Sign in to follow this  
urbannoize

Lana submitted music to Tarantino's Once Upon A Time In Hollywood according to his music supervisor Mary Ramos

Quentin Tarantion's longtime music supervisor Mary Ramos revealed  @@Lana Del Rey  submitted music for Once Upon A Time in Hollywood that didnt make the movie. However Ramos had this to say about Lana:

"Like Lana Del Rey is amazing and she has such a Quentin vibe to her and had a few songs she wanted to submit, but Quentin wanted to stay rooted in the period and utilize his memory of KHJ Boss Radio in Los Angeles."

WYpOiJ3.png

I wonder if any of these supposed songs L.D.R. wanted to provide for the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood motion picture will ever see the light of day for our listening ears...

IMO, Summer Wine would have been perfect and the song is actually from 1966/67 but well if he only wanted to stick to original versions, point taken. :hdu:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

Not sure if this was posted but Billie Eilish has been selected to do the theme for the next Bond film No Time to Die. Nothing against her but I'm a little disappointed.

Not sure if this was posted but Billie Eilish has been selected to do the theme for the next Bond film No Time to Die. Nothing against her but I'm a little disappointed.

No way ! I am SHOCKED !  Billie Eilish and her brother are cool musicians but she has just begun her career as a singer.

To do a James Bond theme takes a TOP musician and singer to do it properly. Billie Eilish has just begun in her singing road-career,

her voice still needs to mature more.

They should have asked Lana Del Rey to do a James Bond song. I personally think Lana has that cool retro James-Bond theme singing voice.

A sultry spy voice.

Let Lana sing in the style of Shirley Bassie !   GOLD...Fiiiiinnnn...GERR !

giphy.gif

-

Lol, I know it's unrealistic, but I imagine her sending him an old song like Scarface  :oic:

Imagine hearing “doN’t FUcK wid Me!!1!” on repeat after that last scene with the fire cannon and the pool. :legend:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Baz better get her doing a song for his Elvis movie i swear to god, who the fuck else could!?

Nah watch her just submit Elvis again

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I'm really intrigued, I feel like these songs she submitted were really cool and dark, like Burning Desire, Cherry, Stargirl. I'd love to see Lana do a song for a soundtrack like YAB, or I Can Fly, now would be a great time honestly. Kinda bummed she hasn't done a James Bond theme yet, especially since BILLIE is doing one. 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

west coast should have started playing when brad pitt punches the junkie, and then stares him deep in the eye by the time the first "i'm in love" is said, then they lip sync the rest of the song including the keyboard solo

Imagine hearing “doN’t FUcK wid Me!!1!” on repeat after that last scene with the fire cannon and the pool. :legend:

... I might have created a short video. :creep:

Warning! Contains extreme violence, don't watch if you're under 18! I tried to edit out the worser parts, and I don't know if you had to be 18 to watch the movie but a quick google search said so, so I'll go with that.

https://filebin.net/fbvw2med99bc4gd5/UOATIH_Scarface.mp4?t=9j7ogvr6

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png