and about to start the two after :D GOD I'm excited I heard there's rumours of a season 2 already being confirmed

ZKcaooE.png

Omg I rly thought this thread would flop lol. What bothers me the most about the casting isn't Henry Cavill although I'm not rly fond of him, he's done a pretty good job from what I've seen so far; it's Ciri, she looks so feeble and weak and... old? I don't believe in her but I would be so glad to be proven wrong. I'm literally just watching for Yen's backstory tho. Yen is bae. I will never choose to romance Triss

ZKcaooE.png

Omg I rly thought this thread would flop lol. What bothers me the most about the casting isn't Henry Cavill although I'm not rly fond of him, he's done a pretty good job from what I've seen so far; it's Ciri, she looks so feeble and weak and... old? I don't believe in her but I would be so glad to be proven wrong. I'm literally just watching for Yen's backstory tho. Yen is bae. I will never choose to romance Triss

im romacing Triss on my New Game + gameplay :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: Triss in W3 is much more likeable than in W1 and W2, she's a real sweetheart although i of course agree that Geralt and Yen are just match made in heaven, they have such chemistry through the dialogues that i could rewatch their conversations on YT forevahhh...

Also yeah, i agree on Ciri.. that actress seems just too weak, vulnerable and innocent for such role in my opinion... i haven't read the books tho and i know that we all shouldn't base our expectations on video games since they are not canon according to Sapkowski (the author) but damn........ WHERE IS HER MESSY BLACK EYE SHADOW KSKSKSKKS

im romacing Triss on my New Game + gameplay :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: Triss in W3 is much more likeable than in W1 and W2, she's a real sweetheart although i of course agree that Geralt and Yen are just match made in heaven, they have such chemistry through the dialogues that i could rewatch their conversations on YT forevahhh...

Also yeah, i agree on Ciri.. that actress seems just too weak, vulnerable and innocent for such role in my opinion... i haven't read the books tho and i know that we all shouldn't base our expectations on video games since they are not canon according to Sapkowski (the author) but damn........ WHERE IS HER MESSY BLACK EYE SHADOW KSKSKSKKS

I mean she's rly hot in a girl next door kind of way (props to the voice actress you're doing amazing sweetie) and when I first got into the lore I was all about her but damn do I fucking love Yen. I'm thankful for YT vids that show Triss's romance scenes because I'll never play them lmao. They're both messed up anyway tbh. But Triss has bigger boobs, I'll give her credit for that. I know right about Ciri???? I'm literally so scared of what they'll do with her but I know already she won't portray the badass adorable Ciri from the game and I'm so sad because she's the one I love. About the makeup I might be wrong but I thought she's supposed to be like 9 or 12 in this trailer lol. I know it's not Canon but game Ciri is one of my alllll time favourite fictional characters so of course my expectations are high

ZKcaooE.png

Thanks for tagging me queen. Also I have to summon @kitschesque, she's a big fan of The Witcher and we're fangirling together. I'm so excited and i'm really curious how they will show us everything. The world of The Witcher is incredible, i had read books and you will adore it for sure! The last chapter of The Last Wish is one of my favourite.

if u want to discuss about something, i'm here for you  :kiss:

I really appreciate the fact that Yennefer has violet eyes in TV Series and i hope that actress will fully represent her character. Teaser gives me mixed feelings, but we have to wait just a little bit more to see everything. Honestly i can't wait! 

Yen is bae. I will never choose to romance Triss

That's it. Thats the tweet.

tumblr_oh5ymxVl201rlfl6ro1_540.gif

Thanks for tagging me queen. Also I have to summon @kitschesque, she's a big fan of The Witcher and we're fangirling together. I'm so excited and i'm really curious how they will show us everything. The world of The Witcher is incredible, i had read books and you will adore it for sure! The last chapter of The Last Wish is one of my favourite.

if u want to discuss about something, i'm here for you  :kiss:

I really appreciate the fact that Yennefer has violet eyes in TV Series and i hope that actress will fully represent her character. Teaser gives me mixed feelings, but we have to wait just a little bit more to see everything. Honestly i can't wait! 

That's it. Thats the tweet.

vfreuc8bxr011.jpg

It's so funny to me bc I never realized what your username and avatar were referring to I just assumed you were called Yennefer :toofunny: But after getting into it I immediately understood the avatar and it's pure genius. I thought The Last Wish was boring at times, but the short story itself was mind blowing. Funny af, intriguing, sexy, suspenseful... Everything I like. There's a million things we could discuss, for example these Nilfgaardian armours, I'm crying of laughter. I love that fact as well but they look a biiiiiiiiit like tacky contacts to me more than actual eye colour but we'll see I'm on pins and needles.

ZKcaooE.png

Something small happened today but that really made me smile - I finished Blood Of Elves yesterday and was so eager to continue the series that I went to Fnac at 10am when it opened and bought the 4 remaining tomes. They were laying on my desk and a guy from work was like oh you read this? I've never really got into the third game but Léa is obsessed with it. We discussed the series a bit and he went away and twenty minutes after, Léa - who's responsible of me for the internship, who is a die hard GoT fan and who wears Steven Universe tshirts - BOLTS into the room literally thought she had teleported like Ciri, and asks as if the fate of the world depended on it - "ONE question - Yen or Triss?" I took 2 solid seconds for effect and answered dead in her eyes - "Yen. I will never be able to choose Triss." And she gave me the hugest smile and said "I won't have to kill you then!" and she bolted out as fast as she had came and didn't spoke a word of it afterwards. And it made me feel so warm inside.

Anyway I watched this video three times already. Sword of Destiny made me so fucking excited for the golden dragon story, I heard he was casted already!!!!!!!

ZKcaooE.png

Ugh I really want to read these books but I have 2304170 others on my list, and then I feel like if I read the books I won't be able to enjoy the show because I get annoying about stuff like that /first world problems

I'd advise you not to read then tbh, it'll spoil your enjoyment, there was something about tte writer leaving the team bc of discrepancies or smt. And they fucked up a lot of things. Book is likely gonna be better tho.

ZKcaooE.png

I love the Witcher books so much because it's all about very complex politic plots and serious magic and fate questions in a rustic and tough world and suddenly unprovoked a character is like "LET'S FUCK" and the deed is described with moult details on 16 pages 

Also all the powerful women in this universe are breathtakingly hot. Which is always nice

ZKcaooE.png

Oof. Sorry I only talk about this these days but I just finished Time of Contempt and it's BY FAR the best one. (Wondering if it's a traduction problem because the first two feature a different French translator and they seemed to be incredibly badly written to the point of being comical.) Which makes me rly excited for the series, which weirdly seems to feature a few scenes from it from the trailer? No spoilers but one of my favourite moments from the book is when Ciri ends up in a particular place and has to survive in a very tough manner, which is in the trailer, and seems incredibly difficult to turn into a film. Also the magicians scene. It's so confusing. Why is the fourth book in the first season, especially if it has already been rumoured to be renewed for a season two?...

And huge warning, do not read the end of Time of Contempt if you're particularly sensitive to sexual assault, it's not brutal but it's Stockholm Syndromy as fuck and nastily insidious, the writing is very ambiguous. I did not enjoy reading that at all, especially with how much I love the character. One thing I'm very afraid of is still the casting for Cirilla. I just can't picture the actress in her role. I'm sorry for her, she has so many chops to prove. Because it's one of the best characters I've ever encountered in books. God damn it's 3am and I have work at 10 but I don't regret a second deciding to pick up the books, didn't even played the game tonight because it's the best game ever but it's plain compared to the story in the books, hate politic in real life but tell me about Nilfgaard trying to expand and I'm getting Witcher hearing

Woof I love Ciri

ZKcaooE.png

I'd advise you not to read then tbh, it'll spoil your enjoyment, there was something about tte writer leaving the team bc of discrepancies or smt. And they fucked up a lot of things. Book is likely gonna be better tho.

OK, thanks for letting me know! Yeah the author's a bit weird I think...like I thought I remembered hearing he originally decided on a lump sum with CD Projekt Red for the games, and they were like "Don't you want royalties?" or whatever the video game version of that is, and he refused it. Then after the game blew up he tried to sue them even though they offered so many times to give him more rights and money in the first place.

i literally just loaded the old save to get back to THE decision and reject Triss on my 2nd gamethrough........................ i cant imagine breaking Yenn's heart (even tho i love them both so muchh)

Yennefer is the OG. One time I did a playthrough where I didn't romance anyone (just slept with fisstech-taking whores at the Passiflora, etc.) and NOT doing "The Last Wish" quest completely shattered me. I forgot what Yenn's comment was for not helping her but it broke my heart and I felt like the bastard I was.

There's a rumour The Witcher 4 (still for the life of me cannot believe this is real) is gonna have Ciri as playable character and if this is true I'm gonna kill ms of joy before it goes out. I lvoe this girl more than any character ever invented.

ZKcaooE.png