Kurac na Biciklu

Coronavirus: COVID-19

The Coronavirus is way more serious than I thought a month ago. Back then I thought it would be like the flu but I think this virus is worse than the flu. It's insane how fast it is spreading.  The people who over panic made everything worse. Yesterday a co-worker of my father told to my dad that he went to a supermarket and saw two people fighting for toilet paper and then didn't want to stop until a worker at the supermarket called the police :facepalm: the last time I left the house was on Saturday. I was sitting with my best friend in her garden, two meters away from her. We decided to meet for the last time because we both decided to stay for the next two weeks at home completely. Yesterday she texts me and said that she met a friend last week and her friend has a boyfriend and his mother has the Coronavirus. Now the friend and the boyfriend get tested if they have the Coronavirus or not. But they most likely have it. And my best friend met her friend last Wednesday. We don't know if her friend or the boyfriend and the mother had the Coronavirus back then because the mother got tested on Saturday if I remember correctly. If my best friend has the Coronavirus as well I don't know if I could have Corona too.  She has symptoms of a cold and I woke up with a hurting throat this morning. I had the flu for the last three weeks ago and last week I was almost healthy again. But I can still barely breathe and I still have to cough. Maybe it is still my flu but I don't know. The problem is that I have to go to my grandma every morning (she has her own flat in our house) and check after her because my parents are at work and my grandpa is in a hospital because of heart problems. And I don't want to infect my grandma...

Ich bin mir ja nicht sicher, inwiefern sich Deutschland hier von Österreich unterscheidet, aber bei uns wäre das, glaube ich, Grund bzw. Risiko genug, um getestet zu werden. Eben weil es um eine besonders gefährdete Person geht, zu der du regelmäßigen Kontakt hast. Ansonsten solltest du dir zumindest immer die Hände desinfizieren, bevor du zu ihr gehst, und vielleicht einen Mundschutz tragen (oder dir zumindest ein Tuch oder so umwickeln). Aber ein Test wäre hier sicher das Beste.

So I think my dad might've actually had COVID-19 last month, my parents were on holiday in Egypt (don't judge them, that was before it really was a thing in Europe lol) and some of the other tourists there had what everybody assumed to be "the flu". Then, when he was back home, he came up with a fever and had that typical dry cough. Obviously if he actually had it, it's safe to say both my mum and I were infected as well, although neither of us developed symptoms. If only there was some kind of test out there that could help us find out... But since we haven't been in contact with a confirmed case, we won't get tested. *rolls eyes*

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

is there anybody else who can check in on her who hasn't been in contact with you. i'm so worried for her right now i don't know how you would deal with this

I was in contact with a lot of family members in the last few days. And on Friday I was in school because I had an oral exam and I got great results and some family members visited me to congratulate me on this day :facepalm: but I met my best friend who had possible contact with a Corona infected person on Saturday. Nevertheless, I'm worried as well. But luckily no of my family members shows any symptoms yet.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Ich bin mir ja nicht sicher, inwiefern sich Deutschland hier von Österreich unterscheidet, aber bei uns wäre das, glaube ich, Grund bzw. Risiko genug, um getestet zu werden. Eben weil es um eine besonders gefährdete Person geht, zu der du regelmäßigen Kontakt hast. Ansonsten solltest du dir zumindest immer die Hände desinfizieren, bevor du zu ihr gehst, und vielleicht einen Mundschutz tragen (oder dir zumindest ein Tuch oder so umwickeln). Aber ein Test wäre hier sicher das Beste.

So I think my dad might've actually had COVID-19 last month, my parents were on holiday in Egypt (don't judge them, that was before it really was a thing in Europe lol) and some of the other tourists there had what everybody assumed to be "the flu". Then, when he was back home, he came up with a fever and had that typical dry cough. Obviously if he actually had it, it's safe to say both my mum and I were infected as well, although neither of us developed symptoms. If only there was some kind of test out there that could help us find out... But since we haven't been in contact with a confirmed case, we won't get tested. *rolls eyes*

Ich rufe morgen früh aufjedenfall bei meinem Hausarzt an und erzähle ihm alles.  Aufjedenfall müsste ich mal durchgecheckt werden egal ob das jetzt wegen dem Coronavirus oder noch wegen meiner Grippe ist. Kriege nämlich immoment kaum Luft und habe Husten. Ich hoffe das es deinem Vater wieder gut. Hoffe auch das ihr keinen Coronavirus hattet aber es könnte wahrscheinlich Corona gewesen sein. Ist halt blöd das du und deine Mum sich nicht testen lassen können.....es gibt mehrere Menschen die den Virus in sich tragen und keine Symptome zeigen und sich nicht testen lassen können bzw dürfen weil eben keine Symptome oder kein Kontakt zu einem/r bestätigten Infizierten besteht. Finde ich auch nur zum Augen rollen....

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

But Egypt is not in Europe, it’s in Africa.

But Egypt is not in Europe

I never said that it is, but thanks I guess lol. My point was that when they boarded the plane to Egypt, COVID-19 wasn't really seen as a problem anywhere outside of China. If they had known how serious things would become in Europe during the three weeks they spent on holiday, obviously they never would've left in the first place. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I never said that it is, but thanks I guess lol. My point was that when they boarded the plane to Egypt, COVID-19 wasn't really seen as a problem anywhere outside of China. If they had known how serious things would become in Europe during the three weeks they spent on holiday, obviously they never would've left in the first place.

Yes, you’re right. It just sounded like that :)

It really pisses me off how some celebs out there have acted and I really can't hear their 'stay at home', 'Stay At Home', 'PLEASE STAY AT HOME' anymore.

It's like they have all lost grip on reality.

Wish they would realize as long as bosses / managements say we have to work and they don't close the company yet - particularly if there aren't any regulations that they have to - we can't stay at home, we have jobs to lose.
Especially now find a new one if you lost it! 

Our government is holding a press conference right now, the region I'm in will be on lockdown for at least the next three weeks as most of the infected are here. Restaurants, bars etc. will be closed although takeaway is allowed.

I called a doctor this morning and I'm not allowed to go to him because I had contact to a person (best friend) who had contact to a person who is a most likely infected but I can't get tested if I have Corona or not because I don't have fever and I have to wait until my best friend gets tested positive.  So I have to wait... I try to stay away from my family members and my coughing gets worse today (It could be the flu again but god knows.)... 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

I was brushing it off with memes too. Laughing at locals stocking supplies and groceries, thinking it wouldn't get all the way to Poland. Oh well.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

For now, the lockdown in Austria will be in effect until the 13th of April, but our chancellor already implied that we shouldn't expect things to be much different than they are now after that date, so an extension of the measures is more than likely. At this point, I doubt universities and schools will reopen at all this semester. 

I guess the situation in other European countries will be similar.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

For now, the lockdown in Austria will be in effect until the 13th of April, but our chancellor already implied that we shouldn't expect things to be much different than they are now after that date, so an extension of the measures is more than likely. At this point, I doubt universities and schools will reopen at all this semester. 

I guess the situation in other European countries will be similar.

It's just the beginning, it sure will also affect the May, at least...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read an article about Africa today - the forecasts here are concerning. The people there will be at the mercy of coronavirus especially in slums.

heyo. So I don't really know a lot of ya guys on here. I'm currently watching the local news and maybe that's just affecting me stronger than it should but, aside from all the love that we can type away and express. Just wanted to remind everyone that we're strong. Every single one of us.

For anyone needing to hear this especially.
You're strong. You can get thru this. Self isolating might drive some w hard anxiety. We might miss loved ones. Even just going outside seems like a dream. 
Some of us might have problems not being able to work, w life instability bc of what's happening. 
Maybe some of us might even be outside doin who know what (be careful, for urselves, and for OTHERS).

I hope everyone finds the best ways of distracting themselves when needed, and the resources, even if just mindset to really traverse thru this. 

Granted, we all are probably thinking of the things, the people that really matter to us. Things that give our lives importance and meaning. Please don't stray and forget. 
It's probably real difficult or maybe even easy to be thinking about the numbers on our screens. We can't really do much for them, maybe give them a moment of silence? or thoughts of self contemplating bout our own lives. It might not really directly affect us, but please don't let the constancy of these events take ur heart away . . 

I hope we can really try to do the best we can, as individuals, as a group of people even, to just be the best we can, to be the caring, smart, and stand-up people I know we're all capable of being. Our fears are definitely warranted, for sure. We're being asked to just stay home, and not to invalidate how others might be feeling, thinking, but I hope we can be grateful for the rest we're societally being allowed. 

Hope everyone has access to current events, not just of our areas, but from a worldwide scale as much as you can. Be aware of updates.
Please know the protocols, and follow them as smartly as able. Check out some local relief programs and do what you're able to help their efforts if u safely can.
https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

Check on your parents. Check on your friends. Check on your relatives. 
Your professors, your co-workers. 
Friends ya might've not heard from in a while. 
The extraverts that have a knack for keeping everyone happy.
The ones that check on everyone. 
Heck even the introverts that enjoy being alone. 
If situationally able, tell em how much they mean to you. Let them know one way or another. 

Wish we knew more about all this. Staying calm, being smart and being human is really all we can do atm. 

Keep looking forward to tomorrow, k?
We've still a lot to look forward to, but it might not mean much if something horrible happens. Take care of urselves, and what you can handle. 

This might've been like, dramatic or whatever, but just take care ok? 

I look forward to reading everyone creatively complain about the next record, the next Lana sighting. The next stan wars/beef dramas. Aside from the beautiful insights and pop/non-pop culture news this site, our site, lets us do. 

We're funny af at times huh? Looool  :whatever2:  :hide: 
Alright peace out, get some *corresponding meal time meal* 

Cheers, here's to another another day of whatever we're all doin  :kiss2: 

tl;dr take fucking care. Stay calm, keep smart, be kind.  :agree: 

UV/Honeymoon

@ very very well said. calmed me down a bit. it may sound weird because we don't know each other, but i feel like you will always have my back no matter what and that means a lot. your words always make me feel safe and calm. you put out a lot of goodness into the world and i hope you receive some back

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

@@daisy fresh witch hey ngl, it's a bit weird for me too. I'm kinda just getting used to it too, since like last year, it's new for me. I know it might not really be much, but I think yeah words and support are real important, so forsure ya can count on me and hopefully others for that on here. 'ppreciate it, and this is gonna sound hellllllllishly sappy, but not to make it weird. Just do ur best being the best version of yourself, k? ya seem like someone who lives real vibrantly, and it's cool to know. stay safe .. ! 

UV/Honeymoon