venicebitch

The Next Best American Record

There are no: ''you did it all for fame'', ''I told ya'' ''Honey how's it feeling/treating you now'' lyrics, she removed them all. However, the verses and the bridge are pretty much the same, so I'm fucking glad she didn't change it all at least.

The song was better with those. I’m disappointed she changed the tone of the song a bit. It had a perfect amount of sarcasm.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

if you’re listening to this album before release, you’re truly a disgusting fan. I can’t even imagine being that disrespectful. God I hope some of you get it together. Stop spreading the fucking leak, y’all complain for months upon months about the albums release and then SPREAD THE LEAKS like wildfire. So goddamn ungrateful.

*iconiclogan angrily writing this, smashing his keyboard while Bartender loudly plays in the background

This version is superior and y'all will see  :facepalm:

I listened to the LQ leak and ... well no. I still love the song but the lrics change is terrible. The bitter vibe and the "You did it all for fame. How does that taste coming out?" lines really were something special and beautiful.

Now I get that she's at a different place in her life now and she probably has a different point of view on this relationship by now. But the new lyrics are just ... bad. They are meaningless, random and make no sense at all. If she wanted to chage the chorus, why couldn't she come up with something better than "I just wanna party with you, I'm taking of my bathing suit"? Empty phrases that don't fit the rest of the lyrics and don't even flow that well.

The production and her vocals are still on fire and not even those bad lyrics will manage to ruin the song for me, but it's a fact that the new chorus is REALLY bad songwriting which was pretty much done for the sake of it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I can actually manage to listen to the song without hating it and being disappointing. it all goes fine. Im just left wondering what happened to make her change it. Are the lyrics actually true? were THEY really so obsessed with writing the next BAR? Did it really happen? Was she also to blame in the first BAR but not telling the whole story? Or did someone new come along who was better for her but got her too involved?

Like this isn't just another Beautiful People turned kid-friendly cause there was nothing wrong or violent or particularly distasteful (subjectively cause i love the original BP tho some would say it's just another glorification of domestic abuse) in the original BAR, and it goes better with the NFR theme of a guy who thinks he's everything. And then NFR (song) wouldn't feel so 'stand-aloneish' in this album cause we'd actually have a return to that theme?

tenor.gif

Srsly I was SO hypped about BAR being on the album, it's one of my favorite tracks of all the times, it didn't deserved to be discarted etc etc and then she does this and absolutelly kills the song's vibe

I can actually manage to listen to the song without hating it and being disappointing. it all goes fine. Im just left wondering what happened to make her change it. Are the lyrics actually true? were THEY really so obsessed with writing the next BAR? Did it really happen? Was she also to blame in the first BAR but not telling the whole story? Or did someone new come along who was better for her but got her too involved?

Like this isn't just another Beautiful People turned kid-friendly cause there was nothing wrong or violent or particularly distasteful (subjectively cause i love the original BP tho some would say it's just another glorification of domestic abuse) in the original BAR, and it goes better with the NFR theme of a guy who thinks he's everything. And then NFR (song) wouldn't feel so 'stand-aloneish' in this album cause we'd actually have a return to that theme?

tenor.gif

wHY

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

Spoiler for lyrics. Idk why but I hear some totally different to what google says...

Whatever's on tonight, I just wanna party with you
Topanga's hot tonight, I'm taking off my bathing suit
You made me feel like there's something that I never knew 
I wanted

- I thought this says "you made me feel alive. There's something that I never knew.... I want this."

Maybe it's muffled but idk. Ill keep singing it.

lyrics attempted. I'm not super sure what the muffled bits are in the last choruses. thoughts?

My baby used to dance underneath my architecture

To the Houses of the Holy

Smokin' on them cigarettes

He was cool as heck

He was cool as heck

And we were so obsessed

With writing the next best American record

That we gave all we had til the time we got to bed

Cause we knew we could

We were so obsessed with writing the next best American record

Cause we were just that good

It was just that good

Whatever's on tonight

I just wanna party with you

Topanga's hot tonight

I’m taking off my bathing suit

You make me feel like there's something that I never knew

I wanted

He was 70s in spirit, 90s in his frame of mind

We lost track of space

We lost track of time

And we were so obsessed

With writing the next best American record

That we gave all we had til the time we got to bed

Cause we knew we could

We were so obsessed with writing the next best American record

Cause we were just that good

It was just that good

Whatever's on tonight

Topanga's hot tonight

I wanted

(we party)???

The eagles down in Malibu

And I want it

It's you, all the roads lead to you

Everything I want and do‚ all the things that I say

It's true‚ all the roads lead to you

Like the 405 I drive through

Every night and every day

I see you for who you really are

Why the thousands of girls love

The way Bill plays guitar

Whatever's on tonight

Topanga's hot tonight

I wanted

(we party)???

The eagles down in Malibu

And I want it

There’s something that I never knew

I want it

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Uglee

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif