Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Didn’t she record a video for Love song a few months ago?

What? She better release it now.

When Lana sings "back in the garden, we're getting high now, because we're older"  all i can think of is  the privatization of land via colonialism and how only rich landowners have access to beautiful gardens that used to exist for all people.  Oh how I dream of getting high in a common wild garden as a spiritual native of the earth, and not in a Norman Rockwell private suburb where some asshole in a polo shirt and khaki shorts is gonna yell at me to get out of his backyard.  Thank you for listening.

I don't think about that. I think she sits in her garden and smokes weed with her boyfriend.

Mfhp.gif

All of these stans are STILL crying about not getting to see lana for like the 7th time and having already flown out and booked a hotel...
they're busy touring paris (for like the 3rd time) with other rich stans 

giphy.gif   f*ck all of them and their rich people problems!

So now that we’ve fully digested the album and etc, which songs are your most played and which are your least, not meant to be a ranking, but then again I guess it could be lol,

So now that we’ve fully digested the album and etc, which songs are your most played and which are your least, not meant to be a ranking, but then again I guess it could be lol,

i've had some issues with my itunes so i can't really give an accurate answer of my most/least played but i'd say my most played would be bartender/california and my least played would be fuck it i love you, just haven't been able to get into that song yet.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

My most played songs are definitely Norman fucking Rockwell, Mariners apartment complex and Venice Bitch because I always play them when I'm doing something. Skincare routine, cooking, taking a shower, etc, and whenever I feel the need to get a glimpse of the record I put those songs on.

Then it'd be Cinnamon Girl because I've been dating this guy that's been really hurt and I just want to literally be the first to ever hold him without hurting him.

Least played song is probably How to disappear. I found myself skipping that song a few times.

All of these stans are STILL crying about not getting to see lana for like the 7th time and having already flown out and booked a hotel...

they're busy touring paris (for like the 3rd time) with other rich stans 

giphy.gif   f*ck all of them and their rich people problems!

preach kwan :gclap: :thumb2: 

My most streamed are the title track (and it also became my most streamed song of all time), and then How to disappear. I’ve been playing this one so much this winter. It became really important to me for some sad reasons, but it’s also one of the tracks that I love singing along the most. My least played tracks are Venice Bitch and Doin’ Time, probably because they are still my least favourite even though I love them both.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

like these a lot. disclaimer, actually think this record doesn't have any skips for me anyway. 

most often, descending : 

Venice / NFR / HiaB  / Love song - central. easiest to stream and get lost in. I appreciate songs that can calm me so so much. 

FIILY / DT - The bops 

California / HtD / TNBAR / Bartender / The Greatest - where the pain is being sung 

Cinnamon / MAC / Hope - Cinnamon makes me uncomfortable. Mac is a jewel that I don't want to just casually play. Hope takes proper type of patience and state of mind for me to really listen to it. 

UV/Honeymoon

Most played songs: California, Bartender, Cinnamon Girl, Venice Bitch and Fuck it I love you.

Less played songs: Hope (...) and Love Song.

giphy.gif