Sign in to follow this  
DinahLee

New Version of NFR to be released January 10th

I could be tempted if the "other" FILLY was included. I don't think I ever watched that video? And that version is also streaming if I'm correct? I've not heard it on either. I've only heard the version on the LP and CD (that I converted to mp3s for my phone). If all they do is cut off the end of Hope and change DT I might be safe. 

like no shade but it’s so clear some of y’all never stanned anyone before, there’s so many accidental misspressings of cds, vinyls, dvds that sometimes end up being someone else’s album, an entirely different film, etc. (born to die being one of them as well)

sometimes songs are released with a glitch in the final

master (alien by britney)

some albums like bday and 4 by beyonce had their entire tracklist rearranged and even swapped their album cover in their later pressings of the physical releases and the versions online (streaming wasn’t a thing yet back then).

some albums get later pressing with radio versions/ different versions of single tracks replacing former album versions that is also not unheard of.

one album that i like got a random rerelease with a seemingly differently colour graded album cover and rearranged tracklist years after the initial release... these kind of things just happen sometimes.

i76mrxw.png 

yeah. I just picked up this weird italian record that has last 3 born to die tracks on it instead of dude's own music. 

https://www.discogs.com/Mark-Kozelek-Lana-Del-Rey-Live-At-Biko/release/7033509

like no shade but it’s so clear some of y’all never stanned anyone before, there’s so many accidental misspressings of cds, vinyls, dvds that sometimes end up being someone else’s album, an entirely different film, etc. (born to die being one of them as well)
sometimes songs are released with a glitch in the final
master (alien by britney)
some albums like bday and 4 by beyonce had their entire tracklist rearranged and even swapped their album cover in their later pressings of the physical releases and the versions online (streaming wasn’t a thing yet back then).
some albums get later pressing with radio versions/ different versions of single tracks replacing former album versions that is also not unheard of.
one album that i like got a random rerelease with a seemingly differently colour graded album cover and rearranged tracklist years after the initial release... these kind of things just happen sometimes.

What was sampled in Doin Time tho?

Hopefully this’ll be the straw that broke the camel’s back and she’ll FINALLY fire Ben and Ed

If she doesn’t fire them for ignoring a legit stalker or attacking her fans on insta i somehow doubt she’ll fire them over this

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

What was sampled in Doin Time tho?

i'm not trying to be funny at all, but maybe Doin' Time. like Sublime's Doin' Time. Also Sublime sampled Summertime by Janis Joplin so maybe she needs to credit her too or something. 

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

They said it's a sampling issue.

The only sampling occurs in Cinnamon Girl (@4:22, it's from a Bleachers track), and as Dominikk said, in the extended version of Hope (Jack's voice).

Interesting ... I'm not gonna say it

Actually, the term sample can cover anything from instrumental sounds to lyrics and phrases, so it could be refering to the drum patches if they're just a Pro Tools sample or from somewhere else!

No idea though since Doin' Time is the one getting changed . . ?

3lfQEhw.png

Doin' Time sampled the intro of Malcolm McLaren's Buffalo Gals.  I don't have a physical copy of NFR, do they list this sample in the liner notes?  If it's not, then maybe they are just adding that credit to the liner notes, and all the music will remain the same on the reissue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.whosampled.com/sample/673951/Lana-Del-Rey-Doin%27-Time-Malcolm-McLaren-Buffalo-Gals/

26vMNDz.gif

Doin' Time sampled the intro of Malcolm McLaren's Buffalo Gals. I don't have a physical copy of NFR, do they list this sample in the liner notes? If it's not, then maybe they are just adding that credit to the liner notes, and all the music will remain the same on the reissue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.whosampled.com/sample/673951/Lana-Del-Rey-Doin'-Time-Malcolm-McLaren-Buffalo-Gals/

Not seeing it in the vinyl liner notes as a sample or writing credit. Queen of plagiarism :hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif