HoneymoonSwan

Red Velvet

RED VELVET

c55czTc.jpg

Red Velvet is a South Korean girl group formed by SM Entertainment. The group debuted back in August, 2014 with four members (Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, and Joy) on their debut single "Happiness" but later introduced their fifth member, Yeri, when they released their first mini-album "Ice Cream Cake" in March 2015.

Red Velvet is known for their 'dual concept' know as their "Red" and "Velvet" sides. The "Red" side of their music produces fast-paced, energetic pop songs and shows off their youthful nature. The "Velvet" side of their music is known for its mature sound/concepts, and the tracks are produced in the R&B style. Their dual-concept has earned them international praise for their versatility and diverse music.

Red Velvet is regarded to as one of the MOST popular K-Pop Groups worldwide by Time and Billboard and have received MULTIPLE awards for music, choreography, and popularity, including the "Golden Disc" New Artist Award in 2015 and the Mnet Asain Music Award for Best Female Group in 2017.

RED VELVET CONSISTS OF FIVE MEMBERS:

Irene (아이린)

Nc4C16v.jpg

POSITION: Leader, Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Visual, Center

-

Seulgi (슬기)

OL8jUu8.jpg

POSITION: Lead Vocalist, Main Dancer

-

Wendy (웬디)

Ka5ZGN2.jpg

POSITION: Main Vocalist

-

Joy (조이)

nWPrJeZ.jpg

POSITION: Lead Rapper, Vocalist

-

Yeri (예리)

Cyk2aS3.jpg

POSITION: Vocalist, Rapper, Maknae

DISCOGRAPHY:

"Happiness" - Single (2014)

1. Happiness

"Be Natural (feat. TAEYONG) - Single (Single)

1. Be Natural (feat. TAEYONG)

The 1st Mini Album 'Ice Cream Cake' - EP (2015)

1. Ice Cream Cake

2. Automatic

3. Something Kinda Crazy

4. Stupid Crazy

5. Take It Slow

6. Candy

The Red - The 1st Album (2015)

1. Dumb Dumb

2. Huff N Puff

3. Campfire

4. Red Dress

5. Oh Boy

Lady's Room

7. Time Slip

8. Don't U Wait No More

9. Day 1

10. Cool World

The Velvet - The 2nd Mini Album (2016)

1. One of These Nights

2. Cool Hot Sweet Love

3. Light Me Up

4. First Time

5. Rose Scent Breeze

Russian Roulette - The 3rd Mini Album (2016)

1. Russian Roulette

2. Lucky Girl

3. Bad Dracula

4. Sunny Afternoon

5. Fool

6. Some Love

7. My Dear

Rookie - The 4th Mini Album - EP (2017)

1. Rookie

2. Little Little

3. Happily Ever After

4. Talk To Me

5. Body Talk

6. Last Love

The Red Summer -Summer Mini Album - EP (2017)

1. Red Flavor

2. You Better Know

3. Zoo

4. Mojito

5. Hear the Sea

Perfect Velvet - The 2nd Album (2017)

1. Peek-A-Boo

2. Look

3. I Just

4. Kingdom Come

5. My Second Date

6. Attaboy

7. Perfect 10

8. About Love

9. Moonlight Melody

The Perfect Red Velvet - The 2nd Album Repackage - EP (2018)

1. Bad Boy

2. All Right

3. Time To Love

4. Bad Boy (Instrumental)

5. Peek-A-Boo (Instrumental)

#Cookie Jar - 1st Japanese EP (2018)

1. #Cookie Jar

2. Aitai-tai

3. 'Cause it's you

4. Dumb Dumb (Japanese Version)

5. Russian Roulette (Japanese Version)

6. Red Flavor (Japanese Version)

Summer Magic - Summer Mini Album (2018)

1. Power Up

2. With You

3. Mr. E

4. Mosquito

5. Hit That Drum

6. Blue Lemonade

7. Bad Boy (English Version) [bonus Track]

RBB (Really Bad Boy) - The 5th Mini Album- EP (2018)

1. RBB (Really Bad Boy)

2. Butterflies

3. So Good

4. Sassy Me

5. Taste

6. RBB (Reallt Bad Boy) [English Version]

SAPPY - 2nd Japanese EP (2019)

1. SAPPY

2. Swimming Pool

3. Sayonara

4. Peek-A-Boo (Japanese Version)

5. Rookie (Japanese Version)

6. Power Up (Japanese Version)

'The ReVe Festival' Day 1 - EP (2019)

1. Zimzalabim

2. Sunny Side Up!

3. Milkshake

4. Bing Bing

5. Parade

6. LP

'The ReVe Festival' Day 2 - EP (2019) *UPCOMING AUGUST 20, 2019*

'The ReVe Festival' Finale - EP (2019) *UPCOMING/UNKNOWN DATE*

Red Velvet has MANY hit songs such as:

-

the group has also sparked so much popularity in America that they've released TWO english versions of their songs

Bad Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy1xWmqqpKA

and the sequel song RBB (Really Bad Boy)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjqFa7dpSqY

they've also collabed with popular english artist Ellie Goulding & Diplo on a remix of their song "Close To Me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv9Pka9NR-E

-

Are you guys Reveluv's? if so, what is your favorite song/album and who is your bias?

6b137d6ebd50c4f843f0ee82c523608418b939c4

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

also, Red Velvet has just announced their anticipated comeback 'The Reve Festival' Day 2 - EP that will be released August 20th, 2019 with the title track "Umpah Umpah"! not even a month between their latest comeback 'The ReVe Festival' Day 1 - EP! queens of never sleeping! :toofunny:

check out the album covers:

1565638003-dzes4y7.jpg

1565638177-dmwp6tp.jpg

and the album's teaser trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLYkoBOLmck

Red Velvet is legendary. Seulgi is my bias and Irene is my wrecker

LEGENDS!!!!!! my bias is seulgi... UGH QUEEN

i'm so curious at how "umpah umpah" sounds  

SM said in a press release that is a mix between disco house and dance

i'm really excited because i think it will be their title track more likeable since Bad Boy (i love Really Bad Boy and Zimzalabim but it kinda sucked how everyone hated them)

LEGENDS!!!!!! my bias is seulgi... UGH QUEEN

i'm so curious at how "umpah umpah" sounds  

Red Velvet is legendary. Seulgi is my bias and Irene is my wrecker

SM said in a press release that is a mix between disco house and dance

i'm really excited because i think it will be their title track more likeable since Bad Boy (i love Really Bad Boy and Zimzalabim but it kinda sucked how everyone hated them)

well, apparently SM said it will also sound similar to Power Up & Red Flavor since it will be considered 2019's "Summer Mini Album" which has became their theme for the past three years. i expect it to be a hit since both Power Up & Red Flavor were hits worldwide. 

i can't believe we let Really Bad Boy and Zimzalabim. i guess only the girlies with exquisite taste can handle such amazing songs! :toofunny:

i'm just ready for 'The ReVe Festival: Finale' because it's going to be the Velvet EP of the festival trilogy, and i'm more fond of their Velvet side!

well, apparently SM said it will also sound similar to Power Up & Red Flavor since it will be considered 2019's "Summer Mini Album" which has became their theme for the past three years. i expect it to be a hit since both Power Up & Red Flavor were hits worldwide. 

i can't believe we let Really Bad Boy and Zimzalabim. i guess only the girlies with exquisite taste can handle such amazing songs! :toofunny:

i'm just ready for 'The ReVe Festival: Finale' because it's going to be the Velvet EP of the festival trilogy, and i'm more fond of their Velvet side!

the thing with Red Velvet is that the group ended up being more recognized with songs like Peek a Boo, Red Flavor and Bad Boy. theses girls are great but they're not on the experimental side like Rookie, Dumb Dumb and other stuff that they usually do

i can see why some people dislike Really Bad Boy and Zimzalabim, but damn, they are incredible (and both of their mini albums too)

and i am more of a fan of their Red side, but Velvet concept never made a mistake since Perfect Velvet so i'm hyped for the final chapter too

the thing with Red Velvet is that the group ended up being more recognized with songs like Peek a Boo, Red Flavor and Bad Boy. theses girls are great but they're not on the experimental side like Rookie, Dumb Dumb and other stuff that they usually do

i can see why some people dislike Really Bad Boy and Zimzalabim, but damn, they are incredible (and both of their mini albums too)

and i am more of a fan of their Red side, but Velvet concept never made a mistake since Perfect Velvet so i'm hyped for the final chapter too

I think Really Bad Boy was their most cohesive piece of work and everything was perfect on that mini album. there wasn't a song i disliked!!! with Zimzalabim, i only really liked Zimzalabim, Sunny Side Up!, and LP. i thought it was so cool how they sampled the Wii Shop music for LP! Perfect Velvet is soooo awesome. it's literally my favorite album of theirs BY FAR! the concept, the visuals, the stage performances, and all of the songs were sooooo good. especially with the repackage.

I LOVE Red Velvet. Perfect Velvet is one of my favourite albums of all time. Wendy is my bias and Yeri is my bias wrecker.

yessssss, Perfect Velvet stans unite! Kingdom Come, Perfect 10, I Just, and Attaboy are my FAVORITE songs. Joy is my bias, but here recently Yeri has been wrecking me. every time i buy one of their albums, i have a "Yeri curse" and literally pull her photocards all the time. :defeated:

http://instagram.com/p/B1I3rKdl6z6/

i'm getting HELLA Rookie vibes from this!!! omgggg 

i'm already in love with this EP

THE NEW TEASER PHOTOS OF YERI ARE SOOO BEAUTIFUL, WE HAVE TO STAN!!!

0815-10.jpg0815-11.jpg0815-12.jpg0815-07.jpg0815-08.jpg

0815-09.jpg

Was just talking about Irene last night. she is sooo beautiful. One of the top most beautiful active kpop idols atm. I love that she has a "cold" air to her but is warm and silly with her friends in private. also all the rumors of her hating men just make me love her more  :diva:  though I worry if it comes from having creepy men of power try to get at her all the time lol

Was just talking about Irene last night. she is sooo beautiful. One of the top most beautiful active kpop idols atm. I love that she has a "cold" air to her but is warm and silly with her friends in private. also all the rumors of her hating men just make me love her more  :diva:  though I worry if it comes from having creepy men of power try to get at her all the time lol

Irene is sooooo beautiful. she almost became my bias at one point! she has bad bitch wrote all over her face and i just know she is laughing on her way to the bank to cash her million dollar paychecks. 

also, we've been knew that Red Velvet is a bunch of lesbians since the Bad Boy music video! 

original.gif

the reason why she has my favorite personality on the group

btw, SM dropped the MV for this cute bop and i'm addicted to it. her voice suits EDM so well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIONbXLkA1g

I think Really Bad Boy was their most cohesive piece of work and everything was perfect on that mini album. there wasn't a song i disliked!!! with Zimzalabim, i only really liked Zimzalabim, Sunny Side Up!, and LP. i thought it was so cool how they sampled the Wii Shop music for LP! Perfect Velvet is soooo awesome. it's literally my favorite album of theirs BY FAR! the concept, the visuals, the stage performances, and all of the songs were sooooo good. especially with the repackage.

yessssss, Perfect Velvet stans unite! Kingdom Come, Perfect 10, I Just, and Attaboy are my FAVORITE songs. Joy is my bias, but here recently Yeri has been wrecking me. every time i buy one of their albums, i have a "Yeri curse" and literally pull her photocards all the time. :defeated:

http://instagram.com/p/B1I3rKdl6z6/

i'm getting HELLA Rookie vibes from this!!! omgggg 

i'm already in love with this EP

THE NEW TEASER PHOTOS OF YERI ARE SOOO BEAUTIFUL, WE HAVE TO STAN!!!

you should take a second chance on ReVe Day 1, like, for real. i only liked Zimzalabim, SSU and Parade on the first listenings, but now i'm addicted to all tracks. LP is cute, Milkshake is the kinda nasty bop that kpop always bring to me and Bing Bing is a funny mess. is a perfect Summer Mini Album

PS: Yeri is an angel, don't deserve the hate she gets. she deserves more love and lines

you should take a second chance on ReVe Day 1, like, for real. i only liked Zimzalabim, SSU and Parade on the first listenings, but now i'm addicted to all tracks. LP is cute, Milkshake is the kinda nasty bop that kpop always bring to me and Bing Bing is a funny mess. is a perfect Summer Mini Album

PS: Yeri is an angel, don't deserve the hate she gets. she deserves more love and lines

ugh, you're right! i love Bing Bing because it oddly enough sounds like a Kpop version of Stevie Nicks "Edge of Seventeen" :toofunny:

also, tea, Yeri deserves more lines. i feel like a lot of people don't appreciate her because of the lack of lines SM gives her. sometimes it feels pointless of SM to even have added her to the group if they aren't going to use her talents. i would like to see more of her!

so the updated tracklist for Day 2 is

1. Umpah Umpah

2. Carpool

3. Love Is The Way

i'm loving this tracklist so far and all of the songs sound soooo good! the snippets sound like bops

btw have any of you guys preordered the album? if so, i will gladly trade photocards with any of you if i don't pull Joy! :heart:

idk if you guys are interested in this type of stuff, but i FINALLY completed my Joy photocard set from 'The ReVe Festival: Day 1' album today! i'm so glad, but now i have to worry again cause Day 2 is right around the corner. :toofunny: :defeated: 69044918_2353403098059029_33065070942486