Beautiful Loser

BBC Live Lounge Radio 1 - September 9th, 2019

Embedded (also added to Clampi's OP) - 

Although the mixing was flubbed, these performances weren't terrible. The amazing note she hit in Doin' Time at 2:57 was beautiful! I also adore her little harmonies she'd sing in the line "summertime and the living's easy." Lana's vocals shine the most when she sings higher. I love how her Brooklyn accent peeked through when she said words like "all" at 0:52 and "off" at 1:28 and 1:47. It's actually, like, my favourite thing in the world when she does that.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

even though she did a great job the recordings suck big time and I can't enjoy it while listening bc I am too focused to hear her voice. How can these people mess this up considering they do this shit for living?!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

Why was the live band so much louder than her fucking voice???? I can’t even hear what she’s saying during Break Up whatever

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I loved the ariana cover so damn much.

And I would have liked the Doin Time performance of they let her mic be louder. I liked the extra production too, kinda even more than the original, but again, they really messed up the sound. You can see her at 1:30 just looking pissed

Finally had time to listen to these now. Kinda funny that she used her NYC accent on certain words for a Cali song like Doin' Time, haha.

First verse of Break up with your girlfriend was really hard for me to hear, and, like pretty much everyone above me have mentioned already, it was really hard to hear her voice in DT as well. Makes me wonder if the BBC staff is to blame or her own, because she's still drown out by backup vocals on her own concerts sometimes. Like, I saw her sing VB last time I saw her, and I'm certain she sang, but the backup vocals completely took over. They do in this session too.

Anyway, I don't like Ariana's girlfriend too much but Lana's was just chill so I prefer that one. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The ari cover is wonderful (bad sound levels are clear but *shrug*). I’ve watched other artists do this show and a lot of them look at lyrics. I remember Charli xcx did one of Wolf Alices Don’t Delete the Kisses if I remember correctly and she was looking at lyrics on her phone as well.

The lyrics reading is usual for a cover. After all, even tough it's been filmed, it's a radio performance.

She wouldn't do that at a concert or for a TV performance.

I love the Ariana cover. The drums sound like Amy's 'You Know I'm No Good'.

It definitely sounds like them, and the bass too. And even the rest of the production sounds a lot like a Mark Ronson production from her Back to Black days. I guess she wanted to do a Ariana x Amy kind of mashup.

It also reminds me of some of Lana's unreleased that mixed some modern lyrics with vintage production (children of the bad revolution, playing dangerous,...).

I love the extra instruments in Doin Time that gives it a more human feel. Would have perfectly fitted in NFR with the jack produced songs.

She definitely looks mad during that song performance. Probably because of the sound problems. I don't understand how they couldn't fix the volume of her mic afterwards.

She seems to have more fun during girlfriend.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:44 PM, Beautiful Loser said:

this performance isn’t talked about enough… the ariana grande cover, the cherry phone case, reading the lyrics, the backwards chair, her own little spin on the song :pray2:

a universal and cultural reset for twelve year old me and many others i’m sure…

i get my boyfriend to pick me up every friday at the dairy queen