Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Lust for Life Turns 2!

1208927.jpg

Lana Del Rey released her fourth major-label studio album Lust for Life on July 21, 2017. It followed 2015's Honeymoon and serves as a development of its concept -- getting over the past -- and sound, a mix of classic baroque pop, modern hip hop and trap beats, slightly electronic production and ambient psychedelia.

Lust for Life was a major commercial success. It debuted at the No. 1 and inside the Top 10 in eleven and fifteen countries respectively. It was one of the best-selling and most acclaimed pop albums of that year, despite being her most divisive among fans. Del Rey promote the album with the highly successful LA to the Moon Tour, which visited the Americas, Europe and Australia.

40009674831_4f89557f0c_b-min.jpg

The album could be divided in three parts. The first ("Love," "Lust for Life" and "13 Beaches") features great hooks, trip hop beats reminiscent of her early sound. To achieve this 'soft pop' production, she's worked with Emile Haynie, Benny Blanco, The Weeknd and Max Martin. The lyrics go from positive messages to her fans to her desire to find inner peace.

Highlight: "Lust for Life", an electronic track with intense verses and oppositely care-free chorus about putting love above all during dark times, a theme that is present throughout the whole project.

The second part, from the sultry "Cherry" to the anthemic "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing", finds Del Rey at her most extrovert and modern, both lyrically -- from sexual innuendos to slightly political topics -- and musically; hard trap beats, synthesizers and up-to-date collaborators: Boy-1da, A$AP Rocky, Playboy Carti, T-Minus and Metro Boomin.

Highlight: Sister-tracks "Summer Bummer" and "Groupie Love" (both featuring A$AP Rocky), perhaps Lana Del Rey's closest interaction with trap music. The former is a rap battle between Lana and her wooer Rocky, while the latter follows the same concept in a more chilled, trippy way.

The third and last part (from the haunting, piano-driven "Beautiful People Beautiful Problems" to the inspiring "Get Free") is a collection of mellow, introspective ballads. Collaborators include Sean Onno Lennon, Stevie Nicks and Justin Parker. The digitally programmed beats are gone and there's space for piano, acoustic guitar, real bass, drums, multiple layers of vocals and reverb in iconic LDR fashion. The lyrics are some of her most personal yet, the main topic being believing in change and its effects (and also, perhaps, proving that one can change).

Highlight: "Heroin", a progressive ambient track about isolation, leaving the past behind and changing for good in order to look back retrospectively.

a008f386713714be63e5935094d5d9b0.jpg

What are your thoughts on this album?
Favorite song? Have any of the tracks grown on you?

Personally, I love this album and, despite not being my ultimate favorite, it's the one that hit me the most emotionally and experiencing live is the most beautiful memory I have. I can even say it helped me save my life.

Aww, i'm glad that it touched you so much! It hasn't had a tremendous impact on me (Honeymoon did), but I do love Lust for Life and think it will be appreciated more with time. It's not as terrible as some fans claim. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I never liked Love and LFL and was worried in the lead up to its release that it was going to be all kind of chill radio friendly songs like them but when it came out I really liked Heroin, 13 Beaches, Cherry, Change, Get Free and overall like the album only thing is im never tempted to listen to it in full since it comes across more like a compilation of different styles and types of songs compared to her other albums and it's my least favourite because of that but I still listen to songs from it.

I would say my top five two years later are Heroin, Tomorrow Never Came, Cherry, God Bless America, and Summer Bummer

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

My favorites are Change, Get Free and Lust for Life. Coachella has grown on me, while I like God Bless America a little less now.

The era was great.

Wow! Really nice post. It kinda makes me want to like LFL more lol. It was a good record definetly and it has some great musical moments throughout that I really love. After the first 2 months of listening to it out of excitement, I started to listen to the whole thing less and less and just playing my favourites, which were not that many. Most of the tracks just weren't at all my style in lyrics and production. My all time LFL favourite still remains the amazing Heroin, I still love it so much, the lyrics are amazing, it's such a moody and atmospheric track, really soft too. The other ones I still love quite a lot are Get free, WTWWAWWKD, Love and Cherry. I like the other songs as well but I don't remember the last time I've listened to them, so yeah, not a fan of them but they're cute. 

What strikes me more than the music when I think about LFL is the fucking era, it was THE BEST. I had lots and lots of fun here on LB during the era and it was so dramatic and funny. we had a tour, a Grammy nomination which was exciting, endless vague magazine interviews, hardcore speculation, meltdowns and everything lmao. Happy birthday LFL!!!

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

1. 13 Beaches

2. Get Free

3. Change

4. Heroin

5. Tomorrow Never Came

6. Cherry

7. Love

8. Groupie Love

9. When the World was at War

10. GBA

11. BPBP

12. IMF

13. LFL

14. WM

15. Coachella

16. Summer Bummer

tried to imbed one of those ranking pictures but couldn't :( 

don't @ me that's my ranking x

post-11138-0-60876300-1563734355_thumb.jpeg

What are your thoughts on this album?

- It's her weakest for me (except Paradise)
Favorite song?

- 13 Beaches

Have any of the tracks grown on you?

- Yes, TNC & BPBP grew on me the most

Mfhp.gif

This album doesn't have one BAD song. Coachella is a little cringy but thats all, this album is Lana at her most confortable and willing to have fun and I love the energy this album gives. The lyrics are amazing too, you can tell she was very inspired through the process of this work. I just love this album so damn much she really snapped with this one

tenor.gif?itemid=5666631

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

This album will always remind me of my summer in Paris

and my first festival Lolapalooza where I saw Lana live for the 1st time and where I touched her as I was in 1st/2nd row just few meters from the stage and staircase she went down to the crowd.

White mustang is and will always be my favorite on the album

(just returned from a walk and that was the last song I heard)

That song was the one that hit me during the live performance... the album was out just a day earlier and nobody knew lyrics so that was a great moment

Have to say that WM did not really hit me in the moment of performance but the day after... Just the intro of the song made me fall in love... and ever since ( that is whole 2 years) it is my fav on the album.

The last song that clicked with me was Heroin

it was last year... I had a date with a boy who told me he is HiV+

though we did not have sex ... we just kissed ... I was not really comfortable afterwards... so somehow Heroin and the moody melody got me

it was hot... and been listening whole evenings only that song

(I wanna leave...I'll probably stay another year - that was so meaningfull for me as it was my situation in Belgrade)

From last year it is probably my 2nd fav song on the album after WhiteMustang which has my favorite lyrics on the album: Summer's meant for loving and leaving

All in all I like this album

Highlights are also 13 beaches and Cherry for me

Never got into Change and Get free

Other songs are ok/good more or less

More: Love, Lust for life, Summer bummer, Groupie love, In my feelings, Tomorrow never came and Coachella

Less are all others with Beautiful boredom being my least favorite.

That is it.

Loved your post!

Wow! Really nice post. It kinda makes me want to like LFL more lol. It was a good record definetly and it has some great musical moments throughout that I really love. After the first 2 months of listening to it out of excitement, I started to listen to the whole thing less and less and just playing my favourites, which were not that many. Most of the tracks just weren't at all my style in lyrics and production. My all time LFL favourite still remains the amazing Heroin, I still love it so much, the lyrics are amazing, it's such a moody and atmospheric track, really soft too. The other ones I still love quite a lot are Get free, WTWWAWWKD, Love and Cherry. I like the other songs as well but I don't remember the last time I've listened to them, so yeah, not a fan of them but they're cute. 

What strikes me more than the music when I think about LFL is the fucking era, it was THE BEST. I had lots and lots of fun here on LB during the era and it was so dramatic and funny. we had a tour, a Grammy nomination which was exciting, endless vague magazine interviews, hardcore speculation, meltdowns and everything lmao. Happy birthday LFL!!!

yes omg

So.ђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшччччччччччччччћћћћћћћћћћћћжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжж--------------------њњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕџџџџџџџџџццццццццццццццц.

Not my favourite album (at all), but I am incredibly grateful we got 13 Beaches (!), Cherry, World At War, and Heroin, as well as the underrated classics In My Feelings, BPBP and White Mustang (fight me lol). Also, most of the visuals (album trailer, music videos, magazine shoots etc.) were amazing, NFR can't relate.

#justiceforBAR #justiceforYosemite 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif