Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

idk if you guys already discussed about this, but what's with that vid lana uploaded on her fb page?

I'd love another homemade video, but a good one this time, not just like the ultraviolence one

There’s discussion in the last few pages about it. Chuck playing with a camera again

The fake piano playing has me dead :deadbanana: but I do think the vid is cute

LIZARD PEOPLE

The part with the wedding couple in the glasses made me sad for her. I couldn’t make out what else was in the glasses

Apparently it’s a butterfly :toofunny:

That (very short) mv made me think it might be about Prince Pasta. 

There was the wedding couple, a couple on the beach at sunset (they did a photoshoot on the beach at sunset iirc), and a couple who looked like they were on holidays in swimsuits (they holidayed in Italy a lot iirc). 

But he isn't 6'2 and I'm sure she did love him, so those parts don't fit. 

But it's probably about aspects of a few of her past relationships rather than just one. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Anyone notices a difrerence between the Cinnamon Girl snippet lana posted on IG and the studio version. The snippet has less orchestra and more bass in the chorus. I wanted that one :( 

Anyone notices a difrerence between the Cinnamon Girl snippet lana posted on IG and the studio version. The snippet has less orchestra and more bass in the chorus. I wanted that one :(

Same ... I miss that bass

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

While I absolutely loved some of them there were quite a bunch of LFL songs I never learned to enjoy (particularly the ones with long titles) but NFR is just such an instant love, there's no roachellas songs I would instantly dislike or feel the need to skip to get to something better. I feel like with every listen it has a stronger impact on me

Replace HTD with the live version (the album version is completely different song for me).

Replace The  Next BAR with BAR (BAR is thousands timer better)

Skip Doin' Time (its a great song, but it does not belong to this album)

Then I have a perfect 13 tracks album.

Uhm, no thanks. NFR! is perfect as it is and those 3 tracks slaaaaay.

Apparently NFR is paced for a #3 debut on the Billboard 200 with units of 75-85K, 50-60K are pure sales

:((( it's such an outstanding album, I hate to see it not place #1. Wish it had been slated for a different week.

does anyone else feels like happiness is a butterfly had been added to another song like, literally?

the pre-chorus looks like it shouldn't be there

but it sounds good tho idk  :crossed:

Went to Spain on a vacation and I couldn’t keep up with the thread. Now I’m trying to but I’m dying to share my thoughts on the album. I love almost every song on it but How To Disappear. Seriously, what were they thinking? They’ve ruined such a beautiful song with amazing lyrics.. I much prefer the live version. It’s Coachella all over again.

Venice Bitch, California and Love song are the holy trinity of this record in my opinion. I’ve heard a lot of negative reviews about Love song but it just sounds so intimate and when she sings “I would like to think that you would stick around- you know that I’d just die to make you proud” it makes me so emotional. I cried the first time listening to these lyrics.

Cinnamon was very underwhelming to me.. maybe because we already almost had the whole track before it’s release. I like the outro but I wish there were more lines we haven’t heard already.

Ps. As I’m writing this, HTD started playing: I actually love the intro.. it sounds fun. But the second half is just unbearable with the jingle bells all over it and you can barely hear her voice. Wtf :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Every era I love to follow this little fact, I'm not sure if anyone pointed it out yet but she's (unknowingly?) keeping the trend of opening the album with strings or guitar, and alternating it by era:

BTD: Strings (song: BTD)

UV: Guitar (song: Cruel World)

HM: Strings (song: HM)

LFL: Guitar (song: Love)

NFR: Strings (song: NFR)

And she's alternates whether or not the title track is an opener or the second song!

I wonder if it's an accident or not

does anyone else feels like happiness is a butterfly had been added to another song like, literally?

the pre-chorus looks like it shouldn't be there

but it sounds good tho idk  :crossed:

Personally it sounds like it could be split into two or three song choruses cause the entire song is kinda oddly structured but it's still enjoyable

Every era I love to follow this little fact, I'm not sure if anyone pointed it out yet but she's (unknowingly?) keeping the trend of opening the album with strings or guitar, and alternating it by era:

BTD: Strings (song: BTD)

UV: Guitar (song: Cruel World)

HM: Strings (song: HM)

LFL: Guitar (song: Love)

NFR: Strings (song: NFR)

And she's alternates whether or not the title track is an opener or the second song!

I wonder if it's an accident or not

this could be true if the intro of Love wasn't a bass actually :rip: