Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful Loser

Lana Del Rey receives 2 Nominations for the 62nd Grammy Awards - Album of the Year & Song of the Year

Yntcd was such a bullshit song. The video portrayed that only country people or illiterates are homophobes while in reality that's not true at all. So many business class people are cut throat homophobes and do alot of shit to bring others down.

Β 

Also it was fake af that suddenly she decides to fight for LGBTQ rights just to promote her album and stuff. Lameeeee. Why hasnt she addressed so many issues related to LGBTQ yet...she kinda stopped everything after YNTCD dropped and got some acclaim for cultural statements.

Β 

Just a nasty white woman playing off minorities.

Congratulations Lana! AOTY and SOTY?! Wow. And for Norman Fucking Rockwell!2? Anything is possible.

Β 

I'm just over here thinking that she should've been nominated and win song of the year in 2015 for West Coast, if there's really a song in her catalog that deserves to be revered as revolutionary and on which she pushed her sound forward, that is West Coast.

Β 

Anyway, good luck Lana you're up against pretty strong contenders (and I really mean popular) in your categories.

Is there a "higher class" music awards than the Grammys? like one that doesn't really bother about popularity and is seen as more of a music purists thing?

Outsold flop u, next

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Is there a "higher class" music awards than the Grammys? like one that doesn't really bother about popularity and is seen as more of a music purists thing?

Β 

the Polar Music Prize

Β 

winners:

paul mccartney

quincy jones

elton john

joni mitchell

bruce springsteen

stevie wonder

bob dylan

bb king

led zeppelin

pink floyd

bjork

patti smith

metallica

Β 

among others...

Β 

this year they awarded Playing for Change (from the Playing for Change Foundation)

Β 

it's basically the Nobel of music

Β 

i am absolutely sure they'll give it to Lana in this new decade...

Β 

Not that I know of, literally every single award shows are rigged and a popular contest nowadays. Popularity, exposure, reviews and sales seem to be the determining factors in who gets the cake.

Β 

Except Polar price, but that's out of Lana's league. Although, time will tell.

lizzo got 8 nominations because she takes up 3 seats

Yikes

chile im quoting azealeaΒ  :facepalm:Β  PLEASE

Β 

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by Elle
Be respectful

Β 

The Mercury Prize is very prestigious and unlike most other awards, it seems to be a lot more about music as an art form than about commercial success, but then again it doesn't really count since only albums by British or Irish artists are eligible.Β 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

This is huge for our girl but watch her get snubbed. i swear if shittaylor wins.....

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I don't know much about, but I saw once on twitter someone saying Ivor Novello is very prestigious? And Lana has one! Teehee!Β  :party:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

even bigger Yikes!

YOUR NAME IS SUN CHILD!!!! BYE.... your real name probably maylee and i just know you look like a cabbage patch doll..white pasty boring straight tennessee fat bitch. GET A GRIPΒ 

Β 

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by Elle
Be respectful towards other users

Β 

So happy she has this affirmation. She really already won regardless of who takes home the trophy because the calibre of the other nominees means this clearly isn't about the quality of work they are producing. I'm just glad she now has a AOTY nomination under her belt - it really wasn't a given she would be nominated regardless of how brilliant the album is.Β 

Β 

I have nothing against Lil Nas X but how on earth did an EP full of minute-long ringtones get nominated for Album of The Year. It's a joke but thank god Ed Sheehan didn't get nominated so I'm happy!!!

The fact they rewrote the rules just so they could nominate Lizzo's 2 year old song at every opportunity is a joke but hey

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

YOUR NAME IS SUN CHILD!!!! BYE.... white pasty boring straight tennessee fat bitch. GET A GRIP

Β 

dude chill out lol wtf?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Yntcd was such a bullshit song. The video portrayed that only country people or illiterates are homophobes while in reality that's not true at all. So many business class people are cut throat homophobes and do alot of shit to bring others down.

Β 

Also it was fake af that suddenly she decides to fight for LGBTQ rights just to promote her album and stuff. Lameeeee. Why hasnt she addressed so many issues related to LGBTQ yet...she kinda stopped everything after YNTCD dropped and got some acclaim for cultural statements.

Β 

Just a nasty white woman playing off minorities.

Not true lol This was brought up to her and she said it's based off of a group that shows up outside her concerts and protests against her.Β 

Β 

Also about the LGBTQ support: she has probably done more to support LGBTQ people in the short time that she openly did than you have your whole life so sit down. She won't stop now and saying that is such a cheap way to just hate on someone. If it's so important to you that artists go on and on about "I LOVE GAYS" then why do you stan Lana? lol