Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful Loser

Lana Del Rey receives 2 Nominations for the 62nd Grammy Awards - Album of the Year & Song of the Year

(Mods, move this to the news section later, I’m too impatient to wait for the mod approval)

Lana Del Rey was just nominated twice by the Grammy Academy Award for Norman Fucking Rockwell! - song of the year and album of the year! Let’s celebrate!! :party:

2. Album Of The Year
Award to Artist(s) and to Featured Artist(s), Songwriter(s) of new material, Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s), Mixer(s) and Mastering Engineer(s) credited with at least 33% playing time of the album, if other than Artist.
  • NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL!
    Lana Del Rey
    Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, producers; Jack Antonoff & Laura Sisk, engineers/mixers; Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, songwriters; Chris Gehringer, mastering engineer

3. Song Of The Year
A Songwriter(s) Award. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.

• NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL
    Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, songwriters (Lana Del Rey)

Also worth mentioning, Jack Antonoff is nominated for Producer of the year! (another nominee is Dan Auerbach who produced Lana's Ultraviolence album - interesting!)

70. Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical
A Producer's Award. (Artists names appear in parentheses.)

• JACK ANTONOFF

• Arizona Baby (Kevin Abstract) (A)
• Lover (Taylor Swift) (A)
• Norman F***ing Rockwell! (Lana Del Rey) (A)
• Red Hearse (Red Hearse) (A)​

And Lana, if you truly are lurking here, I'll take the liberty to say that all of us here on LanaBoards wish you good luck and

bYEL.gif

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Those AOTY nominees are horrible. Lil Nas X? WHAT? Like are they serious with this shit? Lana better snag this. I'll settle for Ariana but fuck... Lana really needs to take this. 

Idk why they didn't nominate Doin' Time as song of the year because that one did really well. I don't think locals really know of NFR :tsk:

Song of the Year is awarded for a single or for one track from an album. This award goes to the songwriter who actually wrote the lyrics and/or melodies to the song. "Song" in this context means the song as composed, not its recording.

Maybe they should've gone for TG instead though but even a nomination is still amazing 

Song of the Year is awarded for a single or for one track from an album. This award goes to the songwriter who actually wrote the lyrics and/or melodies to the song. "Song" in this context means the song as composed, not its recording.

Maybe they should've gone for TG instead though but even a nomination is still amazing 

Ohhhh gotcha 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Song of the year - a SONGWRITER'S award!!

All motherfucking critics wrote in their reviews how Lana established herself as one of the best songwriters out there, how she achieved this true songwriter status etc.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

i don't think she'll win SOTY bc NFR (song) didn't have nowhere near the mainstream projection / appeal as some of the others on that list (namely Truth Hurts & Bad Guy) but bias aside i2sg she's the most deserving nom in the AOTY list. if she doesn't win that, i'll be really disappointed.