Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Nintendo Switch (& Games) Thread

First time making this sort of thread, so bear w me. Life's been getting monotonous, as busy as it is too. Made a status update about this like a month ago or so, a handful of peeps got discussing what their favorite games were etc. nd after some careful thinking back n forth, and really just tired of overdoing self-adventures yada yada- gave in and got a switch. giphy.gif

Let's discuss which games ya guys like, review vids, up n coming games. The lite just became a thing, wonder how that'll work between people with that, and the original console. Lemme leave this here as a discussion-start-point :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrWpDbK1HVs

Let's play multiplayer? Currently just Splatoon 2, nd just installed BotW to get lost in when I need to just get away from the everyday routine. 
Ya guys can share friend codes with each other pref thru pm's if u guys want. Let's try making a switch community here, and see how far we go. I honestly just wanna be able to compete w other peeps on Smash and Kart, all that kinda stuff for fun. (I'll be getting those games forsure, forsure as time goes by.) Ohmygod I just remembered about Pokemon, but I'm still a bit iffy on that bc I don't wanna just play the same game on a diff console, they've got some upgrades to go thru imo- 

Alright, let's get this thing going. ei8uxwago5hduiptaoqv.gif

Favorite games? Recs? 

list of current games:

tba

game reviews:

tba

Multiplayer and co-op friendly games:

tba

The classics:

tba

Gameplay reviews nd walkthrough databases:

tba

I'll update the thread more and more as time goes- giphy.gif

Happy gaming Lanaboards ~ tenor.gif?itemid=8116102

UV/Honeymoon

Great thread! As for friend codes maybe send them to each other via PMs unless you don't care about it being searchable via google. I'll make a more detailed contribution to the thread later, but I'm obsessed with Tetris 99 at the moment  :deadbanana:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Great thread! As for friend codes maybe send them to each other via PMs unless you don't care about it being searchable via google. I'll make a more detailed contribution to the thread later, but I'm obsessed with Tetris 99 at the moment  :deadbanana:

Pm's it is then! Or I guess it's up to the users, but pm's would be safer imo, lemme edit it, and thanks! Looking forward to it. Is it like Tetris on steroids? Lol 

UV/Honeymoon

Pm's it is then! Or I guess it's up to the users, but pm's would be safer imo, lemme edit it, and thanks! Looking forward to it. Is it like Tetris on steroids? Lol 

Battle Royale Tetris lmaooo. You vs 98 other players clearing lines to 'send' lines to other players. Last player standing wins!

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

had my switch for close to a year now & i love it!

my list of games so far

• breath of the wild (one of my favorite games ever. logged almost 200 hours and i'm still deeply obsessed)
  • super smash bros (i'm not very good but i have a lot of fun lmao)
  • mario kart
  • super mario maker 2
  • pokemon lets go eevee (not my fave)
  • crash bandicoot trilogy (the controls for this are still super frustrating imo)
  • deltarune chapter 1
  • donut county

idc about my friend code privacy i guess lol so mine is SW-2101-0475-1445!

Battle Royale Tetris lmaooo. You vs 98 other players clearing lines to 'send' lines to other players. Last player standing wins!

Oh shit. That actually sounds pretty intense ahahahahahahahaha :ohsnap: Gl tho .. . :ohsnap:

I'm literally considering prostitution just so I can afford a Switch.

Pls don't do that. Go borrow a friend's or something :rollin: edit: try ebay or gamestop, they usually have em cheaper etc

had my switch for close to a year now & i love it!

my list of games so far

• breath of the wild (one of my favorite games ever. logged almost 200 hours and i'm still deeply obsessed)
  • super smash bros (i'm not very good but i have a lot of fun lmao)
  • mario kart
  • super mario maker 2
  • pokemon lets go eevee (not my fave)
  • crash bandicoot trilogy (the controls for this are still super frustrating imo)
  • deltarune chapter 1
  • donut county
idc about my friend code privacy i guess lol so mine is SW-2101-0475-1445!
I'm checking out the not so well-known ones ya provided. I'll add ya when I feel less like a noob LMAO

UV/Honeymoon

I got my Switch as a birthday gift in 2017 with Zelda:BotW and Mario Kart 8 but didn't dare to pick it up until a year later, mostly because I didn't want to get addicted when I had to study instead. If you guys know me, I adore Zelda games so can you imagine the willpower I had to not touch it for so long?? :poordat:

Anyway, if I were to make a list of games too...

Games I've played:

• Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Hardly needs a description since the Zelda games are classics just like Super Mario. BotW has a Metacritic score of 97 (whew!) and really brings something new to the series without taking away much of the classic elements (adventuring, fighting bosses, saving the world/a kingdom). However, I really miss the classic dungeons! And without spoiling too much, I felt like the final boss was too easy to beat - I had to beat it twice just to make sure that was it lol. Anyway, there's always something to do in the game (I've spent 200+ hours on mine and I still haven't found all 900 korok seeds, and I added the DLC pack some month ago too), I LOVE the backstory and pretty much everything else. A brilliant game, from the minimalistic music to the survival mode in the beginning of the game. And dang, I don't think I've ever felt with Princess Zelda so much before, she's definitely my favorite princess in the whole series.
  • Super Mario Odyssey. I LOVE THIS GAME. Seriously, just buy it, I doubt you'll regret it. I think I've spent 80-90 hours on it so far and haven't fully completed it yet. It's been quite some time since I last loved a Mario game like this.
  • Ôkami. I've played it on Playstation, but it got a new HD release for Switch. A bit similar to the Zelda games (adventuring across a country, having a sidekick, talking to villagers and helping them) but the artstyle is completely different. Inspired by Japanese folklore, you're the sun goddess Amaterasu, a white wolf with a paint brush and has to bring peace back to Nippon (ancient Japan). I've finished it at least twice and it's a really cute game.
  • Ni no Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch. The design of the game is by Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away, My Neighbor Tororo, Princess Mononoke etc) so it's really pretty and cute. I've only played a part of this game on Playstation (a couple of years ago so I don't remember much - studies came in between so I never had time to continue and finish it) but you're a boy who turns out to be a wizard. I really liked this game and would like to finish it one day. Look it up on Youtube, I bet videos there can tell you more about it than I can.
  • Mario Kart 8. A classic Mario Kart game with a twist and more character to choose. It's fun to play with my brother. :)
  • Splatoon 2. I only gave this game a try for about an hour and I didn't like the controls. I didn't really like the game, but maybe I never gave it a real chance and should play it with someone else.

Demos I've tried:

• Katamari Damacy REROLL. This game is one of the weirdest and funniest ones I've tried lmao, please download the demo and play with friends or family! You're like the prince of some Space king or god or I dunno, it's just weird, and you go down to earth to pick up trash from surfaces. xD Might not sound very fun but trust me, it is. Check it out on youtube.
  • Captain Toad. A cute puzzle game with Captain Toad from Mario Odyssey. :)
  • Yoshi's Crafted World. Sooooooo adorable!! I'd love this game if I was younger (ah who am I lying to, I still really liked it lol). The artstyle is adorable and the demo is a bit too easy but it looks better in video clips of the full game. I love the Shy Guys in the game, I need more of them in Mario games.
  • Box Boy x Box Girl. A really minimalistic looking game with no dialogue (at least not in the demo) and I didn't think it was very fun to play by myself - but boy was it fun to cooperate with a family member and accidentally kill the other when you pressed a button by mistake. xD It's a puzzle game and forces you to think a bit to complete the levels.
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun. Use your joy-cons as drum sticks and try your best to keep up with the rhythm. Really fun to play "Overture from 'Orpheus in the Underworld'" with others and compare your results.
  • Kirby Star Allies. I tried it and realized it wasn't for me. :B
  • Pokémon: Let's go, Pikachu/Eevee. I never really played a real Pokémon game before because you could only be one player per game card so I grew up watching my brothers play the games instead. I collected the playcards instead. =P I tried the demo, but I don't know...
  • Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the Necrodancer. This shit is HARD! Or maybe it’s just me who’s bad at it lol. It’s a rhythm and puzzle game where you have to move and fight to the rhythm of the song that’s playing. This time, the developers were permitted to borrow the land of Hyrule (from the Zelda games) and it’s classic theme songs to create this game. I really like that they contacted several music hobby producers from Youtube(?) who also love the Zelda series to create the remixed songs for the game. I don’t think I’ll buy the real thing though, the demo is simply too difficult for me so I’ll stick to the real Zelda games instead.

Games I wanna play:

• Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I got to see my friend play the game last week and it looked really good. I wasn't sure about the trailer for it but I think I might've changed my mind now - I'll see if I can steal my brother's copy when he's done with the game lol. I've only played one FE game before (Path of Radiance for Gamecube) so I'm fairly used to this strategic game.
  • Zelda: BotW 2. Really, it's just untitled so far BUT OOOOHHHMAAIIIGAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD the freaking trailer from E3!!! :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: It looks very promising and I can't wait to play it!! I won't type more than this, but to say I'm excited for it is an understatement!
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I've played the previous Smash Bros. (64, Melee, Brawl) and I haven't actively looked for video clips of the latest game in the series so I don't really know what to expect, but it looks awsome. :3
  • Luigi's Mansion 3. I've never played the two first games (but I wanted to!) and the trailer from E3 looked awesome. I really wanna play it and will buy it someday.
  • Zelda: Link's Awakening. A remake of an earlier game of the series that I've never had the chance to play before (and I have something like a personal goal to play them all one day lol), I can't wait until my brother comes home and gives me the game. He promised to get it for me while he's in Japan. ♥
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I remember playing Wild World when I was a pre-teen-teen and these days I play Pocket Camp (the app for phones). I'm not completely sure if I wanna get the game (I might be over the whole "collect everything" thing, or maybe the phone game ruined things for me lol) but it looked nice in the trailer. :3
  • Untitled Goose Game. Honk. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Final Fantasy, Pokémon, Dragon Quest, Ni no Kuni, maybe even Fire Emblem. You can look them up a bit closer and then decide. :)

Thank you, kind soul :kiss3:

tumblr_inline_prgbduTkuG1qavffs_500.png

Priorities. :hooker: But Animal Crossing and Super Mario Odyssey are on my list as well.

I have both but I haven't played the latter yet. I wanna play it when I can really give it my full attention whereas with Animal Crossing my strat is to  just throw stuff around my island and then not log in for 3 days

At least you got the correct colour. The coral one is :heart:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I have both but I haven't played the latter yet. I wanna play it when I can really give it my full attention whereas with Animal Crossing my strat is to just throw stuff around my island and then not log in for 3 days

At least you got the correct colour. The coral one is :heart:

The way you can truly ~create~ your island seems super fun, yup. Not being able to really change anything about my town is something that quite annoyed me in Wild World and New Leaf and made playing a bit of a chore sooner or later.

But yeah, I've been wanting to play Link's Awakening since much before they actually announced the Switch remake (and I even get a free A2 poster with it lol), and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is like my favourite video game series and this game's art style is literally the cutest thing ever (the main series could NEVER!), so I simply had to get it first.

And yes, if it wasn't for the coral option, I would've refused to buy a Switch and waited for other colour variants skskskks.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Yes hello, it is I (again). The Switch Lite is on its way, now I also need a case/carrying bag for whenever I take it somewhere. Unfortunately the "official" ones all look ugly and either super childish or super straight. What kind of cases are y'all using for your Switches? Are there any websites where you can design your own ones? (I definitely want an actual bag and not just one of those plastic shells/skins/whatever you call them.)

Alternatively, I've been thinking about just getting a cute makeup bag that has the right measurements from Etsy or something, but I don't know lol. But yeah, please let me know what you guys are using. :)

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif