Elle

Don't Call Me Angel [Music Video] - OUT NOW

Why would we want to? It would've been the most batshit crazy title of her entire discography. I'm so sad she didn't use it.

The crazier, the better.

Stan BIRD WORLD.

I don't understand the logic of cutting any of it because the entire thing is only 3 minutes long anyway?

Her part is the best part of the song too.

#BIRDWORLD

You're never going to let us forget that, are you?  :toofunny:

I'm gonna repeat it like a parrot with motherfucking Tourette's. Just wait 'til I drop #Loonalysis.

#BirdWorld4Eva

Why would we want to? It would've been the most batshit crazy title of her entire discography. I'm so sad she didn't use it.

The crazier, the better.

Batshit? Crazy? No. Maybe a little bird-brained.

Stan BIRD WORLD.

That's more like it.

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

The same reason why West Coast bombed at radio in the US esp after the huge success of Summertime Sadness remix.

Remember the whole debate Lana had with her mangers at that time. I can’t find that interview right now. Her mangers wanted her to get another radio hit after that and suggested her to ramp up the chorus of West Coast. Lana did the opposite, called in Dan A and redid the song and the entire album LOL.

And low and behold her mangers were right. The song flopped and UV underperformed commercially.

In her mind at the time, she wanted critical approval over radio hits which honestly was a huge mistake.

Because UV got trashed by critics regardless LOL. Remember the “I wish I was dead” mess.

0 Grammys noms, trashed by critics, flopped on the charts. A nightmare literally a nightmare

Lana also went to hibernation cancelling a bunch of radio interviews, live performances and she was also banned from French radio stations.

UV wasn’t trashed by all critics. It debuted at #1 and performed better than expected. It was the era she finally came back touring the U.S. and her fan base only grew from there. She didn’t get a Grammy for UV, but she got a nomination for LFL. Doin’ Time could’ve performed better on the radio if it was promoted well. Likewise with FIILY (should’ve also been rerecorded for the clean version) and The Greatest.

But back to the subject matter, all that you’re referring to shouldn’t have led to this decision especially since she was asked to be on it by Ariana. Removing her from this song doesn’t make sense since the whole hype surrounding it has to do with the fact that all three artists collaborated. And it’s fitting since the movie surrounds 3 of Charlie’s Angels? So I don’t get why they’re editing her part out. And I also don’t get what you’re referring to- which happened 5 years ago- has to do with her being cut from the song on the radio?

This song might be old news already, but still. I dislike this fake "feminist" concept of looking down on men, playing with their feelings, treating them like "boys", etc. It would be ok if it was an ordinary playful song, but we all know where they're coming from with this message. Hollywood couldn't care less about men, women or anything, it's just pandering.

I'm also suspicious of so-called feminists who openly talk about being with taken men.

This song might be old news already, but still. I dislike this fake "feminist" concept of looking down on men, playing with their feelings, treating them like "boys", etc. It would be ok if it was an ordinary playful song, but we all know where they're coming from with this message. Hollywood couldn't care less about men, women or anything, it's just pandering.

I'm also suspicious of so-called feminists who openly talk about being with taken men.

Are you for real?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Are you for real?

Yes. They're pushing this message of empowerment but in the wrong form. I'm not talking about Ariana or any of the other girls, but the people in charge. There might be some who are genuinely trying to change the industry but in general they're selling a product. Which is understandable since it's their job, the problem is people buy into it.

Beyonce, as much of a phony people say she is, has better lyrics, Survivor being an example. It's saying "you hurt me, but I got over it and I'm doing better so no hard feelings". Yes, I'm over analising pop songs but just because it's mainstream it doesn't have to be empty or rushed.

this is a dumb take.

giphy.gif

Ain’t from no heaven

Yeah, you heard me right

Even though you know we fly

Don't call me angel

I mean, it's pretty obvious, right?

#BirdWorld

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

The same reason why West Coast bombed at radio in the US esp after the huge success of Summertime Sadness remix.

Remember the whole debate Lana had with her mangers at that time. I can’t find that interview right now. Her mangers wanted her to get another radio hit after that and suggested her to ramp up the chorus of West Coast. Lana did the opposite, called in Dan A and redid the song and the entire album LOL.

And low and behold her mangers were right. The song flopped and UV underperformed commercially.

In her mind at the time, she wanted critical approval over radio hits which honestly was a huge mistake.

Because UV got trashed by critics regardless LOL. Remember the “I wish I was dead” mess.

0 Grammys noms, trashed by critics, flopped on the charts. A nightmare literally a nightmare

Lana also went to hibernation cancelling a bunch of radio interviews, live performances and she was also banned from French radio stations.

Are you actually implying

West Coast was a bad idea

In a thead about a shit collab she did

with two soulless mainstream disney channel barbies?

:rip:

:eartha: 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Th denial is real.

Dan A was BELOVED by critics and his album won multiple Grammys at that point right before UV. Lana knows exactly what she did. UV was NOT a critical success she was hoping for. As for the number #1 debut.....Did BTD debut at #1 that was her best selling album btw.....

UV got #1 only due to the fact that it was a highly anticipated second album preceding BTD which was a record breaking star launching debut album. The album fell off a cliff and has no longevity like BTD.

Many said she would be done after that album which is more or less a sophomore slump.

And about the tour....that was AN ENTIRE YEAR after the album launched.

I'm not in denial of anything? I just find it odd you're downplaying the success and everything else that's happened since 2014? Again, what does all this have to do with "Don't Call Me Angel"? If it was "too slow" for radio-play, which makes me laugh thinking about it- why did Ariana ask Lana to hop on the song knowing her style, and why did Lana's part get the okay in the final cut? She's had plenty of other collabs that didn't make it because the other artist either scrapped their entire project or it didn't lead to anything. This song was going to come out one way or another because it's part of a mainstream soundtrack for a movie they're trying to heavily promote. Why cut out one of the artists featured on it, when the main artist- Ariana- made it clear she wanted both Miley and Lana on the track and she's been promoting it that way since they teased it?  :facepalm:

Random thought... could’ve worked better if they switched Ariana and Miley’s parts and that structure could’ve added the potential to have a little story line in that video- ugh it just bugs me that Ariana’s part bores me now when I bother to listen this song.