ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

I know they don’t count, but a major newspaper here have Lana 6/6 and that just makes me :flutter: Swedish radio have her 2/5 though, the reviewer said something felt missing because it has no melodic changes or anything that sticks out. *rolls eyes* Another big newspaper gave her 4/5 - if it was written by that hardcore stan reporter instead, I’m sure it would’ve gotten 5/5. Anyway, that newspaper said Love song and hope were the best songs! :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Did the guy from The Guardian even listen to the album or pay attention to lyrical content. He's obviously still carrying a certain impression of her that's no longer valid. Either way not surprised! Especially with him reviewing it. Meta listing that LA Times as an 80 is a bit low to me. The way they interpret articles is always off to me though. Almost seem biased in a way! As Yung said Lana isn't for everyone.

Who cares about reviews... It is always about a taste no matter what. I would give MJ's "Thriller" 2/5 for example because it's just not my cup of tea. 1/5 for every hip hop album :) And 0/10 for almost every shitty album that Anthony Fantano gave 10/10 - a tasteless person who gave UV only 2/10.

Mmeow~

lmaoo the cheek to ask me to pay to read that crock of shit  :lmao:  :lmao:

the torygraph is trash anyways I wouldn't have expected anything else from that rag... (also not the TOOL album with 89 on metacritic...........  :deadbanana:)

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

the torygraph is trash anyways I wouldn't have expected anything else from that rag... (also not the TOOL album with 89 on metacritic...........  :deadbanana:)

lol  critics LOVE old bands releasing an album after a long time. Also Beyonce's live album has a 98 lmao THAT is ridiculous. The visuals of that show were fantastic but just listening to it I felt like I was waiting for something to happen for like 10 minutes sometimes. 

Also the fucking guardian is so ugh they have no taste..

I know some people on this site cringe at the mention of him, but what do we think Melon will be scoring it? I don't think he'll like HTD or TNBAR but other than that I think it'll be pretty positive. Maybe a 7  :hooker: or even an 8....

he will for sure. I'm feeling a strong 7  :teehee:

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/music/lana-del-rey-norman-rockwell-album-review-a4224836.html

5/5 from Standard UK, but they don't count.

Time also calls it her best album.

https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/80126/Lana-Del-Rey-Norman-Fucking-Rockwell/

Perfect score from Sputnik (but do they count Contributors?).