Sign in to follow this  
EnigmaTico

American Artificiality: The Videography of Lana Del Rey

Hey guys, so a couple years back I remember watching this brilliant short form documentary/video essay directed by Douglas Reese that was posted on Vimeo. I even had it downloaded on my laptop back in 2016 because it was so good but coincidentally, that laptop crashed and I had to get it replaced. Turns out, the Vimeo link is broken and I reached out to the director to see if he had another link elsewhere but haven't gotten a response. per chance, does anyone happen to have a copy they could upload or a torrent somewhere else? I can't rest until I find it. When I say it was ingenuous, that is such an understatement. A+

He's on here and has def posted it already! I'm sorry I don't remember where though, you could try message him :)

I have messaged him but I haven't gotten a response. On another forum I had read that he lost his copy on his hard drive too which begs the question of why the link on Vimeo was deleted to begin with, so I figured I'd reach out to you guys to see if anyone else had a working link. (Like I said, I had one but it's lost as well.)

I have messaged him but I haven't gotten a response. On another forum I had read that he lost his copy on his hard drive too which begs the question of why the link on Vimeo was deleted to begin with, so I figured I'd reach out to you guys to see if anyone else had a working link. (Like I said, I had one but it's lost as well.)

HOLY, MOTHER, OF SHIT, I just checked my hard drive and I HAVE IT

ZKcaooE.png

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! IF I COULD KISS YOU RN I WOULD.

Can you re-upload to Vimeo please? I really think every Lana fan needs to see it in order to better understand/appreciate her work.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! IF I COULD KISS YOU RN I WOULD.

Can you re-upload to Vimeo please? I really think every Lana fan needs to see it in order to better understand/appreciate her work.

I have a feeling (that may be wrong) that he may have deleted it himself so I won't upload to Vimeo myself, feel free to do it if you want though. But here's a download link. It will be available for 14 days only. I'm very happy to have made you happy haha

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fd65rt014ytirjd/American_Artificiality.mp4/file

ZKcaooE.png

I have a feeling (that may be wrong) that he may have deleted it himself so I won't upload to Vimeo myself, feel free to do it if you want though. But here's a download link. It will be available for 14 days only. I'm very happy to have made you happy haha

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fd65rt014ytirjd/American_Artificiality.mp4/file

Not a problem! I commend you for respecting the artist's choice(s) and having integrity. God Bless your heart for the link. Downloading ASAP. Day made!!! (And Douglas, if you're reading this, you did a phenomenal job. I'm so proud of you.)

anne, dearie. You never seize to amaze me. You saved a piece of filmography from extinction, and I can now share it with everybody during the NFR period where it's most applicable! Seriously, thank you, sweetheart. And they say downloading others' art is a bad thing.  :eyeroll2:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  :party:

And to the OP and all others who have asked, I've had so many requests for the video that the messages, emails, and shoutouts were starting to bleed together and I couldn't keep track. I've now got it back on YouTube for everybody to see!

anne, dearie. You never seize to amaze me. You saved a piece of filmography from extinction, and I can now share it with everybody during the NFR period where it's most applicable! Seriously, thank you, sweetheart. And they say downloading others' art is a bad thing.  :eyeroll2:

And to the OP and all others who have asked, I've had so many requests for the video that the messages, emails, and shoutouts were starting to bleed together and I couldn't keep track. I've now got it back on YouTube for everybody to see!

are you the creator of this video?

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

:wave:

you did such an amazing job!!!! I've been talking about this video with a teacher of mine for the last several days and have been really excited to show her and I sent the yt link this morning. I'll tell you what she says, if you'd like. I appreciate this work of art so much <3

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

you did such an amazing job!!!! I've been talking about this video with a teacher of mine for the last several days and have been really excited to show her and I sent the yt link this morning. I'll tell you what she says, if you'd like. I appreciate this work of art so much <3

Ah, that means the world. I hope your teacher can take something from it! I would def love to hear her thoughts, even if briefly. <3 

I actually have to apologize for downloading it without your permission :toofunny: But I loved it so much, I couldn't help saving it so I could look back to it in further eras, like now. I'm very happy that you're glad I saved it! You really did a fantastic job.

ZKcaooE.png