Sign in to follow this  
Rorman Nockwell

Cinnamon Girl versus Happiness is a Butterfly

Which song is better: Cinnamon Girl or Happiness is a Butterfly?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is better: Cinnamon Girl or Happiness is a Butterfly?

• Cinnamon Girl
    • Happiness is a Butterfly

Happiness is a Cinnamon Girl and bitterness is a @movebaby (but she's still my mate despite the shit taste)

:omfg:

love you too, dumbass (and your opinion is still wrong :P)

it's just the way i feel

Both have positives and negatives, but between the two I'd go with Cinnamon Girl, if only for the thrilling violence in its lyrics.

"Kerosene in my hands / you make me mad, I'm fire again"

Ooof. So unhinged, urgent, and precarious. They're such a great contrast to how innocuous the opening lyrics are. Also instrumentally it is more interesting than Happiness is a Butt. The drop between the intro into the second verse is one of the most satisfying points on the album, and then you have the sheer awesomeness of this weird apocalyptic outro. It could do with a bit more intensity and bass, but I can hear the car breaking to a stop as that piano twinkles on top.

Gr8 topic.

3lfQEhw.png

I prefer HIAB (currently) for the following reasons:

1) The outro to CG seems like the most Jack-fucking-around-episode on the entire record. I'll probably regret saying this if I ever find out that it was really LDR effing around, but I'll take that chance.

2) HIAB got a video treatment (some would say this is a bad thing).

3) Also "serial killer" as used in HIAB seemed perfectly understandable and relatable to me, because I knew the song Serial Killer, which I interpreted as a metaphor for someone who enjoys being in many serial relationships. However, it's horrific, if you don't have that reference/interpretation. So I guess I like the idea she's communicating with stans rather GP newbies with that line. I also like the idea that the horrific line is combined with a really corny melody. She's really showing her multitudes there.

movebaby clearly won the discussion/debate since Rorman's entire argument revolved around "i dont understand it, it doesnt make sense, what does that even mean, etc."

I will say I prefer CG however HIAB is also a very good song

Lots of breakdown about how "Happiness" is inferior, but not as much breakdown of why "Cinnamon" is better.  :um:

I like "Cinnamon Girl" more

ALSO Why was this not a poll?? Let the people speak!

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

movebaby clearly won the discussion/debate since Rorman's entire argument revolved around "i dont understand it, it doesnt make sense, what does that even mean, etc."

I will say I prefer CG however HIAB is also a very good song

thank you very much!! :kiss2: :kiss2:

it's just the way i feel

If he's a serial killer, then what's the worst

That could happen to a girl who's already hurt?

Gee, I don't know, Lanz. Maybe you could be horrifically murdered?

I mean I prefer Cinnagod God but that's literally the point ddd 

Cinnamon Girl is extremely overrated, the only part of the song that's at all interesting is the outro. Happiness Is a Butterfly is MILES better, on so many levels!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I prefer Happiness is a Butterfly personally, but they’re such different songs that it’s interesting to see them compared and contrasted. I hope people do more comparisons like this. Anyway, movebaby’s argument for Happiness was probably stronger since Rorman’s depended more on people not understanding metaphors. I like reading both sides though since both songs have pros and cons and it’s fascinating seeing how different people analyze the songs. And I agree with whoever said this should’ve been a poll.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688