Say Yes to Heaven

Looking For America

Looking for America is absolute beautiful and chilling. It reminds me a lot of Peter, Paul and Mary (at least emotionally?), especially its verses. I really appreciate the folk elements. The song is just so touching and heartfelt, I love it so much. She NEEDS to release this PLEASE

sgopYhV.gif

tumblr_pgm63z62uw1su16ir_1280.jpg

Fr tho I almost cried @ this. This is beautiful

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Lol she could’ve called it Looking For America - Just A Dream I Had In Mind

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The line which tightens my heartstrings a bit more than the others is "it's just a dream I had in mind", like... It sounds so hopeless, a lot of people want a change to make it harder to get access to a gun and it's a discussion which has been going on for years and years, decades, and nothing is happening. And perhaps not in the near future either. So this is something she can only dream about and perhaps not even dare to imagine ever happening. :( Like "It's just a dream I had in mind, don't mind me... I know it's silly." :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The Coachella we deserved :defeated:

It's so beautiful 

So much better than the political songs on LFL oops

There are some great moments musically in CWIMM, but "Looking for America" succeeds lyrically and in sentiment where "Coachella" fails. Sure, there's still a degree of shallowness or superficiality here, but she comes closer to fulfilling her potential to employ her Americana schtick in an effective way to make a political statement that I hoped for in the run-up to LFL, but didn't quite get:

Lana talked about this album being "political". But from this album trailer and the lyrics to "Love", I get that sense that while she might employ some political imagery (like Mt. Rushmore crumbling, Lady Liberty's flame snuffed out) in her videos, aside from a few vague platitudes (like "signals crossing can get confusing", "it's enough just to make you go crazy", "seen so much you could get the blues") her lyrics will be fundamentally escapist.

I sincerely hope not. When she manages to avoid cliche, like on QOTGS for instance, she can depict broken-down America very evocatively. She needn't pen an anthem like "For You" (her most political song), but I would love to see her get very political on this album, but through story-telling, painting a picture.

This is basically her "Imagine".

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.