Sign in to follow this  
Kurac na Biciklu

Alanis Morissette

I can not believe there is no thread about Alanis Morissette!

She is releasing a new song tomorrow after almost 9 years!

The new song is called Reasons I drink

the album title is ...

Such Pretty Forks in the Road

I can not believe there is no thread about Alanis Morissette!

She is releasing a new song tomorrow after almost 9 years!

The new song is called Reasons I drink

the album title is ...

Such Pretty Forks in the Road

The album Havoc and Bright Lights was 2012, so "nine years" is a little off (unless you're not counting HABL, which I, and a lot of critics, thought ended her career). She was one of my first pop musical "crushes", and I am hoping she comes back hard (aka angrily) and successfully. No news on the producer?

^

Ouch, that bodes ill. The video/single isn't available in my dimension yet, so I can't judge anything. I like her stuff prior to HABL (which is meh compared to her earlier work) and I think her self-banished "Alanis" albums, in the early 90s (where she's sort of like Britney Spears way before Britney Spears), is underrated.  Anyway, it's weird when people I think are creative decline, and therefore interesting (and depressing) to witness, but I still hope she'll make a comeback by producing something of merit. A lot has happened since 2012.

Nice interview. As much as I hate the idea of turning any seminal pop album (e.g., Jagged Little Pill) into a Broadway musical, I really, really liked the idea that she would only let them do it, if they could retrofit a non-autobiographical plot to the songs (and there's supposed to be two new ones by her, as well).

Reasons I Drink is OK, I'm warming up to it. Yeah, it's like the Sande song, but only on the (basic) piano beat, and the  chorus seems characteristically hers. Her voice is definitely older, but still powerful and recognizably hers.