Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

Where's my kaomoji in that quote above (-᷅_-᷄๑)

Edit: crap, a new page... uh, I meant, "Where's my kaomoji in that last quote in the previous page (-᷅_-᷄๑)"

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

it's coming with the Cherry music video, Pretty When You Cry music video, Black Beauty music video, Dark Paradise music video, 25 unreleased songs album, revived tour setlist, re-release of AKA, the film she's working on since Honeymoon and the folk single Yosemite

be patient.

HURRAY !

giphy.gif

-

it's coming with the Cherry music video, Pretty When You Cry music video, Black Beauty music video, Dark Paradise music video, 25 unreleased songs album, revived tour setlist, re-release of AKA, the film she's working on since Honeymoon and the folk single Yosemite

be patient.

queen of illusions 

Remain calm. This is not new news. Just sharing from the classic Bowie album Hunky Dory 1971. Until you get Lana's poetry maybe this will do.

The tactful cactus by your window

Surveys the prairie of your room

The mobile spins to its collision

Clara puts her head between her paws

They've opened shops down the West side

Will all the cacti find a home

But the key to the city

Is in the sun that pins

The branches to the sky, oh, oh, oh

Apparantly sharing snippets of her entire project is a better idea than releasing the damn thing, according to her its about boring your audience to death so that nobody cares about it when you finally release the thing, great marketing strategy

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Yeah she said she’s gonna release this in winter and donate proceeds to charity for Native Americans...

But I think she realized her contribution could be as small as hoping her words could turn to birds and birds will send her thoughts their way

be patient.

You forgot the Pacific bLuE covers album

Where is she?

It’s NFR all over again: she started teasing the damn thing over a year ago and is more active on socials these days. So it’s coming soon?!?

But honestly, agree with you, where is the bich?

You forgot the Pacific bLuE covers album

I don’t even think it was near to be a serious project or something she really wanted to do, more like a « Hey that would be cool to do when I’m 50 » kinda thing. We have more chances of getting Yosemite in the near future than to get Pacific Blue.

Apparantly sharing snippets of her entire project is a better idea than releasing the damn thing, according to her its about boring your audience to death so that nobody cares about it when you finally release the thing, great marketing strategy

Snippets Del Rey is back at it again with the delayed projects. Sometimes I genuinely wish Lana would either like live in secrecy and only manifest when she actually has something properly done and finished to present and stop playing cat and mouse games with her fans.

Violet bent backwards over the grass
with her hair in a mess bc of online, classes 
ne'er did she think it'd take so long of hours 
for her to complete her assignments 
she's run out of nasonex and daylight 
yes. in fact. she is a gopher
springtime is almost over, we are enjoying lemonade now. 

UV/Honeymoon

I feel like she might drop it for her birthday for some reason

It makes sense for a poetry book, even though we always expect new music form her on her birthday that never comes through lol.

So, maybe?

I did a little digging, and since she's confirmed shes working with Simon & Schuster, I went to their website and couldnt find any concrete confirmation that its Lana, but it looks like a poetry book by a female author, with the tags "women authors, lyrics, biography & autobiography" etc (seen here) and on their website under the product details tab here, it seems that maybe this could be Violet or her second book?

Release date is Nov 10, 2020 which would make sense with Lana's album release date (September) so that she can have an album launch and book launch. Might be a reach, but... Thoughts?

Edit- UPDATE: Searched the potential book's ISBN number and came across a website that states it has a run of 250,000 copies, and under the "Librarian's View" tab it says "LDR" 

Also, some websites had that ISBN number listed with a release date of Jan 14, 2020, which would've made sense that lana tweeted around that time that it'd be delayed again. My detective work here is done 

Edit- UPDATE: Searched the potential book's ISBN number and came across a website that states it has a run of 250,000 copies, and under the "Librarian's View" tab it says "LDR" 

Also, some websites had that ISBN number listed with a release date of Jan 14, 2020, which would've made sense that lana tweeted around that time that it'd be delayed again. My detective work here is done 

LDR is likely short for "leader" (that first line where it shows up is known as the "MARC leader" in record under the librarian view). Could still be it, though.