Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

i am so in love with the album in every way  :party:

can we talk about how this cover is a SERVE it grew on me so much. last month when i first saw it i thought it was her worst and looked like a cheap faceswap but wow, it grew on me.

it might be chuck's first good shot

#3 for Lana is pretty great for her sixth album of the decade and a pretty inaccessible one at that. She’s crossed over to the mainstream incredibly well and has established her staying power with a obsessed dedicated fan base.

Heads up for those who live in NYC - Target doesn't have enough copies of NFR. Like literally not enough. I have no problem because I got my CD in amazon but there's a lot of fans who want the "Target Exclusive" which is why I bring it up. I'm hearing a lot of fans from NYC on twitter, Facebook and instagram complaining that when they check out Target's official website to check for CD copies in stores, it says that specific Target store has NFR in stock. Sadly it's not true. Target updates their info every 72 hours, so the info they have on the store stocks is not in real time. From what I was told by my friend who works in a Target in the city, Lana's albums are flying off the shelves. Every time an employee put 10 NFR cd's on the shelf of my friend's store, it's gone within the hour. It seems to be happening in all the NYC Target stores. Do yourself a favor and just order NFR online and save yourself a trip. 

What is funny is that Taylor's Lover album has all these huge tower displays in every Target store and her album isn't actually flying off the shelves. I'm not sure if it's because no one cares or because Taylor's record company had people send more copies of her album to these Target stores. 

Anyway, this is just a heads up to fans living in NYC. Is the same thing happening to other Target stores in the US? 

This is all you see when you walk into any Target in NYC. Lover album fully on display on shelves. Her fans have no issues getting her album.  

yssh3w00j9i31.jpg

Heads up for those who live in NYC - Target doesn't have enough copies of NFR. Like literally not enough. I have no problem because I got my CD in amazon but there's a lot of fans who want the "Target Exclusive" which is why I bring it up. I'm hearing a lot of fans from NYC on twitter, Facebook and instagram complaining that when they check out Target's official website to check for CD copies in stores, it says that specific Target store has NFR in stock. Sadly it's not true. Target updates their info every 72 hours, so the info they have on the store stocks is not in real time. From what I was told by my friend who works in a Target in the city, Lana's albums are flying off the shelves. Every time an employee put 10 NFR cd's on the shelf of my friend's store, it's gone within the hour. It seems to be happening in all the NYC Target stores. Do yourself a favor and just order NFR online and save yourself a trip. 

What is funny is that Taylor's Lover album has all these huge tower displays in every Target store and her album isn't actually flying off the shelves. I'm not sure if it's because no one cares or because Taylor's record company had people send more copies of her album to these Target stores. 

Anyway, this is just a heads up to fans living in NYC. Is the same thing happening to other Target stores in the US? 

This is all you see when you walk into any Target in NYC. Lover album fully on display on shelves. Her fans have no issues getting her album.  

yssh3w00j9i31.jpg

and it's on sale... that's awkward

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

have u forgot about jack i love these chords

omg true. I guess it'll be her 'Bradley and I met over leftover pasta because you know we're both Italian' and elevator story can be her 100 people  :deadbanana:

nice cocc bro

and it's on sale... that's awkward

Yeah. I expect Taylor's stuff to sell well and fly off the shelves. But like I said, is it because not a lot of people care for "Lover" or is it because her people were able to have more copies shipped to these stores? I don't know. All I know is you won't find NFR in the store itself and better off ordering it online. It's really sad because I'm seeing a lot of NYC fans upset because they get to the store and there's no NFR. On top of that NYC no longer has big music stores. Virgin Records, Tower Records, and J & R Music closed years ago. There's Rough Trade in Brooklyn but they aren't what I consider a big record store. It's more like a hipster hang out place to buy vinyls and books and sip Latte. Then there's Generation Records in the village and they are a tiny indie music store. I doubt they carry Lana.

California is SO LUCKY they still have Amoeba Records. NYC has nothing.  :icant:

NYC has a legacy and range, LA could never

I would have agreed with you 10 -20 years ago. Not anymore. Gentrification has ruined NYC. Stores closing left and right. Rents high. Homelessness on a super rise. I know California has their problems too, but NYC has lost it's magic, at least for me. 

I pray for anyone that doesn't like Bartender... I hope it grows on them eventually. For real, sitting in the dark and enjoying the lyrics over the soft piano is so good  :icant:

How can anyone dislike Bartender? That song sounds like something Tori Amos and Fiona Apple could have written. It's beautiful. I understand people disliking HTD because of the bad mix/jingle bells.

Has anyone found the way to remove those damn jingle Bells sound from HTD? It would help. 

How can anyone dislike Bartender? That song sounds like something Tori Amos and Fiona Apple could have written. It's beautiful. I understand people disliking HTD because of the bad mix/jingle bells.

Ikr? I've seen some reviews over the internet that call it boring or saying that it should've been cut, and maybe it's because they listened to it only once. I simply adore it. It's like a cute music box lullaby with amazing lyrics and a mysterious atmosphere. She did that.

Not that it's wrong to have a different opinion on Bartender, but I just hope they all get to enjoy it someday  :hooker:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif