bdelrey

Lana and Shiny Toy Guns

Lana just mention shiny toy guns before singing yayo say she wrote it while she was living in jersey. She wrote it for mikey Martin

She actually wrote it for Mikey's best friend Rob who's passed.

this is martin right...?

mQs3D.jpg

Looks like it!

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

wait a goddamn minute.

04b68dd35870a779a2da09f09ef58459.png

ac29ed227ee4e044d3c038abd979b1bc.png

wendy19.png

Before I start this, I wish my condolences to Rob and his family and friends and mean no disrespect.

So when I started looking last night, I assumed he passed away around 2007-2009,

but Lana tweeted this on January 1, 2012

lSvsQ6j.png

His Facebook profile is still up and active, (not going to link, as it's pretty easy to find) no connections between him and Lana/Lizzy on there.

Plenty of Mikey Martin on his profile though.

I could not find his former myspace profile, if he had one.

From there it was pretty easy to find a past connection between Rob and Mikey,

posted on December 11, 2006 on RecoveryRoad.org, recovered using wayback. 

spwt2TJ.png

Rob was a New York native, battled with drug addiction for a long time, became friends with Mikey at Road Recovery and joined his band as a production manager.

Quoted from the site in 2007 "ROAD RECOVERY is comprised of entertainment industry professionals whose lives have been touched by addiction and other adversities and now wish to make a positive impact on the lives of others."

I heavily believe Lizzy was involved in this organization, although I found nothing online as evidence.

But per her interview for Electronic Beats in 2013

Let’s go back to what you said about doing community work. Social work involves working with people that society has forgotten or left behind, or who simply can’t function in normal society. It usually involves reintegration . . .

I’m not a trained social worker. I’ve been sober for ten years, so it was drug and alcohol rehabilitation. It was more traditional twelve-step call stuff. Just people who can’t get it together, me and groups of other people who have been based in New York for a long time working with people who need help and reached out. It was about building communities around sobriety and staying clean and stuff like that. That was my focus since I moved to the Bronx when I was eighteen. I liked music, but I considered it to be a luxury. It wasn’t my primary focus: the other stuff was really my life. But no one ever . . . it’s not interesting.

and interview with Vogue in 2012 

An album was released, then shelved, and the momentum faded away. Lana "shifted focus on other things" -primarily working in community service. "Homeless outreach, drug

and alcohol rehabilitation - that's been my life for the past five years."

Recovery Road is probably how she met Mikey and Rob.

In another interview, she reveals 

“It’s not my fault that love went bad. I met this person I was going to spend the rest of my life with. We were both clean and sober. We lived together and then he started getting into trouble, and he had to leave. There’s a lot of facets to my life, they don’t all seem like they would come together. It’s been a strange ride.”

I think Rob is the person she's talking about here. Looking at his FB profile, it seemed he was still struggling with his addiction and re-entered rehab 2011. This leads me to believe Rob is subject to a lot of her songs, I think Dark Paradise and Heroin are 100% about him, as he is now the only confirmed friend/boyfriend she knew who died of drug overdose. It could also explain her somewhat strange behavior during the 2011-2012 era, she had just lost a friend, maybe an ex-boyfriend and was also gaining popularity and criticism.

Obviously all speculation, I'm wary to say she dated Rob as she called him a friend, but we are pretty sure she dated Mikey.

Sorry this was kind of all over the place, but what does everybody think?

In the title song of your second album “Ultraviolence” you sing “I love you forever”. Is this a Barrie (Lana’s boyfriend) song?

No, “Ultraviolence” looks back on my time in New York. I was, for a while, part of a sloping underground scene, which was dominated by a guru. He believed in the concept of destroying his followers first and then rebuilding them. I fell for him because at that time, I longed for security.

I wonder if this underground scene she refers to is in fact Road Recovery, which was at the time headed up by Gene Bowen (not sure if it still is), the organization's founder. (I wouldn't read too much into this though. Pure speculation.)

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

Before I start this, I wish my condolences to Rob and his family and friends and mean no disrespect.

So when I started looking last night, I assumed he passed away around 2007-2009,

but Lana tweeted this on January 1, 2012

lSvsQ6j.png

Just by looking at obituaries it appears he died on December 30, 2011 so Lana's tweet then makes sense. So Yayo was written for him while he was still alive. Therefore, any songs about death on Born to Die (Dark Paradise, for example) or songs prior to 2012 couldn't have been about him.

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just by looking at obituaries it appears he died on December 30, 2011 so Lana's tweet then makes sense. So Yayo was written for him while he was still alive. Therefore, any songs about death on Born to Die (Dark Paradise, for example) or songs prior to 2012 couldn't have been about him.

Ahh I know I realized Dark Paradise couldn’t have..thought for a sec it was on Paradise.

Maybe Heroin though?

It's weird to bring Lana songs into reality. Her music is an escape for me, so thinking about Yayo being about Rob is weird. Also, I'd imagine the man in Yayo is quite older than her because of the "daddy" part. But then again, her dad's name is also Rob  :judgingu3:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Holy shit. This is a big deal for Lanalysis. @SitarHero

It also really ties together a bunch of stuff including something I stumbled on recently which I'll hopefully have more to say about soon.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Ahh I know I realized Dark Paradise couldn’t have..thought for a sec it was on Paradise.

Maybe Heroin though?

You could be right. Poked around a bit, and it appears heroin is the drug that killed him.

More interesting notes, I found references to Mountain Dew and the movie "Drugstore Cowboy" on his page.

He was also bouncing around a bit between Santa Monica & New York... "back to Santa Monica, New York to LA"

You could be right. Poked around a bit, and it appears heroin is the drug that killed him.

More interesting notes, I found references to Mountain Dew and the movie "Drugstore Cowboy" on his page.

He was also bouncing around a bit between Santa Monica & New York... "back to Santa Monica, New York to LA"

omg didn't think about that lyric!

Afraid was most likely about MM before right? She could just be referencing two relationships in one song as she quite often seems to do