Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

It’s so annoying how the media keeps calling this a mood album, because it’s literally not. This is her most lyrical thought provoking album. Ultraviolence and Honemoon are mood albums. The lyrics are more repetitive, ambiguous, and most of the songs have no clear storyline. Almost all of the songs on nfr have clear meanings and storylines. Same goes for born to die and paradise. Lust for life is just a mix of everything.

Yeah where's Marina promoting Lana like Lana did back when she released Homemade Heaven?  :crossed:

idk i'm not holding it against her, Lana uses her instagram more often and less officially where Marina uses hers almost exclusively for her own album promotion

It’s so annoying how the media keeps calling this a mood album, because it’s literally not.

I'm pretty sure she called it that herself in one of her interviews. There have been so many that I don't remember which one, though. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

there are no mistakes it is all intentional, keep it moving

Idk if you're joking but they're not intentional ... there's an issue with the looping of the jingle bells, and a whole heap of other shit. 

I mean you can choose to ignore the technical flaws but they really shouldn't have happened considering how much time they had and how much they all get paid. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Marina promoted Lizzos album long back I think.. its ok though. I was just abit upset since I think Marina is Lana's closest friend..someone she can always depend upon. . Hell even Lanas insta baddie friends promoted the album more. Way before it was even announced. I remember that Stella or someone postsd a pic of a book named Norman Rockwell I think on Lana's birthday. And her dancers seem to care more about her than her so called bff lovey marina

So, I just had my first true un-interupted session of listening to this albulm start to finish and I have concluded three major points.

First, I am blown away by how cohesive the tracks are. I feel like each song flows efortlessly to the next in both mood and sound. If you didn't pay attention, you could almost miss the transition between "Mariners Apartment Complex" to "Fuck It I Love you". She and Jack also did a fantastic job with the opening and closing tracks. "Norman fucking Rockwell"  feels like picking a book up off the shelf and reading the prolog to a story, while "Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It" is such a beautiful closing chapter. 

Secondly, I love all the small throwbacks and references to both her earlier work and unreleased tracks. The synth sound effect in "Cinnamon Girl" at 3:28 is the same synth sound effect in the intro of "Radio". Many of her songs contain backing vocals that are identical to her earlier Lizzy Grant work. Her signature vocabulary is peppered in everything. "Liquor from the top shelf", "blue", "passed the test and yes", "nothing gold can stay", "party dress", "catch you on the flipside" etc. I was very pleased with the nostalgia and I feel like she was really trying to please us with the references.

Lastly, I noticed that this was the first time I ever listened to a Lana that I did NOT get the urge to jump around or stop playing until the song was finished.  Listening to start to finish was a pleasure and there wasn't a "bad" or too long of a song that I felt like skipping over.

This woman is freaking amazing.

marina is cursed with being the biggest flop to ever exist, if she keeps her distance from lana then thats fine lol

you're a flop. leave Marina alone.

giphy.gif