Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

In many ways, NFR is the culmination of the past 7 years. There's no going back imo.

She needs to do something out of the box and continue maturing and pushing her songwriting game to another level.

Songs like Hope is a Dangerous Thing... feel like a planted seeds for a new direction. 

nfr is her second worst album. I hope she won't follow its direction unless the tracks will sound like fuck it I love you/the greatest/happiness is a butterfly

no taste

giphy.gif

I dont think she's ever gonna be dark and grunge again... thats okay, stream nicole dollanganger!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Daily reminder that the audience DEMANDS Roses Bloom For You

yeah, nobody wants that

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Daily reminder that the audience DEMANDS Yosemite

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I read "White Hot Forever" in the same melody as "blue skies forever" from "Lust for Life". 

I am going to try, and probably fail, to not listen to snippets this time if she posts any. Following another artist that recently put out an album with no singles beforehand, it made me realize how exciting it is to discover a whole album at once, especially after hearing so much of Norman before it dropped. I can only imagine if my first listen to "Cinnamon Girl" had been in full and HQ. :flutter:  Lesson learned for next time. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I'm getting Born To Die vibes tbh

Same! there's something about the album name that screams BTD to me... I'm not sure what or why.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Please no more references to California, no more songs about her being blue, no more songs about her gowns and her baby. Lana needs to go to the nearest Barnes & Nobles and grab some books and learn different words asap, improve that vocabulary sis! Thesaurus is free for gods sake...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I just can't get my head around Lana working with Jack on another album. Don't get me wrong, NFR was a good record. But from a production standpoint, it might as well be my least favorite of hers (I know Lust for Life exists, but from a production standpoint, although it's still very much my least favorite album of hers, to me it's superior to NFR). He might be a talented composer and musician, but from a recording perspective NFR is lackluster and kinda cheap to me.

I don't mean to stir the pot, but oh well.