Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

my top four songs...

1. Love Song

2. Bartender

3. California

4. Cinnamon Girl

this is bound to change as months go by and i literally love EVERY song on this album. this was hard to choose tbh. MAC and VB are still faves too but i’m basking in the new songs so much. for me, personally, this is DEFINITELY her best album to date.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Ajay's reaction was literally me when I first listened to the album  :toofunny:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Taylor also made me expect too much. She was adding Lana songs to her playlists and spoke about Lana in an interview. . She couldve atleast posted a story. Zkzkkz

taylor wouldn't promote NFR when its Lovers biggest competition for charts

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

Taylor also made me expect too much. She was adding Lana songs to her playlists and spoke about Lana in an interview. . She couldve atleast posted a story. Zkzkkz

Taylor promoting another singer? Even one she loves and rips off to? Never going to happen. 

I will have my real first listen today! I am so excited!

I didn't had the time to listen to it yesterday.

I hope my stereo system won't break while playing the CD.

Mfhp.gif

Marina promoted Lizzos album long back I think.. its ok though. I was just abit upset since I think Marina is Lana's closest friend..someone she can always depend upon. . Hell even Lanas insta baddie friends promoted the album more. Way before it was even announced. I remember that Stella or someone postsd a pic of a book named Norman Rockwell I think on Lana's birthday. And her dancers seem to care more about her than her so called bff lovey marina

Marina got more important problems. Her last album was horrible and barely sold. It's Lana who needs to help Marina out.

giphy.gif

taylor wouldn't promote NFR when its Lovers biggest competition for charts

Taylor isn't a supporter of other woman.

Wow shes cumming the whole time

I was afraid she was going to go into cardiac arrest. She's screaming and crying and hysterical. I love it!  :hooker:

Cinnamon Girl easily being one of lana’s top tier songs

Tea. Cinnamon Girl into How to disappear.... a career + album highlight, what a dynamic duo I mean I’ve NEVER heard something so beautiful before. :crai: my 2 favorites on NFR!

14417469274.gif

There are NO FILLERS in this album. Every single solitary song is gorgeous.

NFR should be nominated for album of the year in every music award there is, especially the Grammy's.

Sooo true. I hope Lover doesnt get nominated x_X.

I also wish her label nominated it for the Alternative category. No way lana will win pop with Ariana,Billie,possibly Taylor......

Smh still cant get over how LFL lost TO a gingerhead's basic album.

There are NO FILLERS in this album. Every single solitary song is gorgeous. 

NFR should be nominated for album of the year in every music award there is, especially the Grammy's.

if its nominated i DOUBT it'll win

giphy.gif

Tea. Cinnamon Girl into How to disappear.... a career + album highlight, what a dynamic duo I mean I’ve NEVER heard something so beautiful before. :crai: my 2 favorites on NFR!

taste, HTD is prolly my fave off the album

image.png

Sooo true. I hope Lover doesnt get nominated x_X.

I also wish her label nominated it for the Alternative category. No way lana will win pop with Ariana,Billie,possibly Taylor......

Smh still cant get over how LFL lost TO a gingerhead's basic album.

Lover will get nominated and it will take every award. Taylor and her people "buy" her awards. It's a horrible practice when it comes to award shows. That's how Gaga got her Oscar for that song and how she got her Golden Globe for AHS.

Unless Lana is willing to "buy" her way for a Grammy like Taylor and Gaga do, she will never get an award. I'm glad Lana has dignity and doesn't do shit like that. In a fair world, no one should have to buy their way to the top. All these awards are rigged. 

I still can't believe Megan Trainor has won Grammy's. 

the way this album came together amazes me. i've avoided all snippets and didn't even listen/watch FIIYL/TG but:

1. venice bitch as track three still amazes me. i made a playlist for a dead boy with the same deliberate vibe judgement and it was gr8.
  2. doin time video elevated the song to… god tier? i don't know? still processing. perfect placement tho.
  3. the first 30 seconds of BAR's new lyrics were a trip but then i realized i fucking love that she warped that song into something new and just as great.
  4. hope as the closing track… after a full listen… it's like a whole new song. i always liked it but girl! :sadcore6:

nothing to comment on the songs she teased in past forms since i can't even remember how they sounded. all i know is this is one THICK, FLUID ass album with zero skips. those who never even heard MAC/VB are in for a goddamn meal

i'm not even processing this, i finally listened at like 6am and have still been listening to other music as usual. and to be honest this is exactly how i hoped it would be since i'm moving into a luxury apartment (not rich lol) on friday and am ready to play this on the built in sound system 25/8 getting high on the balcony 26/9… oh please west coast don't get me back into smoking parliaments on the balcony and swaying w my hands up