Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

After listening to Norman Forking Rockwell these days I went through BTD to refresh my rankings and ugh... the songs... are just all masterpieces... it kinda has the same issue as LFL does, maybe the songs don't all come together as an album to me but woah the lyrics, the songs, the themes, she was so ahead of everything tbh

ranking all the Lana albums is just an impossible chore tbh but I'll try:  NFR = HM = BTD = UV > LFL

Lana is really the best artist of our generation, huh, she did that

the title track is one of the best 

the opening strings foreshadowing the chorus melody, the loose piano, the witty lyrics (ICONIC), the brass, the high notes like the heavenly BLUUUEEE at the end 

perfect opener 

GUYS I NEED HELP..

so the 29th i got an email about my NFR cd from Lana’s store and that a label was created in preparation for delivery and ever since, i haven’t gotten any more updates on shipping or anything. does anyone else have this problem? i’m worried. the only thing i can think of, of why it hasn’t shipped yet is cuz of the labor day weekend? someone help....

Same here.

Just saw this on twitter. Omg, this girl, that’s so sweet and cool of her to tell Lana’s Doin’ Time in sign language!

https://twitter.com/beccamals/status/1167881450428891136?s=21

(I’m lowkey amazed that I recognized “party”)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Glad to see people giving NFR (song) the praise it deserves! One of her best songs for sure :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

In order for Lana to put out a memorable and impactful album she will have to work on it for more than than two years.

I knew this album would be a let down from the second she announced it.

Lana, what has happened to you? Take 10 years off and bring us something you've really put your heart and soul in.

This album is a one season money grab. Too bad that's all Lana seems to care about these days.

i have no idea where you're getting this shit from, your ass would be the obvious answer 

i have no idea where you're getting this shit from, your ass would be the obvious answer

I'm getting that from the fact she releases an album every to years. That's not being a musician as much as it is fulfilling a contract.

really surprised the title track is doing so good on streaming, the gp came thru

as much as I LOVE the title track and think it deserves to be heard, its most likely due to its placement in the tracklist, most people will start the album with it and might not finish it, you know

The guy who said Lana will never be beautiful cause her ears are too low and talked a lot of shit about her for not wearing enough makeup and not having her hair in a pretty style to her surgeon’s birthday party even though she looked completely fine is calling the “You’re just a man” line sexist.. Yeah seems about right

also, he went on a wild rant months ago about how Lana using the expression "crack another beer" was unappealing b/c it sounded like a trashy way of putting it. DRAG HA

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

not sure if this was discussed yet, too lazy to look back, but i emailed her store ab the shipping and they said they are experiencing unexpected delay in the inventory (i got the vinyl)

Is it too late to do song rankings? Eh, probably.

HTD has been growing on me, even the jingle bells. Definitely a grower song. It's actually kinda slick tbh.

My bias against everything new-BAR has cooled, so it's not a pain to listen to for me now. But now I'm finally understanding what people meant when they said it was boring (either version). The story told in the lyrics really made it for me in the first place, so with a less dark interesting story, it's just kind of song that's there and I forget that I'm listening to halfway through.

Doin' Time isn't too bad of a last-minute addition.

not sure if this was discussed yet, too lazy to look back, but i emailed her store ab the shipping and they said they are experiencing unexpected delay in the inventory (i got the vinyl)

my cd is only arriving september 9th

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

(Ignoring the goddamn man-children in the thread  :creep:  :creep: )

I made and have been listening religiously to a edit of the album: I've reordered the tracklist and made it gapless. been trying to upload on YouTube but it keeps getting blocked despite other ppl managing to upload shit?? 

Track list:

NFR

Mariner's Apartment Complex

The greatest

Love song

Cinnamon Girl

Fuck it I love you

California

How to disappear

TNBAR (mixed with the demo)

Happiness is a butterfly

Bartender

Hope

Venice Bitch

would love nothing more than to share it but don't want a WP or a ban lmao;; I just want YT to get their licensing sorted so I can upload it AND give Lana ha streaming coin  :hooker:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png