SXTH LXX

CL (Former Leader of 2NE1)

2ne1-cl.jpg

Lee Chae-rin (born February 26, 1991, better known by her stage name CL, is a South Korean recording artist. She was born in Seoul, South Korea and spent much of her early life in Japan and France. She trained in YJP Entertainment before joining YG Entertainment, and became a member of the girl group 2NE1 which debuted in 2009. CL's first solo single, "The Baddest Female", was released on 28 May 2013 in South Korea and released her song "MTBD (Mental Breakdown)" on 27 February 2014 which was her solo song on 2NE1's 2014 album "CRUSH". On October 15 of 2014, it was announced that CL was planning to debut as a solo artist the following year in the United States and then released "Dirty Vibe", a song by Skrillex featuring Diplo, CL and G-Dragon. Teaming up with Diplo and touring with him and Skrillex on their Jack U tour from the start of 2015, since then CL released her new collaboration with Diplo called "Doctor Pepper" which features rappers OG Maco and Riff Raff. On November 21 2015 CL released her new song "Hello Bitches" which is going to feature on her solo debut EP "Lifted" coming this fall.

Twitter: www.twitter.com/chaelincl

Facebook: www.facebook.com/chaelincl

Instagram: www.instagram.com/chaelincl

Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/chaelincl

Hello Bitches:

Doctor Pepper w/ Diplo, OG Maco & Riff Raff:

Dirty Vibe w/ Skrillex, Diplo & G-Dragon:

MTBD (Mental Breakdown):

The Baddest Female:

I like kind of like her solo music in the like the same vein that I can enjoy and Iggy Azalea song, its garbage, but its got a nice beat and a catchy hook but I also get mad "Iggy Azalea/Appropriation" vibes from her and how forced this "urban" image and sound comes across.

she's really not going to properly happen in the US

agreed

-

she needs to just bail and go back to Korea, I don't get why she wants the US so much, she's doing fine back home with 2NE1 smh

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

agreed

-

she needs to just bail and go back to Korea, I don't get why she wants the US so much, she's doing fine back home with 2NE1 smh

far more people would be hyped up for a new 2NE1 album than CL solo work. I mean even in the US the group's album sales would be better

I really hate when an artist's management says she's be a household name and then let her release stuff like that

BzhmW.png

Queen CL of 2NE1 fame is finally back and releasing solo music following her contract with YG Entertainment ended.

Solo Tracks under YG

Baddest Female

Hello Bitches

Lifted

"In The Name of Love" tracks (Indie)

This is an EP being released over 3 weeks, two tracks at a time.

+DONE161201+

+REWIND170205+

+PARADOX171115+

+I QUIT180327+

The new tracks also has subtitles in different languages translating the lyrics, a multilingual queen!

Discuss this legend

:flutter:

j14CYJi.png

(As a fan of all the members of 2NE1, I'd rather see a thread dedicated to them all but) I'M SO PROUD OF MY GIRLS THIS YEAR AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Considering the girls are no longer together, that I'm so excited she's releasing music after 3 years and haven't seen anyone discussing this in the K-Pop thread I decided to make her her own!

j14CYJi.png

I gotta say, I literally hate k-pop (not bc of the annoying Stans... even tho they are really... fucking annoying) mostly bc I know how evil the industry is in Korea and how hard they make artists work and how poorly they get treated, but I gotta say that new CL song is actually so refreshing to hear, and I like the message behind it a lot.  :flutter:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

(I can't click on the quote buttons? Hmm.)

That's because the k-pop thread is dead, even I don't bother commenting in it because I feel like no one really cares. And I guess I don't care much either because I'm only a fan of a few groups and solo artists.

I hate the k-pop industry too - and they internet trolls are allowed to cyber bully celebs (women in particular) how much they want, until the celebs drop dead. But I will still support the artists I like, they're human too with a dream to perform and make other people happy with their music. They're (mostly) not shitty, the industry is. I didn't stream 2NE1's songs on Spotify for a long time because the money would probably go to their old label since half of the group left after some time (and now, only Dara is left to my knowledge - I hope she leaves YG too). But, than again, YG Ent. is one of few labels who gives their artists quite a lot of the sales to their artists. Most other labels keep the money to theirselves. I also like to think that YG let their artists rest in between comebacks (which I don't really have any proof of than that it takes some time for them to do comebacks). I know there are labels who makes their artists travel across the country and perform at three festivals in the same day etc. It's not healthy, and neither is the hush-hush culture of mental illness and depression in the industry.

TL;DR: Yes, the k-pop industry is trash and a lot of things need to change drastically.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png