Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I was listening to NFR earlier today and I realized something about it sonically just sounds so dreamy. Like some sort of twinkly dream world. Idk how else to describe it but Honeymoon has that feeling too. Or like Stevie Nicks’ solo albums, all of them, they have it. I wish I could put this into actual words.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

So nice, they also chose the perfect moments from each video wow

Tropico videos should've been in too 

I tried rewatching Tropico recently but that 1280x100 ratio is not it  :toofunny:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I tried rewatching Tropico recently but that 1280x100 ratio is not it  :toofunny:

When it was released, someone on here fixed the ratio so it took up your entire screen.

I have searched for it multiple times since then and never found it.

It's a big regret I didn't save it back when it came out.

NFR is a great album but it's kind of funny how much people are kissing its ass when UV and HM were just as good... is it just because the stigma against Lana has finally died after almost an entire decade?

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

NFR is a great album but it's kind of funny how much people are kissing its ass when UV and HM were just as good... is it just because the stigma against Lana has finally died after almost an entire decade?

That and the GP worships Jacl Antanoff' AS THEY SHOULD

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

HTD is def a christmas song.  let's not forget it comes directly after Cinnamon Girl (cinnamon is the official spice of christmastime)

and The greatest comes next, and Xmas is the greatest holiday of the year!

Semi-abstract thoughts- 

Title track: soft like water, silk mhm yep
MAC: oh yeah kumbayah moment 
Venice: POWERFUL
FIILY: that SYNTH, how magically dance-able it is, amidst how sad the song can b. 
DT: iced tea, air conditioning shaded open cafe by the sea, bright reggae colors off of swimsuits. tans
Love song: vines on this majestic bridge I used to walk down to get home to. sunset, sunrise for atmosphere. 
Cinnamon Girl: dancing under the influence 
HtD: silhouettes and golden gleaming ocean waves
California: the rush down the Hollywood strip at night, that sense of reality sort of blurring, but u ride the rush
TNBAR: honestly, lit pools, night swimming 
TG: Niagara Falls 
Bartender: when ur driving the highway at night, the white and red gemstones that ya see from opposing sides of traffic 
HiaB: the color orange, smoky skies and contrasting pewter tones from stone. Egg yolk sun, arms waving
HIADT: Looking out from the glass on ur window during the day vibes. lights aren't on so the outside scenery from the inside looks like a bright hallucination. 

UV/Honeymoon

i've been dating w a guy lately and im listening to cinnamon girl A LOT and i just cried a little to that song for the first time :rip: he suffered so much, much more than me and that's a lot to say, and i really want to be the first who ever held him without hurting him

i've been dating w a guy lately and im listening to cinnamon girl A LOT and i just cried a little to that song for the first time :rip: he suffered so much, much more than me and that's a lot to say, and i really want to be the first who ever held him without hurting him

Omg, this is genuinely soooo cute. I hope you can be that for him. <3

Critics finally get her. True, NFR is just as good as HM or UV, but «  the depressed girl that idealizes death » (as some called her) isn’t there lyrically, which pleases them. And with each album, she tells the story of a period of her life and they finally like that chapter, I guess.

I thought UV and HM would never be beaten but I actually do think NFR is her best, the more I listen to it the more I like all the songs everything just sounds too good.

I thought UV and HM would never be beaten but I actually do think NFR is her best, the more I listen to it the more I like all the songs everything just sounds too good.

I've got to agree. Ultraviolence is an incredible album, and back then it was like goddamn, her best ever... I still think Honeymoon is slightly her very best record, but Norman is just another league. It's simply better than most of her discography. It has the 'classic' feeling only Born to Die had, while her other projects felt more like 'cult' albums.

It's not a coincidence that Norman is already a 21st century classique... it's not only that the industry finally accepted and understood her. The album itself is grand. Right album, right time...