Elle

Lana at Overland Sheepskin Co. in Omaha, NE - November 13, 2019

You people will defend her until the end! I better watch my back I think! My sides, front, I better look up and down, in fact I'm really scared right now! Nobody needs a real fur teddy bear to survive in 2020, natives try to use all parts of an animal in order not to waste the animal's purpose on Earth but that is just barbaric and sickening to think someone wants to snuggle a dead animal's coat instead of donating to save living animals that need our help! But that is her Free Will and she will suffer her own fate for choosing it in this life or the next!

So disappointed! She's really fallen in with the wrong pack!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-thirsty-koalas-devastated-by-recent-fires

Sad. As someone who loves animals and doesn't eat any meat, makes me sad she's promoting the fur of these dead rabbits. For some reason I'm not shocked. 

Yikes.................

I Dont even know what to say, except that this situation kind of confirms my theory that Lana is a spoiled brat that doesnt really care about social movements except when her marketing team says so

i don't even think it's her marketing team that dictates it, imo she just goes through phases (the political phase, the witchcraft phase, the silver lake lifestyle phase, the vegetarian phase, etc. etc.) but they're always pretty surface level because they never last very long, thus all the contradictions and actions that don't match her past words. this being said, i also agree that she doesn't give a shit about social movements, not really.

Are we sure that is real leather and real fur? Cause you know that exists a thing called vegan leather that it feels and looks like real leather. And the same thing goes for fur. So before things escalates we know if it’s real or not?

Are we sure that is real leather and real fur? Cause you know that exists a thing called vegan leather that it feels and looks like real leather. And the same thing goes for fur. So before things escalates we know if it’s real or not?

The links to the products are in Elle's original post.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i don't even think it's her marketing team that dictates it, imo she just goes through phases (the political phase, the witchcraft phase, the silver lake lifestyle phase, the vegetarian phase, etc. etc.) but they're always pretty surface level because they never last very long, thus all the contradictions and actions that don't match her past words. this being said, i also agree that she doesn't give a shit about social movements, not really.

So what's this phase called?

"Fuck The Environment - And All The Beautiful Creatures In It"?

literally no one: defends her

y'all:

I think that comment is due to the fact that people in this fan base have a tendency to gloss over absolutely everything she does. It's just too inconvenient for some to accept that the woman they stan and revolve their entire existence around isn't really that wonderful of a person, especially lately.

I think that comment is due to the fact that people in this fan base have a tendency to gloss over absolutely everything she does. It's just too inconvenient for some to accept that the woman they stan and revolve their entire existence around isn't really that wonderful of a person, especially lately.

tea

Okay, but you're at the other end of the spectrum in that you can't see anything wrong in anything she does, ever. It's not really any better. In fact, I'd argue that it's worse.

If you seriously think it's okay for Lana (or, anyone - but more so Lana because she can literally afford to buy just about anything) to be shopping for fur and animal skin products in 20-fucking-19, then you're just as bad as she is.

Stick your head in the sand, though, by all means.

Why do people really think this though. If we were outlawing things based on helping the environment surely using animal products would be a good thing, there is no downside to it - it already exists and you barely have to do anything to it to turn it to clothes you don't even need machinery if you don't want. Faux fur is much worse than real fur, it's plastic and causes severe pollution to make and then disgard of - it makes no sense to me how the bad thing is seen as good and the good thing is seen as bad here.

Why do people really think this though. If we were outlawing things based on helping the environment surely using animal products would be a good thing, there is no downside to it - it already exists and you barely have to do anything to it to turn it to clothes you don't even need machinery if you don't want. Faux fur is much worse than real fur, it's plastic and causes severe pollution to make and then disgard of - it makes no sense to me how the bad thing is seen as good and the good thing is seen as bad here.

I think the real issue comes down to the farming/slaughtering practices when it comes to (most/not all) furs. If you check Elle's links, it seems the furs from this company comes from China which is notorious for animal cruelty in the farming industry and there are ample videos of live animals being blanched in vats of boiling water to purge the fur off for leather and animals being skinned alive and then the meat is usually discarded. I cant say for a fact that is what THIS company is doing, but that's what most do. I try to buy leather that's in state and from free range farms / tan my own hides then take the hides to speciality taylors.

I think the real issue comes down to the farming/slaughtering practices when it comes to (most/not all) furs. If you check Elle's links, it seems the furs from this company comes from China which is notorious for animal cruelty in the farming industry and there are ample videos of live animals being blanched in vats of boiling water to purge the fur off for leather and animals being skinned alive and then the meat is usually discarded. I cant say for a fact that is what THIS company is doing, but that's what most do. I try to buy leather that's in state and from free range farms / tan my own hides then take the hides to speciality taylors.

Yeah that is a problem, I would say if you are killing animals for food then you can use the skin but I wouldn't like to allow killing them for the skin only and definitely not skinning or boiling them alive.

China is still mostly very poor which is why their treatment of animals is worse as peoples way of life is much worse also. We think nothing that a lot of stuff we buy is made in China were workers are like slaves making our computers, phones and clothing.