Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Over a month in and I'm loving this album still. Words cannot describe my love. I get so immersed in each track that I forget the rest of the album, then the next song starts and it happens all over again. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I'm still confused about what the lead single is this era. Doin' Time is the only song that got the single treatment, but MAC's the first song that dropped and also feels like the lead single. 

there is no lead single this era was a mess

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

California is probably my favorite song right now, which is weird bc it was the one I liked the least when the album dropped  :defeated:

Cinnamon has grown on me too, and Happiness still mesmerizes me  :legend:

Still not a big fan of Hope though, I'm not that repulsed by the song as I was before the album release and sometimes when I'm listening to the album and it comes on I listen to it, but it's not a song I go after y'know?  :teehee:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

They are officially releasing it as a single.

We might get a proper video for the song which is good.

I... wouldn’t hope for a newer video to be honest. We know she wouldn’t make one.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Over a month in and I'm loving this album still. Words cannot describe my love. I get so immersed in each track that I forget the rest of the album, then the next song starts and it happens all over again. 

My exact feelings towards it. It's such an amazing body of work. Well, except for HTD but nothing is perfect..

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

who thought it was a good idea making mac a single suddenly after being out for over a year? i  :toofunny:​ 

The Greatest would have been an amazing idea. Little shortening and its a perfect radio song. 

giphy.gif

Just wanna say that California is so FUCKING POWERFUL. The vulnerability as she expresses that her old lover still has a hold on her and how she admits that she will accept him back in a heartbeat is so raw. I just want to cry and break down every time i hear it

giphy.gif

California is my favourite from the album too. With every listen i love this song more. It really gets in my soul. I can feel the emotion in my heart and the was she sings in the chorus..I can really feel that she would do everything for this person. Lana would even start to drink again (the liquor line). Actually this song /the feeling i get from it reminded me of brother. You don't know that but I'm lost my brother in the beginning of 2018 and it was a very hard time and I still miss him so much but I would do anything for him if he would come back to earth. And I would throw a party all night long if he would be here and I would hit up old places with him. It is not same situation like Lana describes in the Song but it reminded of my situation. This song is really a masterpiece.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

California is my favourite from the album too. With every listen i love this song more. It really gets in my soul. I can feel the emotion in my heart and the was she sings in the chorus..I can really feel that she would do everything for this person. Lana would even start to drink again (the liquor line). Actually this song /the feeling i get from it reminded me of brother. You don't know that but I'm lost my brother in the beginning of 2018 and it was a very hard time and I still miss him so much but I would do anything for him if he would come back to earth. And I would throw a party all night long if he would be here and I would hit up old places with him. It is not same situation like Lana describes in the Song but it reminded of my situation. This song is really a masterpiece.

I’m sorry for your loss. My dad passed away in 2017 and there are times when I miss him too. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

My reaction has been exactly the opposite. I didn't care for it upon release and I still don't. For me, it has no center, no subtext, no substance or 'meat'. It certainly isn't a 'folk' record.

She said it was what she wanted to do now, and I'm glad for her that she did exactly what she wanted. But it doesn't do a thing for me. 

The greatest and cinnamon girl would work really well on the radio.

Don’t understand why they are sending Mac.

CG would be a much, much better choice, especially if slightly remastered and amped up a bit. It had so much potential, music-wise, but they blew it with weak production and badly-recorded and muffled vocals. Still, if it's what LDR wanted, great. I'm glad she did it her way.