Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I can't wait til im seeing her in Amsterdam next year to see how you're gonna rip apart her performance after I come back, knowing i probably realized none of the things that would be mentioned here.

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

"your favourite liquor off the top shelf" is my favorite line on the album, i just love the desperation in her voice as she says it, its almost like she's even willing to resort back to drinking alcohol again if it means getting him back and going crazy together, i love that - its such a great moment

My God this. This is EXACTLY how I interpret this line.

I think she had a show in Tokyo but she canceled it because she was sick. Don’t quote me on that but I feel like I’m right. I’m surprised she hasn’t had more shows in Asia, because she did a cover of Vogue China and a magazine in Japan. It’s not like she doesn’t have an audience.

I actually JUST created a new topic about this very subject (hasn't been approved by a mod yet). I am waiting patiently for her to come back here... Japan is a really unique place to see a show. The live music vibe is so different than anywhere else in the world.

Oh. My. God. I was actually talking to a friend about this and noticed it wasnt on the original setlist, but. How was it?? Did she add more tracks?

she also sang ultraviolence! idk if she's been singing it lately but im pretty sure she hasn't.

giphy.gif

i missed out on the merch table last night and can't find any of it online. any suggestions?

You can only buy it there. If you have a friend going to one of the upcoming shows just have them buy it for you and you pay.

The sound effect in The Next Best American Record always reminds me of the White Mustang videoclip where Get Free comes in. “We play The Eagles down in Malibu-u”

Malibu

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Her tweet

San Francisco! Thank you so much for having us back- there’s two very important reasons why I hope you don’t miss the show tonight :-)

Special guests... she's bringing out Chris Isaak

This counts as a correct prediction IDGAF

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Lana and Chris Isaak performing Wicked Game tonight at the Hollywood Bowl

EEUsrm4UcAEfv3c.jpg

edit:why is that pic so huge omfg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif