Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

people who think Venice Bitch should be shorter deserve the electric chair

the fact that some people say it should be 5 min long :biblio: or even 4 :biblio:

My ranking after all this time

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell

2. Love Song

3. Fuck It I Love You

4. The Greatest

5. Bartender

6. The Next Best American Record

7. Happiness Is a Butterfly

8. Cinnamon Girl

9. Mariners Apartment Complex / Venice Bitch

10. Doin’ Time

11. How to Disappear

12. Hope Is a Dangerous Thing

13. California

Good article. It's true a whole group of people who have never heard of Norman Rockwell will now seek out who he was and get exposed to his art. Nice attitude by the museum. I wish the bozo Sublime fans who post, "I hope you all realize this is a cover" or some other nonsense would get that now there are a lot of people discovering Sublime that never would have before.

Is anyone able to sing this line from FIILY without going out of breath ?

It turns out California's more than a juste a state of mind. I met you on the boulevard, wind through my hair, you blew my mind and if I wasn't so fucked up I think I'd fuck you all the time.

It's frustrating

It's not that hard but it requires good breath support

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Is anyone able to sing this line from FIILY without going out of breath ?

It turns out California's more than a juste a state of mind. I met you on the boulevard, wind through my hair, you blew my mind and if I wasn't so fucked up I think I'd fuck you all the time.

It's frustrating

She doesn't sing it, she whispers it ala Selena Gomez, anybody could do that  :hooker:

Will this post be top of page 200?? Who knows...but what I do know is that Venice Bitch is best on the album and we need to continue this debate. My god the instrumentation, the journey it takes you on, the memories you havent lived yet displaying on the dashboard as you cruise. The lyrics, the lived in feeling she personifies, as though she truly knows this kind of song needed to be made for those who need it. Epic. Beautiful. Venice bitch. Who's runner up or tied?

<keep in mind I adore this masterpiece>

The Greatest gets runner up

Will this post be top of page 200?? Who knows...but what I do know is that Venice Bitch is best on the album and we need to continue this debate. My god the instrumentation, the journey it takes you on, the memories you havent lived yet displaying on the dashboard as you cruise. The lyrics, the lived in feeling she personifies, as though she truly knows this kind of song needed to be made for those who need it. Epic. Beautiful. Venice bitch. Who's runner up or tied?

<keep in mind I adore this masterpiece>

The Greatest gets runner up

Def the greatest!!

Venice Bitch is like a warm hug but at the same time it gives you memories that you never had and every time i listen I get the longing to travel or to move to California. Sometimes I want to get drunk and dance to this song. The Guitar solo still gets in my soul and let me leave  earth :legend:

LANA DID THAT! A 10 MINUTE MASTERPIECE

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Venice Bitch is amazing! Winter is over in Australia and we had a 30 degree day (Celsius), I was listening to the whole album, and it was all amazing. Venice Bitch is so nice in the afternoon when its warm. Also on afternoon drives. I could have a 30 minute version and would love it <3 

She really did bless us with an amazing album. 

I wish the greatest had more choruses and verses!! 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

California is still amazing!I'm really in love with the second prechorus (You scared to win, scared to lose...)Soo good :party:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

California is still amazing!I'm really in love with the second prechorus (You scared to win, scared to lose...)Soo good :party:

California is really a masterpiece. It is beautiful and I agree, love that second pre chorus. California is the sister track to The Blackest Day imho. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

California is really a masterpiece. It is beautiful and I agree, love that second pre chorus. California is the sister track to The Blackest Day imho.

California is so amazing.. sister track to cruel World. Slow verses leading on to a bombastic chorus.

I feel like shes talking to me on a personal level with the verses..especially "you're brighter than the brightest star.. you dont ever have to be stronger than u really are".. and "war is really over if u choose".. helps me so much on my worst days where I'm just stuck to my bed.

So I think I've figured out my ranking finally! Though I'm sure it'll change soon enough.

edit: nvm I started typing it out and I still can't fkn decide  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Edited by daphnedinkley

Wq9zHLl.jpg

TASTE!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

hmm let me see if i can actually rank the songs

1. Mariners Apartment Complex

2. the greatest

3. Venice Bitch

4. California

5. Fuck it I love you

6. Bartender

7. Cinnamon

8. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have- but I have it

9. Happiness is a Butterfly

10. Norman Fucking Rockwell

11. Love song

12. The Next Best American Record

13. Doin’ Time

14. How to disappear

kinda bummed happiness is a butterfly and love song ended up being so low on the list because i love them but i can’t put them any higher when so many of the songs are somehow even better

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love