Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

yall r looking too deep into stuff, COCC’s the next album, as in music album. she wouldnt refer to her poetry book as her “new record”, even if it has a spoken word album.

qfrWuBl.png

Idk but she hasn’t brought up the spoken word(s) again since like January I think when she said it was delayed. I hope chemtrails is actual music and I hope at least one spoken word is coming. I feel like if she’s been putting newer poetry to music with Jack from her second book that surely violet must be done since that was the first....?

This is what I’m hoping. But then I keep feeling sceptical because that’s a lot of projects for her in a short amount of time if they really do all get released. But then part of me feels like maybe she just has a huge surge of inspiration and a lot of time on her hands right now, so it does make sense. I’m just too afraid to be optimistic lol.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

This is what I’m hoping. But then I keep feeling sceptical because that’s a lot of projects for her in a short amount of time if they really do all get released. But then part of me feels like maybe she just has a huge surge of inspiration and a lot of time on her hands right now, so it does make sense. I’m just too afraid to be optimistic lol.

Haha I feel you. I think if she she does release a second book spoken word that it won’t come out until Like next summer after the book. But what do I know. I feel like I’m getting my hopes up too thinking there will be sooooo much new material and stuff but I’m also afraid to be optimistic lol. Hopefully it all works out.

yall r looking too deep into stuff, COCC’s the next album, as in music album. she wouldnt refer to her poetry book as her “new record”, even if it has a spoken word album.

This. And she would've told us by now that there's a different name for the spoken word albums than the book titles, which she's referred to already as their given titles. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I feel like since were getting the album in September then the second book in march we should be getting violet pretty soon right? its been done since january and we have the cover but still dont know when its being released? Lanas recent activity is making me think were getting it pretty soon 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I feel like since were getting the album in September then the second book in march we should be getting violet pretty soon right? its been done since january and we have the cover but still dont know when its being released? Lanas recent activity is making me think were getting it pretty soon

A couple of us, on the other thread, think that maybe the audio book will contain the “best of” both written books. And maybe it will be out after COCC? Is she done with her second book? So many questions...

edit: wrong thread.

Does anyone have ideas on why the poetry books have been delayed?

The second book will be out in March.

As for Violet, it’s very hazy at the moment. Someone found an Amazon link that could mean that it’s coming in written form in November, by the same editor for the second book.

As for the audio book... your guess is as good as mine. It probably got reworked with Jack writing the music (in January, she did say it was sounding unpolished), and Interscope is probably on board as well. The latest poem she shared, Leather Patent, is from the second book. So it raises the question: will both books be audio? Or will the audio book be a « best of » of the best poems from both books?

the audiobook is only 30 minutes well we lost

It’s honestly not that bad for an audiobook. The poems she shared with us weren’t very long. I wasn’t expecting much more longer than that.

According to this link, the audiobook will be released on July 28th & will be 33 minutes - 

https://lana.lnk.to/audiobook

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

where do yall see this cuz it only shows a 404 page for me

Here's a screenshot of what it pulls up - 

50091718051_44e8a96f62_o.png

Here are the links it leads to:

Audible

LiBRO

kobo

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

She probably just picked her favourite 12 - 14 poems to record

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e