Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

MAC vid's great as a kind of store visual. 
Venice was charming. 
DT's ICONIC 

Fiily/TG well made. 

I don't really know what to say about the mini film, but I still loved that HiaB got visuals

Personal fave film works of art:
Blue Jeans 
West Coast 
Shades of Cool 
Tropico
Lust For Life
oddly, Honeymoon 

UV trailer ALONE

UV/Honeymoon

tbh, NFR has the best music videos out of all her eras.

Guuuurl, besides Doin Time this might be the trashiest music video era  :creep: The Iphone video was a mess. 

I mean FILY/TG double feature had nice moments for sure, but even HM era videos have more vibe than that.

Guuuurl, besides Doin Time this might be the trashiest music video era  :creep: The Iphone video was a mess. 

I mean FILY/TG double feature had nice moments for sure, but even HM era videos have more vibe than that.

honestly i forgot Doin Time's video LOL i like all the others alot though.

18.gif

What do you mean? The embarassing triple-video that completely destroyed the atmosphere of the songs? Or the uninspired MAC/VB loops?

FIILY/TG double video had nice visuals, but was super anticlimatic. Especially the TG part was just empty af.

The only good vieo here is DT

it's just an opinion, i didn't say anyone had to agree :eek:

~INSTA1.gif

As much as I love Lana’s music, I was never able to find myself much in it before NFR, except for some songs I’ve always cherished. Maybe because I never was one of these people who have an extravagant life, who "live fast die young". But with NFR, it’s different. This album is about simple things in life (dancing, going to the beach, crying late at night, daydreaming), simple love affairs, simple issues... It’s a down to earth album. To me, there’s nothing more beautiful but also more painful than simple things.

Not everyone can like this album, because I feel like it’s about Elizabeth Woolridge Grant, not Lana Del Rey, however, no sensible person should say the album is not good.

:gclap:

ok, so... if you weren't a Lana fan and got played her album which order would you think they were released in?

for me I'd go Born To Die, Lust For Life, Paradise, Honeymoon, Ultraviolence then Norman Fucking Rockwell

ok, so... if you weren't a Lana fan and got played her album which order would you think they were released in?

for me I'd go Born To Die, Lust For Life, Paradise, Honeymoon, Ultraviolence then Norman Fucking Rockwell

Weird question.

I'd honestly think:

Paradise, Born to Die, Ultraviolence, Lust for Life, Honeymoon, NFR.

Venice was charming. 

DT's ICONIC 

Fiily/TG well made. 

I don't really know what to say about the mini film, but I still loved that HiaB got visuals

Blue Jeans 

West Coast 

Shades of Cool 

Tropico

Lust For Life

oddly, Honeymoon 

UV trailer ALONE

Ride sweetie, I'm so sorry

Sometimes I still pinch myself and remind myself that we actually have NFR. I remember at this time last year I genuinely could not imagine the album ever being released. God that wait felt so long  :deadbanana: And now it's been out for almost 8 months even tho it feels like yesterday to me. We've come far ladies. 

Sometimes I still pinch myself and remind myself that we actually have NFR. I remember at this time last year I genuinely could not imagine the album ever being released. God that wait felt so long  :deadbanana: And now it's been out for almost 8 months even tho it feels like yesterday to me. We've come far ladies. 

ikr :rip: we were still 1 month away from getting doin' time out of nowhere

What's with the remastered BTD

What's the difference between that and the normal version ?What's with the remastered BTD

What's the difference between that and the normal version ?

I know this may be hard but this is the NFR thread.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Venice was charming.

DT's ICONIC

Fiily/TG well made.

Blue Jeans

West Coast

Shades of Cool

Tropico

Lust For Life

oddly, Honeymoon

UV trailer ALONE

I'd say FIILY & The Greatest

But of all her Vidz :

1: God's & Monsters

2: Ride

3: White Mustang

4: Born to Die

5: Shades of Cool

I'd say FIILY & The Greatest

But of all her Vidz :

1: God's & Monsters

2: Ride

3: White Mustang

4: Born to Die

5: Shades of Cool

Yes ah, idk about u, but Fiily and TG were like, real movie quality videos. Even if TG was just her hanging around shipping containers and stuff, the feeling was somehow still there. 

Ride sort of got overplayed for me, and the narrative sorta just got old. I loved WM's retro future aesthetic, but it was just real hard to connect the video to the song bc of TNBAR. Gods and Monsters is LEGENDARY 

it gets me thinking what happened w MAC, and the mini film this cycle. It passed but I wonder if she had other ideas besides relying on special effects in her backyard

UV/Honeymoon

And I have finally been able to put my finger on what is «off» with Hope, to me. 
For the record, I really like this song, but I always need to be in a «special mood» to listen to it. It's because that song is too specific to me, and I can't relate to all of it. All of her songs are personal yet not too specific nor too personal. 

I've already got my opinions n perceptions about this record but. What does this album mean to u guys?

To me, NFR! marks a new beginning. It isn't a continuation. It's brand new. I mean, if Lana could change... so can I! And I'm changing. This album demonstrates the lows and highs, the little things and the great, of the process of change. It's a beautiful and very natural journey.

And as a fan, it has the same meaning - a beginning, a new path I am totally supportive of. These days, I find myself listening to NFR! only (when it comes to Lana music). Her career is now separated... and that is absolutely okay and it's positive. Just like Pink Floyd's career is divided in (at least) three parts...

The Piper at the Gates of Down / A Saucerful of Secrets / More / Ummagumma / Atom Heart Mother / Meddle / Obscured by Clouds

And then...

The Dark Side of the Moon / Wish You Were Here / Animals / The Wall

Then...

The Final Cut / A Momentary Lapse of Reason / The Division Bell

And the rest is history. 

At first they were experimenting, constantly trying to find their image, their sound, their niche (just like Lana) until they found their way. I hope NFR! is the beginning of her own version of the "Great Four" :)

To me, NFR! marks a new beginning. It isn't a continuation. It's brand new. I mean, if Lana could change... so can I! And I'm changing. This album demonstrates the lows and highs, the little things and the great, of the process of change. It's a beautiful and very natural journey.

And as a fan, it has the same meaning - a beginning, a new path I am totally supportive of. These days, I find myself listening to NFR! only (when it comes to Lana music). Her career is now separated... and that is absolutely okay and it's positive. Just like Pink Floyd's career is divided in (at least) three parts...

The Piper at the Gates of Down / A Saucerful of Secrets / More / Ummagumma / Atom Heart Mother / Meddle / Obscured by Clouds

And then...

The Dark Side of the Moon / Wish You Were Here / Animals / The Wall

Then...

The Final Cut / A Momentary Lapse of Reason / The Division Bell

And the rest is history.

At first they were experimenting, constantly trying to find their image, their sound, their niche (just like Lana) until they found their way. I hope NFR! is the beginning of her own version of the "Great Four" :)

I totally agree with you that NFR marks a new debut, a new cycle. First of all, the cover doesn’t have a car on it. And she is not alone on that boat. Get Free marked the end of the cycle, the threshold. And now, we are in the bittersweet blue. Plus NFR echoes BTD: BTD was legendary but GoT tanked By critics; NFR is incensed. My BF asked me if I had just one Lana album to have, which one would it be: it would be NFR. HM and UV are close seconds, but they’re very specific with their mood. NFR is really « day-to-day » and reflects who I am at the moment.