TheBoss

Fuck It, I Love You

I've heard these lyrics insanely wrong...

First line: "I like to see everything in the ****??" - didn't know what the word was but it sounded like "yard" or something.

Pre-chorus: "dream a little dream of me. Meet me in a summer sweet"

And yeah I also heard "shoot up my veins in the arm"

But I believe both that one and the opening line are "neon"

Interesting tidbit of information revealed about the song in her NME interview:

One song on ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell!’ might make you think west coast life isn’t the cure-all people make it out to be though. On ‘Fuck It, I Love You’, she sighs, “I moved to California but it’s just a state of mind/Turns out everywhere you go, you take yourself/That’s not a lie,” as if expectations of a mental glow-up post-relocation were not met. Instead, she describes it as her “most dishonest song”, sung as if it’s about herself when it’s actually about a friend.
“If I’d been super honest in that song, I would have just been like, ‘California is more than just a state of mind. It’s all fucking amazing,’” she says, although she does concede it took some work to feel that way. “If you’re moving to a major city, it’s going to take a few years. Double down on your efforts to make friends because they ain’t coming to you. You’ve got to sniff them out like a little bloodhound. It’s tough, but I do actually love it here.”

On my copy of the album (I pre-ordered it on the official website), the drum programing on Fuck It I love You is different (it's way softer) than the single version, whereas the version on the streaming album is the same as the single version.

Is it the same for everybody ? 

Sorry, I didn't bother reading the whole topic to see if it's already been discussed.

On my copy of the album (I pre-ordered it on the official website), the drum programing on Fuck It I love You is different (it's way softer) than the single version, whereas the version on the streaming album is the same as the single version.

Is it the same for everybody ? 

Sorry, I didn't bother reading the whole topic to see if it's already been discussed.

Yeah FIILY is different on physical copies. She mentioned how the album had to be done 90 days before the release and that she can't change anything after that cause of physical copies. FIILY's the last song she did for this album, they probs changed the beats after the album was already "done".

qfrWuBl.png

Yeah FIILY is different on physical copies. She mentioned how the album had to be done 90 days before the release and that she can't change anything after that cause of physical copies. FIILY's the last song she did for this album, they probs changed the beats after the album was already "done".

I see. Too bad they didn't ad Looking for America last minute as well for online edition and future physical copies.

Did you guys notice any differences on other songs ?

Ok, I was just singing this song, and I find this forum ...

It was ... well, I think,

in Hope Is A Dangerous Thing You can hear some words of jack at the end, that's all, it's not important, but I guess they want to know ...

giphy.gif

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

idk if this has been discussed in this thread or otherwise but i think she’s imitating ariana in the chorus. not in like a copycat plagiarism kinda way but like especially with the turn the radio on dancing to a pop song line coming right before it she’s imitating ariana as if she’s singing along to one of her songs or kinda like ... pretending to be her?? idk if that makes sense lmao. but i mean in like trying to convey something that ariana conveys well, not just like “trying to be her” bc she sees it as profitable or smth. ariana’s music does have a “fuck it, i love you” kinda vibe to it sometimes so idk... just my thots

also the dream a little dream of me, make me into/turn me into something sweet and if i wasn’t so fucked up i think i’d fuck you all the time scream ariana to me. i think she was just having fun trying something new and pretending she was someone else for a change

UbsOye5.png

idk if this has been discussed in this thread or otherwise but i think she’s imitating ariana in the chorus. not in like a copycat plagiarism kinda way but like especially with the turn the radio on dancing to a pop song line coming right before it she’s imitating ariana as if she’s singing along to one of her songs or kinda like ... pretending to be her?? idk if that makes sense lmao. but i mean in like trying to convey something that ariana conveys well, not just like “trying to be her” bc she sees it as profitable or smth. ariana’s music does have a “fuck it, i love you” kinda vibe to it sometimes so idk... just my thots

also the dream a little dream of me, make me into/turn me into something sweet and if i wasn’t so fucked up i think i’d fuck you all the time scream ariana to me. i think she was just having fun trying something new and pretending she was someone else for a change

Well she does write in a character of LDR. “Make up stories about my life and my very cherry bomb” proves this here. She might write a lot about what might be close to her reality but she also makes things up too. She’s a storyteller. And the line “Fuck it I love you” ties back to the line “You fucked me so good that I almost said I love you” from the title track. Everything in the album ties back to other songs in the album, it’s probably her most lyrically cohesive record

I don’t think it relates to Ariana at all, the line “turn the radio on, dancing to a pop song” is a line referring to an older track Put The Radio On.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i don't think she's necessarily intentionally imitating as you're describing, but i do think ariana is behind the weird lack of annunciation in the chorus lmao - makes me think of when lana posted that clip of her singing along to ariana's song 'pete davidson' where she's like "uhmma be appy appy uhmma be appy appy" lmao she prolly thought it sounded cool, that lazy style of singing. personally i don't like it for lana but doesn't make me like the song any less  :D

anyways what i actually came to this thread for was: how come some people find this song to be sad? i find it quite sweet and happy

Wq9zHLl.jpg

i don't think she's necessarily intentionally imitating as you're describing, but i do think ariana is behind the weird lack of annunciation in the chorus lmao - makes me think of when lana posted that clip of her singing along to ariana's song 'pete davidson' where she's like "uhmma be appy appy uhmma be appy appy" lmao she prolly thought it sounded cool, that lazy style of singing. personally i don't like it for lana but doesn't make me like the song any less  :D

anyways what i actually came to this thread for was: how come some people find this song to be sad? i find it quite sweet and happy

it's kind of a desperate declaration to be making, which is why i find it sad. It's like this love that she has to offer / needs to receive is her last hope at finding purpose in her life.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

it's kind of a desperate declaration to be making, which is why i find it sad. It's like this love that she has to offer / needs to receive is her last hope at finding purpose in her life.

interesting! i never really saw it as that but i like that. i think the romantic aspect of this song is actually what confuses me the most about it. all the stuff about drug abuse, moving away to escape ur demons, etc etc all adds up for me but the romantic elements i've really struggled to interpret. i think you're right though, and i think the idea is that the love is the simple part - all that other stuff, the struggle, the depression, the drugs... that's the hard bit. still, she makes it seem like she's struggling to both give and receive this love. thanks for sharing  :heart:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

it’s so good though, i love the mumbling! a lot of the above hate it but it does seems drunk/drugged almost, hazy.

it's my favorite song off NFR! and i like the desperation in her voice and the way that it sounds kinda mumbled

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I see. Too bad they didn't ad Looking for America last minute as well for online edition and future physical copies.

Did you guys notice any differences on other songs ?

i think the only other difference is the end of hope is a dangerous thing having an epilogue of someone talking on the vinyl edition

Guys this is unrelated but it’s been ages since I’ve tried to work this out and to this day I haven’t got a clue.

Towards the end of FIILY - Lana sings “california dreaming got my money on my mind etc” and the backtrack goes “fuck it I love you” over and over. BUT the last one I am 100% sure she does not say fuck, she says a name or something and I can’t quite catch what it is that she says. I think it’s Robbie or Ronnie but who the hell are they?