Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Lust for Life Turns 2!

She's a cute girl. Heroin is definitely one of the best songs on her discography. It's on my Top 5 Lana songs :)

Also, here's my ranking of the whole album:

1. Cherry/Heroin

2. WTWRWRQAFHIURWQASWRT

3. BPBP

4. 13 Beaches

5. Love

6. Groupie Love

7. Get Free

8. Change

9. Summer Bummer

10. Lust For Life

11. White Mustang

12. In My Feelings

13. God Bless America

14. Tomorrow Never Came

15. Coachella

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

She's a cute girl. Heroin is definitely one of the best songs on her discography. It's on my Top 5 Lana songs :)

Also, here's my ranking of the whole album:

1. Cherry/Heroin

2. WTWRWRQAFHIURWQASWRT

3. BPBP

4. 13 Beaches

5. Love

6. Groupie Love

7. Get Free

8. Change

9. Summer Bummer

10. Lust For Life

11. White Mustang

12. In My Feelings

13. God Bless America

14. Tomorrow Never Came

15. Coachella

Definitely agree with you on the bottom three. That bunch of songs = Satan. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Oh my God, I had totally forgotten about the existence of RBFY. The fact that she teased the recording session before dropping LFL and the final version after dropping it, this bitch.

8nl2OpX.png

Change

Lust for Life

Get Free

Cherry

White Mustang

Groupie Love

13 Beaches

Summer Bummer

Heroin

World at War

Tomorrow Never Came

Coachella

Beautiful People

In My Feelings

Love

I like LfL! It is in fact a bit bloated and its flow is kind of stunted by the weird songs groupings (classic LDR, then on to the hiphop, then political songs, etc) but I think its got some killer songs that I still go back and listen to regularly. There are a few songs that get way too much hate (Summer Bummer is amazing, that haunting piano in the background gets me) and a few songs that have nice touches that make them worth listening to (Groupie Love isn't my fav BUT the second verse has her creepily whispering in the background like a deranged groupie might and that makes it one of my favorite parts of the record). Heroin, 13 Beaches and Love are probably the holy trinity of the album for me. White Mustang might actually be the song I listen to most. 

Ultimately it feels kinda like a LDR grab bag. 

rankkk:

-favs 4 sure-

1. Heroin

2. 13 Beaches

3. Love

4. Summer Bummer

5. Cherry

6. White Mustang

-mix n match, kind of doesn't matter the order I guess but this is a rough estimate-

7. GBA

8. Get Free

9. BPBP

10. Groupie

10. LfL

11. TNC

12. WTWWAW

13. In My Feelings

-ehhh... could do without-

14. Change

15. Coachella

Happy 2nd birthday Lust for Life!

It was yesterday 2 years ago that I was on a winter road trip with my dad, coming back from Melbourne. I had no reception and was so anxious that I wouldn't be able to hear the album until 2 days after it's release when we got home.

The snippets had gone around while I was in Melbourne and I remember walking to a really nice park with beautiful pine trees and rabbit burrows near my grandparents house to listen to them and I was so intrigued and excited!

Luckily, when we were driving back, the night of the 20th it was raining so we stayed at a hotel in an outback town instead of camping. Someone posted picosong links to the songs as they all leaked that night and I had enough reception to download them all. I listened to them all but I was so tired, I couldn't comprehend them but they made me happy.

The next day, early on the road, I listened to the album non stop. All the songs intrigued me as expected, made me feel relaxed and happy and excited for the future. I guess that was the goal of the whole album, being for Lana's fans, so it definitely had the right effect on me.

As time went on, I did trash the album occasionally, just because I began to see them from the perspective of 'how strong are they compared to her other songs' instead of appreciating them as they were, with the intentions she had.

I still love the album completely. Because I first heard it while on the road, it will always be a 'camping, driving, reflection while away from the world' album to me. And that's one of my favourite things in life.

I really love Lust for Life. It’s a beautiful album to experience. I love the Shangri-Las and witchy vibes and they hold the album together as one piece even when the genres fluctuate. I also really liked the mature progression in songwriting and how she branched out into more topics. I especially liked the Stevie Nicks appearance (I’m still convinced I willed that collab into existence). I originally didn’t give the first disc as much attention as the second disc, but I’ve grown to appreciate the whole album. And I remember having a really bad day the day the album came out and it was that one thing keeping me happy that day. I also remember before it came out, there was a Love Snapchat filter and I first noticed it on my birthday that year so that was fun. And man, I still can’t believe Lana and Stevie have a song together, like that’ll make me happy til the day I die. No collab will ever top that in my mind.

And here’s my song ranking:

1. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems

2. Heroin

3. Tomorrow Never Came

4. Love

5. 13 Beaches

6. Change

7. When the World Was at War We Just Kept Dancing

8. Coachella — Woodstock in My Mind

9. Lust for Life

10. Get Free

11. Cherry

12. God Bless America — And All the Beautiful Women in It

13. Groupie Love

14. White Mustang

15. In My Feelings

16. Summer Bummer

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Lust for Life has its highlights, but it’s still my least favorite album. I think if she released Summer Bummer/Groupie Love as stand-alone singles OR released them along with IMF and Coachella in a small EP (still believe Coachella is her worst single to date), and instead placed RBFY and Yosemite on the album, it would’ve been brighter and felt more cohesive. I know people love Rick’s work, I do too, but some songs desperately needed a bit m o r e in production (Love) and a change in lyrics (LFL).

hm. i really loved it when it came out but it did not age well for me, i hardly ever listen to it nowadays, and about half of the album (the middle) is a skip for me. unfortunately there were a few things that happened during the lfl era that were disappointing for me, such as her live performance (it wasn't her fault though) and that mess with the release date, plus some not so good stuff in my personal life. and the fact that she didn't put yosemite on the album... i will never ever get over it, and i still haven't given up hope that it will be included on the new album.

the era overall was amazing though, we got so many interviews and shoots and stuff, so many things happened, we were being SO well fed, looking back it's hard to believe lol. and it definitely does NOT deserve all the slander it gets on here sometimes.

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it