Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana Del Rey & Elton John cover “Rolling Stone” November 2019 issue (+ interview)

Nice interview; she looks gorgeous  :flutter:

giphy.gif

I wonder why she keeps talking about being restricted with her family and opening up fully... like was she abused? I remember someone on her had a conspiracy from one of her poems that her and her mom had a toxic possible relationship? kinda interested what she means... saying she still has family alive 

I wonder why she keeps talking about being restricted with her family and opening up fully... like was she abused? I remember someone on her had a conspiracy from one of her poems that her and her mom had a toxic possible relationship? kinda interested what she means... saying she still has family alive 

I get a vibe of «passive agressive» situation in her family, don't know why though. 

2019 is her year.

The acclaim for the album, the recognition by her peers, the collabs with major artists in the industry  and now the praise by Elton John?!?! Grammy noms are a safe bet at this point. 

I remember  a rumour I heard years ago (but I think it was on Instagram or somewhere under a Youtubevideo but I'm not sure)

Someone said that Lana had a argue with  at least her father and they  haven't talked for years. And that  was a reason why she moved to the Trailer park.

I mean after I read the part with her family I really believe that there is a bigger secret which has to do with her family. But idk if the rumour is true or if the rumour makes sense. . I guess we will hear the secret never or in 10-20 years.

This is true, she brought it up in response to the allegations that her daddy bought her carreer. She said that after she decided to be a singer her family was not supportive and they didn't talk for several years. Then one day her dad randomly came and saw her sing and when he saw how much she loved it he finally ~ got it ~ and after that they were on good terms again.

he's garbage. i'm mad for her that she has to share the cover with him. i'm infuriated that he's in her photos - he's trash. trash trash trash.

uhh... please educate yourself down the yellow brick road. if it weren’t for him, a lot of things would be very, very different. he paved the way for mainstream media to support gays, the same way Ellen did. He’s an ICON no matter if you do or don’t like his music. Just like Michael Jackson, who, no matter what you think about his music, is still iconic. I know MJ did some shitty things and i know EJ isn’t the best person ever but in this conversation he seems so genuinely happy about her musical direction.

He’s seen the prog/art rock generation come and go and now resurge with the uses of the mellotron. He’s seen rock n roll completely change, he’s seen pop music flip between different generations and he’s still musically involved with today’s music even now. He might be trash to you, but some of us really appreciate him and some of his opinions (and the fact that he sat down and did this with Lana. He’s getting old and his death is probably going to be sooner than a lot of us expect which will be a very, very sad day for me so please... chill.)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

She said she was selling out arenas before her SNL gig. I must have missed those shows. (I think she did too)

Mess :rip:

Yeah, I found that part weird too. The only way for this to be true is if a tour had been announced right after the BTD release and it was selling super well, and then SNL happened (as in: I was feeling out arenas for UPCOMING shows). 

For the record: I wasn't a stan back then, so I don't remember perfectly all the chronology of those days. 

side note: i'm honestly just grateful that there were no talking points or questions about trump/politics/kanye (at least that's what i remember)

Totally agree with you. 

Other question I can't take anymore: How did you come up with the title? :toofunny: (at least, she's consistent on her answer for that one) 

This is true, she brought it up in response to the allegations that her daddy bought her carreer. She said that after she decided to be a singer her family was not supportive and they didn't talk for several years. Then one day her dad randomly came and saw her sing and when he saw how much she loved it he finally ~ got it ~ and after that they were on good terms again.

So what do we know about Lana's mom?  I never heard or seen a peep about her.  Clearly she's not in the picture anymore?  Parents divorced?  Lana is estranged from her?  It's just hitting me now that somehow Lana's been completely silent about her mom.  Or has she?

26vMNDz.gif

Yeah, I found that part weird too. The only way for this to be true is if a tour had been announced right after the BTD release and it was selling super well, and then SNL happened (as in: I was feeling out arenas for UPCOMING shows). 

For the record: I wasn't a stan back then, so I don't remember perfectly all the chronology of those days. 

I recently got super interested in her BTD Tour back in 2011. Due to high demand and having completely sold out shows in small venues they had to push back most dates and move to larger venues, but I don't believe any arena shows were part of the 2011 tour.

8nl2OpX.png

So what do we know about Lana's mom?  I never heard or seen a peep about her.  Clearly she's not in the picture anymore?  Parents divorced?  Lana is estranged from her?  It's just hitting me now that somehow Lana's been completely silent about her mom.  Or has she?

the only thing I can remember from her mom is in the 2014 Rolling Stone article where she called Lana a "truly terrible waitress" or something like that, which is...an interesting thing to say about your daughter in a big magazine cover story, especially if that's your only comment. Or at least the only comment that they put in the article. 

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/6510-speculations-on-lana-relationship-with-her-mother/page-1?hl=%20lana%20%20and%20%20her%20%20mother%20%20speculation

Check out this thread :D